FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   70 - 80 - 90 - 100 Nights: Suite Upgrade or Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1864073-70-80-90-100-nights-suite-upgrade-points.html)

Ausriver Aug 25, 2018 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass (Post 30129424)
I just crossed the 90 threshold last week. I took the 10K each of my 70/80/90th nights. Emails was the day after the stays post automatically IME. My 100th will definitely be 10K in points again.

40K equals a lot of options.

What options are you getting out of 40K?

CloudCoder Aug 26, 2018 7:32 am

Originally Posted by luvFclass (Post 30129424)
I just crossed the 90 threshold last week. I took the 10K each of my 70/80/90th nights. Emails was the day after the stays post automatically IME. My 100th will definitely be 10K in points again.

You have several (3, I think?) months, after they send the email, until you must decide between 10K points or TSU.

YMMV but last year they let me un-do a 10K choice and re-do it as a TSU. (It was still within the 3 months period).

This year I'll probably do the four bonuses (boni?) as 3 x 10k and 1 TSU.

luvFclass Aug 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver (Post 30130380)
What options are you getting out of 40K?

I have plans to visit PH HND and PH SYD in 2019, with possible last minute travels to PH CDG at any time if work and rewards avail flow my way. 30K for a tax free night in any of these properties, and 1/2 way to another, or almost at C&P rates. My hope is to have a 7 night all points stay in PH HND due to the high local taxes there (19% I think). A very nice use of points, and surprisingly, for vacations as Hyatt Worldwide properties work for me in particular. Though Stariott St Regis is a very nice plan B. ;)

the real question is what do I do for stays 101++++?

365RoadWarrior Aug 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by JackE (Post 30129305)
Why isn't an extra 40K points a meaningful benefit for you?

My points go to my employers. Unfortunately, that includes points from my leisure travel too. Yes, I should care about getting all the points they are owed, but I'm not inclined to beat my head against the wall ensuring this.

JackE Aug 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior (Post 30135939)
My points go to my employers. Unfortunately, that includes points from my leisure travel too. Yes, I should care about getting all the points they are owed, but I'm not inclined to beat my head against the wall ensuring this.

Whoa! Grabbing your leisure points doesn't even sound legal.

uppereastsider Aug 28, 2018 12:27 am

Wait... how does that work? You mean, rates you book on your own, pay with your own credit card, turn into points for your employer??? What about points earned from credit cards??

escape4 Aug 28, 2018 8:45 am

Awful. Then I would get the suite upgrades for sure!

365RoadWarrior Aug 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider (Post 30137932)
Wait... how does that work? You mean, rates you book on your own, pay with your own credit card, turn into points for your employer??? What about points earned from credit cards??

The points get redeemed for work travel, which is, I guess, about the same. I work for a not-for-profit/not-for-profits, so it's more-okay.

I don't play the credit card games. Actually, I can't, because I'm a 365-day traveler.

josephstern Sep 3, 2018 7:22 pm

No one answered about the WoH CC nights counting, but I sure hope they do. If not, I'm wasting a lot of good legitimate spend on this card.

I'm also pretty sure they do count.

uppereastsider Sep 3, 2018 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30163660)
No one answered about the WoH CC nights counting, but I sure hope they do. If not, I'm wasting a lot of good legitimate spend on this card.

I'm also pretty sure they do count.

why would they not? They are elite qualifying nights, just like if you stayed at a hotel. Or are you worried they only count towards globalist and not 70/80/90, which would make no sense since the recent Andaz double elite nights count towards that.

josephstern Sep 3, 2018 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider (Post 30163772)

why would they not? They are elite qualifying nights, just like if you stayed at a hotel. Or are you worried they only count towards globalist and not 70/80/90, which would make no sense since the recent Andaz double elite nights count towards that.

I just feel like, with Hyatt, we never really know how things will work. After all of the misinformation over the 55/60 nights issue, I just have my guard up.

mnredfox Sep 4, 2018 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30163855)
I just feel like, with Hyatt, we never really know how things will work. After all of the misinformation over the 55/60 nights issue, I just have my guard up.

I’m already at 63N. My old CC statement closes tomorrow. I’m going to pay it off and then cancel and then open the new card. Estimating the whole thing will take a few weeks. I’ll post what happens, but I’m expecting the 5N plus multiples of two for spend will count.

ronbo83 Sep 5, 2018 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30163855)

Thr CC 5 nights posted before I even got the card and that sent me over 70 nights and triggered the bonus. I am now at 81 nights and the second bonus was also triggered on time so these nights do count toward the bonus thresholds.

josephstern Sep 5, 2018 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by ronbo83 (Post 30172319)

Thr CC 5 nights posted before I even got the card and that sent me over 70 nights and triggered the bonus. I am now at 81 nights and the second bonus was also triggered on time so these nights do count toward the bonus thresholds.

OK. Cool. Glad that's working.

mnredfox Sep 7, 2018 2:07 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30172444)
OK. Cool. Glad that's working.

Ditto.