Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
... The PLAs I had were Omaha based, doing a combination of call center and work from home long hours; both were on a special escalation team.
I finally got an answer from Hyatt Globalist CS and I am pretty sure that the reps I am currently dealing with are on the "Special Obfuscation Team". It's either that or they are stupefyingly obtuse.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
I just got assigned one. Qualified on points months ago .
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by footastic
Same here
maybe they just finished preparation?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:41 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
How do you know you were assigned one?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They reached out via email and left me a voicemail.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:15 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
For those who have a My Hyatt Concierge, supposedly the Hyatt website shows a different contact phone number, along with an email address. In other words, log in to "My Account", look just beneath your "Base Points YTD", and there's a link "Contact Us". Click that link and it's supposed to show your double-super-secret My Hyatt Concierge info.

Does it indeed show the concierge contact info?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:26 am

I received an email today stating that they investigated my issue. Result: I have had My Hyatt Concierge continuously, ever since Day One of the program (July 12, 2014).

Suggestions to Hyatt for improvement:
  1. If your marketing materials state that the super-double-secret contact info can be viewed when you log in to your account, then make it so.
  2. If item #1 proves impossible, then periodically remind your "most valuable members" of the super-double-secret contact info.
  3. If someone makes eight different inquiries about an earned benefit, then provide the correct answer on inquiry #1 rather than inquiry #8. Or at least give the same answer each time.

Bottom line: if I ever decide to fool with hotel reservations from 8:30 to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday (except holidays and vacation days and sick days and lunch hour, etc) then it's nice to know I'm covered. #GameChanger
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
For those who have a My Hyatt Concierge, supposedly the Hyatt website shows a different contact phone number, along with an email address. In other words, log in to "My Account", look just beneath your "Base Points YTD", and there's a link "Contact Us". Click that link and it's supposed to show your double-super-secret My Hyatt Concierge info.

Does it indeed show the concierge contact info?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I received an email today stating that they investigated my issue. Result: I have had My Hyatt Concierge continuously, ever since Day One of the program (July 12, 2014).

Suggestions to Hyatt for improvement:
  1. If your marketing materials state that the super-double-secret contact info can be viewed when you log in to your account, then make it so.
  2. If item #1 proves impossible, then periodically remind your "most valuable members" of the super-double-secret contact info.
  3. If someone makes eight different inquiries about an earned benefit, then provide the correct answer on inquiry #1 rather than inquiry #8 . Or at least give the same answer each time.

Bottom line: if I ever decide to fool with hotel reservations from 8:30 to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday (except holidays and vacation days and sick days and lunch hour, etc) then it's nice to know I'm covered. #GameChanger
It's possible to request a My Hyatt Concierge who tends to work evening hours if this is more convenient for you. Also, my person has a designated back up, plus when I called in recently, my call to my own person was answered by a colleague who seemed good at handling my request.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The lady I was assigned actually kicks butt. She took over all my future reservations. Combined awards and paid stays / multiple rooms to single confirm number. Contacted hotels to extend tsu to certificate night. Arraigned car services. helped track cash and points avail for ph Maldives's (called me when 4 nights popped up).

Over all pretty impressive.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:44 pm

The lady I was assigned actually kicks butt. She took over all my future reservations. Combined awards and paid stays / multiple rooms to single confirm number. Contacted hotels to extend tsu to certificate night. Arraigned car services. helped track cash and points avail for ph Maldives's (called me when 4 nights popped up).

Over all pretty impressive.
Yes, I've been working My Hyatt Concierge pretty hard already. It's extremely handy to do business via email rather than by phone. Massive overall time savings. Two thumbs up. And to think that I've had the service for 3 years and didn't even know it.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For me, the jury is still out. I had an awesome private line agent almost until the end. My next private line agent was fine but didn't impress me as being awesome. Then I was switched to someone who quit before even making contact with me. My current person again seems fine, but still significantly less impressive than my initial private line agent.

We will see.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For me, the jury is still out. I had an awesome private line agent almost until the end. My next private line agent was fine but didn't impress me as being awesome. Then I was switched to someone who quit before even making contact with me. My current person again seems fine, but still significantly less impressive than my initial private line agent.

We will see.
5 years + as a Diamond and not even a peep about this service. I guess it's ok as there's nothing/no one to be missed!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
5 years + as a Diamond and not even a peep about this service. I guess it's ok as there's nothing/no one to be missed!
Many of us were assigned private line agents as a result of requesting one through the HGP official representative on FT. In my case, I was comped Diamond initially at some FT event, immediately requested and received my wonderful former private line agent (after the first person who was assigned to me never bothered to contact me at all!) and then requalified for Diamond every year, including Glob for next year at least.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:58 pm

If you've earned this benefit (60 nights) but have not yet received it, it is definitely worth the hassle to keep pushing and pushing, until you finally get the My Hyatt Concierge benefit.

According to the WoH Terms and Conditions, those who qualify are supposed to be able to see the Super-Double-Secret contact info, under "Contact Us", when logged in to their account. However, IME this website feature does not actually work. The "Contact Us" info on the website directs you to the regular Globalist line.

The Globalist line is quite nice, but the My Hyatt Concierge group blows them all away. It seems to be essentially the same team as "World of Hyatt Concierge" here on Flyertalk, except you can access them by phone or email. The team, and their service, is truly amazing. Overall, My Hyatt Concierge is a tremendously valuable benefit.

If you've reached 60 nights and still don't have the service, keep pushing until you do. I had to ask about it EIGHT times. Persistence pays.
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
If you've earned this benefit (60 nights) but have not yet received it, it is definitely worth the hassle to keep pushing and pushing, until you finally get the My Hyatt Concierge benefit.
Inspired by the above, I called to ask what the story is. (I qualified in early July.) They put me on hold and got a supervisor. I was informed by the supervisor that that benefit is exclusive to Lifetime Globalists, so basically: call them in 10 years.

I didn't push it further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.