Emails from GMs

Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Emails from GMs

Seems they've started rolling out a new program. GMs are now contacting Globs in advance of their stay, during, and after.

I received an email in June before my Waikiki stay. Since it was the first time ever I asked about it and was told the hotels have been asked to recognize guests with status. My husband, who stayed on a GOH reservation right after my stay also got an email, but from a lower level manager.

I just got another one from a GM for a stay this weekend at a different property.

I guess they're trying to keep us happy It is a nice touch and allows us to make any special requests in advance of our stay instead of having to call the front desk. I asked for non-feather pillows. Let's see if it works
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:43 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Seems they've started rolling out a new program. GMs are now contacting Globs in advance of their stay, during, and after.

I received an email in June before my Waikiki stay. Since it was the first time ever I asked about it and was told the hotels have been asked to recognize guests with status. My husband, who stayed on a GOH reservation right after my stay also got an email, but from a lower level manager.

I just got another one from a GM for a stay this weekend at a different property.

I guess they're trying to keep us happy It is a nice touch and allows us to make any special requests in advance of our stay instead of having to call the front desk. I asked for non-feather pillows. Let's see if it works
It was a nice touch the first few times, but now it's kind of spammy. I have more than a dozen identical emails from one manager at a property where we frequently stay. I do appreciate that many of the emails are "welcome back" though. I'm always surprised when I'm asked at check in if this is my first time at a property, when I've stayed there a half dozen times ... this year. It makes one wonder what kind of CRM system (if any) they use ?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Well normally I do contact the hotel with room requests and to compliment people for good service. I only had to contact a hotel once to advise a GM about a seriously bad mattress. I didn't ask for anything, nor did I expect anything, yet he gave me a free night anyway - which I never used.

FWIW - I also found out they keep the emails in our records. The people in Waikiki knew I had an issue with a bed in another hotel and were able to read the entire thing.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:42 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I suspect that the personal emails from the GM are automated.

Evidence:
  1. Attended the going-away party for a GM who was leaving Hyatt to start his own company.
  2. Returned to that same hotel a week later.
  3. Received a personal individual beautiful Hyatt email from that same GM (who is now gone).
  4. I personally know he's gone because I personally saw him go.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I suspect that the personal emails from the GM are automated.
Dang, and there I pictured the GM sitting in her office every night tapping away individualized emails to globalists.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Wow. You mean were not special?

and yes I find them annoying. I book my nights usually one night at a time for long stays and I get the same BS mail every day.

With that said, my prefs from one hotel carry over to many hotels which is nice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.