Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Hello Greetings,

I am doing challenge for Globalist

My question , my clock start now until 90days ahead
But my family had 6 nite plans in December.2020

Can I book now for December ? and the 6nite in december be accounted for Qualifying Status?

Regards
Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by HannsenBos3
Hello Greetings,

Can I book now for December ? and the 6nite in december be accounted for Qualifying Status?

Regards
havent done a hyatt status challenge before but I’m pretty certain that it’s based on stay dates, not booking dates, so December probably won’t make the cut for challenge purposes.
HannsenBos3 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by myperks
havent done a hyatt status challenge before but I’m pretty certain that it’s based on stay dates, not booking dates, so December probably won’t make the cut for challenge purposes.
This is correct. It’s based on your stay dates (checkout date), not the booking dates. So you need to complete your last stay before the 90 days.
HannsenBos3 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Hello Greetings,

Regards
Stay dates only. You need to stay in the coming 90 days including checkout day.
HannsenBos3 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Originally Posted by liondragonx5y
This is correct. It’s based on your stay dates (checkout date), not the booking dates. So you need to complete your last stay before the 90 days.
such a pity the 6 nites in Dec, well okay, thanks for the answers,
at least had 6 nite in Dec to offset my investments
Old Aug 21, 2020, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
such a pity the 6 nites in Dec, well okay, thanks for the answers,
at least had 6 nite in Dec to offset my investments
Makes sense it is stay date, else people could cancel the reservation after the status is awarded but before the stay date.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Makes sense it is stay date, else people could cancel the reservation after the status is awarded but before the stay date.
ok understand
Old Oct 17, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
From reading through the earlier purges in this thread it seems people were getting two emails related to the promotion:
  1. an email to their corporate email address inviting them to click through to activate the promotion
  2. an email to their personal email address (/address registered to their WOH account) confirming the details of the promotion
I received 1 but not 2. Are Hyatt still sending the confirmation emails? I’m a little worried it didn’t go through correctly or that my company isn’t eligible (although when I go back and enter my corporate email again to try to register I get a “you are already registered” error message.

Also - any recent data points on how long it takes for the globalist status to update after you’ve competed 20 nights? I have a series of two week long reservations and I’m trying to figure out if I should split it into 14+6 and do a few nights elsewhere until globalist status kicks in so that I can get waived resort / destination fees and breakfast benefits.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by coleslaw
From reading through the earlier purges in this thread it seems people were getting two emails related to the promotion:
  1. an email to their corporate email address inviting them to click through to activate the promotion
  2. an email to their personal email address (/address registered to their WOH account) confirming the details of the promotion
I received 1 but not 2. Are Hyatt still sending the confirmation emails? I’m a little worried it didn’t go through correctly or that my company isn’t eligible (although when I go back and enter my corporate email again to try to register I get a “you are already registered” error message.

Also - any recent data points on how long it takes for the globalist status to update after you’ve competed 20 nights? I have a series of two week long reservations and I’m trying to figure out if I should split it into 14+6 and do a few nights elsewhere until globalist status kicks in so that I can get waived resort / destination fees and breakfast benefits.
Signed up on July 11th and had until October 11th to make my 10/20 nights. Did my 20 nights by October 6th.

My status showed Explorist immediately after I clicked the confirmation link. At the time it correctly showed it valid to 3 months from the day I clicked the activation link. On completing 10 nights, it immediately changed the expiry of the Explorist status to Feb 28, 2022. This was when my stays posted to take past 10 nights. Similarly, on the day my stay posted that took me past 20 nights, it showed my status as Globalist with an expiry of Feb 28, 2022. All in all, their IT system with this Status challenge is pretty slick. Not had a single issue so far. Now if only Chase was equally good about getting promo points and nights posted from the Credit card, that would be perfect.

Essentially you will really be bound by when your stays post to your account. Not sure if this is property dependent. I have noticed that it varies from property to property. On the backend their system is very quick at updating your status accordingly, once the nights have posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.