Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jpdx

A slap in the face of all former Diamonds who are considering stretching to 60 nights
There must be a lot of them. There's one born every minute.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Unbelievable...Zidell quits and this??
Old May 11, 2017, 1:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jpdx
What boggles the mind is that Hyatt has gone through great lengths to fire the ~40 night/25 stay Diamonds, many of whom must have been in the $8-10k annual spend range. Let's say 1 in 10 of these new 20 night status matchees will actually stick around as 60nt/$20k Globs, and you'll need 5 status matchees to make up the revenue of every long-term ~40 night/25 stay Diamond Hyatt lost.
That's indeed the whole stupidity described in a few sentences.....

Burning points for me this year and the beginning of next. Where they had an almost guaranteed revenue from me of something like €10-15k they will get about 10-15% of that this year
Old May 11, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I mean...seriously.......
Old May 11, 2017, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by wilma
Unbelievable...Zidell quits and this??
This might have been his final misstep. It's like when a car is veering towards a disastrous collision and the panicked driver spins the wheel in the opposite direction.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Shouldn't the question be about obtaining and retaining high value customers, not fake elites that will be gone when their fake status ends?
Corporate customers of sorts are considered to be very valuable customers. It's why these kind of promotions and tie-ins of sorts are out there -- with Hyatt but also with a lot of other hotel groups.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
News keeps getting better and better. :/
Old May 11, 2017, 6:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Corporate customers of sorts are considered to be very valuable customers. It's why these kind of promotions and tie-ins of sorts are out there -- with Hyatt but also with a lot of other hotel groups.
This is a very different pool than the recipients of airline status matches who are nominated by their corporate travel departments.

For Hyatt, it's anyone with a corporate email address, including the summer student intern and any hourly or minimum wage employee, even part time, with a corporate email account that's perhaps only used for communications with HR.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Here's a direct link to the promo...

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/elitetier.html

This is almost as bad as the status giveaway... now anyone in a specific company can get status.

I worked for large companies my entire career, except for now, when I decided to scale back. My last huge company is not eligible, and my husband's mid-large company isn't either.

This is truly outrageous. As a long time diamond who has directed almost all my spend to Hyatt, I now need 60 nights to maintain my status, while someone who happens to work at one of the eligible companies only needs 20. Never mind that I probably spend more than they will.

Arghhhh
Old May 11, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
This is unbelievable. Wow.

I have been diamond/glob for 15 years with 49 nights this year to date, mostly full-service Hyatts. I am the type of loyal customer that didn't consider leaving, even with the ridiculous WoH changes.

And my loyalty ends here. My company qualifies for this offer. So as it turns out, I didn't need all of these nights at Hyatt. I could have stayed at the closer or cheaper hotels for some of my stays.

I just wrote my complaint to Hyatt. I will finish this year but shop around for after that.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder whether the list of eligible companies is the same as the list of companies with corporate rates for Hyatt. Does anyone have anecdotal evidence to confirm or deny this?
Old May 11, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Now that I think about it, this could have been planned from the beginning of WOH. They set a ridiculous number of stays to achieve the highest tier, knowing most people wouldn't even begin to hit it. Then once they are on track to have gotten rid of most of their highest tier individual customers, they institute a status match to attract what they are thinking of as easy money-- people on business stays with expense accounts from big companies. They'll also now know where those people work so they'll be able to dole out perks based on how much they're trying to get that company's business, or how hip they think the company is, or whatever. This explains a lot of the WOH marketing which had little substance but seemed trying to reposition Hyatt as an expense account hotel for young business travelers.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether the list of eligible companies is the same as the list of companies with corporate rates for Hyatt. Does anyone have anecdotal evidence to confirm or deny this?
No, it's not. I tried my email address at my last company, which always has corporate rates at Hyatt, and it came up as not eligible. I used to get pretty good discounts using the company code.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:34 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
No, it's not. I tried my email address at my last company, which always has corporate rates at Hyatt, and it came up as not eligible. I used to get pretty good discounts using the company code.
Just another data point, but I saw the same as Mary2e. A company with a corporate rate but not eligible for this offer.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:46 am

Then could Hyatt be targeting companies with which they would like to have corporate rate agreements?
writetorich likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.