Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sw1x
it may take 5 min from the train station‘s platform to get to the hotel - or one would have to walk in slow motion. Even Google Maps indicates 2 min. walking time and a distance of 220 yards - and their reference point appears to be the middle of the station.

And it doesn’t take much to realise that the hotel is located further from the terminals than the airport-adjacent Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn.

To be fair one has to mention in this context that the Hyatt Place normally comes at a fraction of their prices.

i have nothing but positive experiences here - taking into account what was to be expected.
Agreed! I paid 5k Hyatt points for 1 night which I value at about $75 USD vs. a paid rate at the Hilton (which granted is onsite in Terminal 1, and a mere 10 minute walking distance) at about 210 Euro. The taxi from the airport to Hyatt Place was only a few minutes and was 10 Euros (I took 1 to and from the airport), so I thought it was a great value. Not the most glamorous hotel or largest rooms, but was perfect for an overnight stay near the airport.

I wasn't there for breakfast due to an early flight, but I'm surprised it isn't included as I was under the assumption breakfast is included at all Hyatt Places.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I wasn't there for breakfast due to an early flight, but I'm surprised it isn't included as I was under the assumption breakfast is included at all Hyatt Places.
I think it's only included for US-based Hyatt Places.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Gotcha. Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
From Hyatt Place website

**Free breakfast is not included at Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport, Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit, Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, Hyatt Place Paris Charles de Gaulle, Hyatt Place Zurich Airport The Circle, Hyatt Place London City East, Hyatt Place Krakow, and The Forester, a Hyatt Place hotel.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Markie
From Hyatt Place website

**Free breakfast is not included at Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport, Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit, Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport, Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, Hyatt Place Paris Charles de Gaulle, Hyatt Place Zurich Airport The Circle, Hyatt Place London City East, Hyatt Place Krakow, and The Forester, a Hyatt Place hotel.
That is just a lame money grabbing rule. It's like IHG saying breakfast is not included for non-US Holiday Inn Express or Hilton saying same for Hampton Inns. Not impressed.

​​​​
Old Jun 17, 2023, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by demue
That is just a lame money grabbing rule.

​​​​
They should have used that opportunity to create yet another brand.

I wonder how many Americans staying at one of these properties are annoyed every single day because they don’t get what they perceive as a brand standard.

Admittedly, the one time I stayed there (and received free breakfast for some reason;perhaps the rule didn’t exist yet?) the breakfast was much nicer than standard US HP breakfast.

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jun 17, 2023 at 7:51 am
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
They should have used that opportunity to create yet another brand.

I wonder how many Americans staying at one of these properties are annoyed every single day because they don’t get what they perceive as a brand standard.

Admittedly, the one time I stayed there (and received free breakfast for some reason;perhaps the rule didn’t exist yet?) the breakfast was much nicer than standard US HP breakfast.
Same goes for breakfast at say European & Asian Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inns or such. Usually a fair bit superior (and at least a tad healthier in options) in variety and quality compared to the fare at the same US counterparts where one is lucky to get (instant) oatmeal that does not have tons of preadded sugar already and eggs are made from powder and water. Anyways, that's another topic.

They should just build the breakfast into the rate in those locations, but then the room doesn't look that cheap any longer in comparison. YMMV.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:33 pm

Same goes for breakfast at say European & Asian Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inns or such. Usually a fair bit superior (and at least a tad healthier in options) in variety and quality compared to the fare at the same US counterparts where one is lucky to get (instant) oatmeal that does not have tons of preadded sugar already and eggs are made from powder and water. Anyways, that's another topic.

They should just build the breakfast into the rate in those locations, but then the room doesn't look that cheap any longer in comparison. YMMV.
I wasn't aware that there was such brand inconsistency.... A brand should be consistent everywhere....
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
There is a Hampton Inn at the FRA airport -- do they include breakfast as all US HIs?

In any case, I rebooked my overnight at FRA to the HGI for 139 EUR instead of 5K Hyatt points or 124 EUR at the HP. As a Diamond I will get free breakfast buffet, and I don't have to worry about parking or a shuttle or S-Bahn.
demue likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
There is a Hampton Inn at the FRA airport -- do they include breakfast as all US HIs?

In any case, I rebooked my overnight at FRA to the HGI for 139 EUR instead of 5K Hyatt points or 124 EUR at the HP. As a Diamond I will get free breakfast buffet, and I don't have to worry about parking or a shuttle or S-Bahn.
Good call, definetly not worth 5k points to save 15€ on rate (ignoring the breakfast situation) and you have better accessibility to T1.

As far as Hamptons go, the one at (near) Munich airport has a pretty decent breakfast included as per brand standard.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
The only chain hotels near FRA that I know of that includes breakfast for all guests are the two HIX properties...Raunheim and Moerfelden. The Raunheim property has become my go to hotel for a quick one nighter near FRA. New hotel with friendly staff and a decent free breakfast and the rates are usually much lower than other hotels near FRA.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Update on getting to and from here by S-bahn train.

From the airport (terminal 1) to the hotel

Take S-bahn line numbers "S8" or "S9" from the airport terminal 1 train station and get off after 1 stop at "Frankfurt am Main - Gateway Gardens" station. Price is 2.10 euro each way. There is no train station at terminal 2, so you will have to use the free airport shuttle to transfer between terminals 1 and 2.

Once you arrive at the Gateway Gardens" station platform, you can either use the elevator in the center of the platform to exit or the escalators on either end. The escalator exit/entrance closest to the Hyatt Place is called "Jean-Gardner-Batten-strasse" and "De-Saint-Exupery-strasse. Once outside, the hotel will be on your right, next to a park like area.

From the hotel to the airport (terminal1):

Take S-bahn line numbers "S8" and "S9" from "Frankfurt am Main - Gateway Gardens" station to the airport terminal 1 in only 1 stop. Station is a 1 to 2 minute walk away from the hotel entrance. There is no train station at terminal 2, so you will have to use the free airport shuttle to transfer between terminal 1 and 2. Price 2.10 euro

Purchasing train tickets:

To buy the 2.10 euro tickets (price for one way in both directions) select "kurzstrecke" (short journey) on the machine.
The ticket machines at the airport and near the hotel all take coins or all major credit cards.

Avoid the rip off hotel shuttles all costs.
They only go to terminal 1, don't run all day, and are horribly overpriced.

kaiotes likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 1:53 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
For a 6 am T1 departing flight (w/in Schengen) how convenient / inconvenient is the HP? Having a hard time with 200 euros for a T1 hotel vs. 5k points. Breakfast doesn't matter as assume I'll need to be on a S-Bahn at 4:00 am or a similarly ungodly hour.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by leland
For a 6 am T1 departing flight (w/in Schengen) how convenient / inconvenient is the HP? Having a hard time with 200 euros for a T1 hotel vs. 5k points. Breakfast doesn't matter as assume I'll need to be on a S-Bahn at 4:00 am or a similarly ungodly hour.
It's like 3 min from the hotel to the train track. On weekdays, trains run 3:56, 4:16, 4:26, 4:41...

Travel time is 2 min. Trains should be pretty much on time at that hour. The train leaves you in a lower level of T1, perhaps a brisk 5 min walk to security (if you rush there as fast as I do haha). For a Schengen flight, I would go for the 4:41 S-Bahn, assuming hand luggage only.

Last edited by ffgap; Aug 27, 2023 at 12:31 pm
Old Aug 27, 2023, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by leland
I made the same calculation, took taxis to and from the airport (roughly 10 Euros each way). The HP while not luxurious was perfectly fine and a great value at 5k Hyatt points. Don't forget a T1 hotel will still require some walking, so the taxi is only slightly longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.