Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/05/09/w...9/?omhide=true

The desperation has started!
Old May 10, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Do trial Explorist get club upgrades? Do Fast Track Globalist get TSUs.

Last edited by notquiteaff; May 10, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Old May 10, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
If you want to see if your domain/company is eligible just enter a company email into the email field. Don't submit the form but click into the Membership # field. If a red error appears below the email field you are not eligible.
Even though I am apparently eligible (the validate-email script returns true) I have yet to receive an email with instructions.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That didn't take long.

For those of you hanging in there until 2018 "when all the fake Globalists will be gone" . . . sorry
bbbb likes this.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Holy s**t, I'm looking at how the heck I was going to get 60 nights, and I've got 26 nights YTD. That's a real slap for current Globalists.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is a disaster. Glob with only 20 nights rather than 60?

Let's hope that at least they won't GE given the nights-related perks such as TSUs and My Hyatt Concierge.

I'm offended.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I had a feeling something really wasn't right with Hyatt yesterday when I was talking to a World of Hyatt manager at the WOH customer service line and telling her the program is a disaster in my experience and she barely reacted. It's like they know, and they've been told not to reveal that they know. I also had to make a call to SPG today and the manager there had actual human-seeming responses, like she was truly concerned about the issue. WOH was zoned out/nonresponsive.

But now that a 20-night Glob offer is publicized, who in their right mind is going to go for 60?

Last edited by Katlor; May 10, 2017 at 8:18 pm
Old May 10, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What about those of us who have already hit 60 this year?
Old May 10, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What about those of us who have already hit 60 this year?
Rest assured that you are exactly the kind of customer Hyatt cares about. The only kind, at that!
Old May 10, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Absolutely outrageous.

Talk about spitting on your loyal (and long term) members and then rubbing their faces in it....

Has Hyatt no idea about loyalty? Sure, they'll get 20 nights this year from some, have to deliver benefits, but lose very long term members in the meantime. What a stupid and shortsighted strategy....

...but why am I surprised?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:03 pm

Clueless and moronic. Irritate many good customers ( eg, the 25 stay folk) and serve an additional slap in the face not only to those who have left but also to those contemplating the 60 night threshold. Truly bizarre strategy by Hyatt.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And it even infuriates the status match crowd, as it's far inferior to the previous status challenge (12 nights, with Diamond status during the challenge)
Old May 10, 2017, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Do trial Explorist get club upgrades? Do Fast Track Globalist get TSUs.
No and no.

You have to understand that rewards are now decoupled from status.

Explorist club upgrades are not part of Explorist status. You have to stay 30 nights to earn them.

TSUs are not part of Globalist status. You have to stay 60 nights to earn them.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hailstorm
No and no.

Explorist club upgrades are not part of Explorist status. You have to stay 30 nights to earn them.

That is what I expected but it might surprise some.

Also a reason why I think TSU is a misnomer. WoH has three elite tiers and the suite upgrades are not awarded to a tier.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
No and no.

Are we sure about how these rules will be applied to those who get Glob via 20 nights?

There were previous Hyatt status challenges that not only gave Diamond privileges during the challenge period, but also permitted those who did not meet the challenge (sometimes with no Hyatt activity at all during the three month period) to keep their four DSUs for later use. IIRC if the person did meet the requirement to retain Diamond, they received four more DSUs as an additional reword.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.