FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emails from GMs
Thread: Emails from GMs
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:43 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Seems they've started rolling out a new program. GMs are now contacting Globs in advance of their stay, during, and after.

I received an email in June before my Waikiki stay. Since it was the first time ever I asked about it and was told the hotels have been asked to recognize guests with status. My husband, who stayed on a GOH reservation right after my stay also got an email, but from a lower level manager.

I just got another one from a GM for a stay this weekend at a different property.

I guess they're trying to keep us happy It is a nice touch and allows us to make any special requests in advance of our stay instead of having to call the front desk. I asked for non-feather pillows. Let's see if it works
It was a nice touch the first few times, but now it's kind of spammy. I have more than a dozen identical emails from one manager at a property where we frequently stay. I do appreciate that many of the emails are "welcome back" though. I'm always surprised when I'm asked at check in if this is my first time at a property, when I've stayed there a half dozen times ... this year. It makes one wonder what kind of CRM system (if any) they use ?