FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   70 - 80 - 90 - 100 Nights: Suite Upgrade or Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1864073-70-80-90-100-nights-suite-upgrade-points.html)

xooz Dec 10, 2022 6:53 am

Thanks for the analysis. The "nice to have" nature of the extra TSU is true for me as well, as I recently used one at The Confidante for 3 nights just because it was getting close to expiration. That said, we have gotten to the point where we like to have larger rooms, and during winter/bad weather my wife prefers to eat in the room so we like a place to do that comfortably. I think I will cancel my pending stays and see how my TSU consumption goes this year and regroup next fall to see if I change my mind.

Peatisback Jan 1, 2023 7:41 am

Thanks for the feedback- I selected the suite upgrade today and it does indeed have a 2/28/25 expiration.

Originally Posted by Matt4200 (Post 34692877)
This is more of a hack than official Hyatt policy or guidance. Hyatt employees including MHC would not know about it unless they’ve literally done it themselves. There’s many here who can attest to its validity as they’ve done it year after year.

You can definitely post back here in mid-January and I guarantee you will get several responses showing screenshots with 2/28/25 expiration.

TravelinSperry Jan 1, 2023 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback (Post 34881977)
Thanks for the feedback- I selected the suite upgrade today and it does indeed have a 2/28/25 expiration.

Yup, same here. Will come in handy in case Globalist is hard to come by next year

SHLTP Jan 1, 2023 5:05 pm

Thanks Matt for telling us about the hack and for those of you who tried yesterday cutting it close. Waiting until today to choose my milestone awards this let me have 3 TSUs through 2/28/25.
Much much much appreciated the help here. I would have chosen months ago.

TSUs are the best, though I didn't use many this year as hotels preupgraded me so I was worried about having so many get unused next year too
Thanks again!

QUOTE=TravelinSperry;34883300]Yup, same here. Will come in handy in case Globalist is hard to come by next year[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Peatisback (Post 34881977)

Originally Posted by Matt4200 (Post 34821522)
So you get 1 TSU for hitting 70, not multiple to clarify as you wrote “tsu’s“.

I would say this is my “rule of thumb” -

First 2 TSU’s (50 night milestone) worth 20k for the 1st one and 15k for the 2nd one to me.

Second 2 TSU’s (60 night milestone) worth 10k each to me.

5th TSU - 5k points to me.

Why?

The first two are for primary planned travel which would be 1-2 “big” or “major” trips.

The following two are for trips that it’s nice to have, but likely would get a suite upgrade anyways.

Beyond that it’s just using them for the heck of it.

I struggle to even use 4 a year.

Obviously YMMV and it’s fully dependent on travel plans.