Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Old Jan 4, 18, 3:23 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA GGL, IC RA, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob
I (re)qualified in Mid-December and my Concierge sent me an introduction email about a week later. It seems that I got lucky as she really seems up-to-speed with the program and has been working with Hyatt for over 10 years. Have used her twice now and was positively surprised ^ Proactive and she always called me with an update. First inquiry was about using a TSU when no entry level suite was avaiable; I explained that I would be willing to pay the rate difference to the next level suite. After reaching out to the hotel this has been arranged and confirmed. And for an upcoming stay where I have booked two rooms she proactively contacted the hotel to make sure that the guest's name has been added to the second room and that the hotel is aware of this.

So far no complaints from my side. The major advantage is that it's one point of contact, just sending off an Email. Response time is something I can not judge as of now due to the past holiday season, but first reply before Christmas was within 24h. Let's see how this continues as a quick turn-around is crucial for me. I've read stories on other forums (the German VFT) that some has been waiting for several days?
Old Jan 4, 18, 11:03 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plt / LTG, Amtrak Select+
Just received a very short turnaround for two suite upgrades via an email request. So with that, that's 2 TSUs plus adding a third person to an all inclusive promotional award stay. Very happy so far.

Hope its not just a luck of the draw thing - but my contact has been at Hyatt for 15 years and seems to love her job there
Old Jan 4, 18, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I requalified on the 22nd and got an email from my concierge in the last couple of days.
Old Jan 4, 18, 1:09 pm

I've had the same rep for a few years from the pl days and she is great. My only gripe is that I have no way to contact via phone and that she always takes 1-3 days (usually 2) to respond to email, regardless of the day or time I email. She has saved the day for Hyatt though, on many occasions.
Old Jan 7, 18, 7:44 pm

So is it normal that my concierge didn't know you can upgrade points bookings (with a suite upgrade certificate)? I had to inform her.
And then later when I asked her to book a room and upgrade it responded that I have to book a room with a paid rate and then use 6,000 points?

What level of knowledge/proficiency are people expecting from their concierges? Do you just email and expect it to be done? Or if you really need something done just call in (because then you get a person to talk to and can get feedback)?
Old Jan 13, 18, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Got 60 nights on 12/27. Didn't post till 12/31. Still no contact about the concierge.
Old Jan 13, 18, 10:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
I got 60 on 12/22. Posted on 12/23. Still no contact about the concierge either.
Old Jan 13, 18, 10:21 am

If you've spent this much time at Hyatt hotels, you know that with corporate Hyatt, you have to fight for your promised benefits.

There's just no way around that.

I'm Glob also, and if I hadn't fought for proper credit for at least three different stays in 2017, I wouldn't be Glob.

You have to fight. It's a sad state of affairs, but that's how it is with Hyatt these days.

In any event, I finally got in tough with my concierge by PMing the rep here on FT.

Fight on, Hyatt elites!
Old Jan 15, 18, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
If you've spent this much time at Hyatt hotels, you know that with corporate Hyatt, you have to fight for your promised benefits.

There's just no way around that.

I'm Glob also, and if I hadn't fought for proper credit for at least three different stays in 2017, I wouldn't be Glob.

You have to fight. It's a sad state of affairs, but that's how it is with Hyatt these days.

In any event, I finally got in tough with my concierge by PMing the rep here on FT.

Fight on, Hyatt elites!

So true - my last 3 nights were with MLife hotels.I was so worried about it not posting. I called the hotels ahead of time to confirm my Hyatt number was on there, then did it at checkout again. They finally posted on 12/31 (a week after checkout)- giving me 61 nights
Hyatt wasn't helpful when I tried to get them to confirm it.
Old Jan 15, 18, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A-List, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
My 60th night posted on 12/22. My Concierge reached out on 1/14. I have a few basic requests (applying TSU and points stay) - interested how this goes.
Old Jan 15, 18, 4:08 pm

My concierge has been great since I made initial contact.

It was just getting to that initial contact stage that took the typical Hyatt fight.

#HyattFight ?
Old Jan 18, 18, 5:21 pm

Re-qualified on 12/24 with 60 nights. Emailed a couple days ago regarding the concierge and received the following response:

"I understand your concern regarding the access to a Concierge. However, this benefits are applicable for the Globalist members who has completed 60 nights and 1,00,000 points in the calendar year. "

I pointed them toward their own Terms which clearly states OR, but am not getting a response. Maybe they are just slow in rolling these out given how many other people have yet to receive one.
Old Jan 18, 18, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by SQNfan View Post
Re-qualified on 12/24 with 60 nights. Emailed a couple days ago regarding the concierge and received the following response:

"I understand your concern regarding the access to a Concierge. However, this benefits are applicable for the Globalist members who has completed 60 nights and 1,00,000 points in the calendar year. "

I pointed them toward their own Terms which clearly states OR, but am not getting a response. Maybe they are just slow in rolling these out given how many other people have yet to receive one.
Hey - at least they didn't give you that lifetime BS!

For Hyatt, this is real progress.
Old Jan 18, 18, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group

I don’t think I’d make much effort to be assigned a concierge. Mine has done two things for me this year.

First, she was supposed to book my Cat 7 free night at PH Paris — the turnaround was two days, and then instead of booking, she emailed me to double-check because the stay was two days away and could no longer be cancelled. When I reconfirmed, award rooms were no longer available.

Then, I asked her to book my Cat 4 free night at Olive 8 Seattle. She booked a 15k points award.

I’ll take the Twitter team from here on, thank you very much.
dragonman likes this.
Old Jan 19, 18, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jpdx View Post
I dont think Id make much effort to be assigned a concierge. Mine has done two things for me this year.

First, she was supposed to book my Cat 7 free night at PH Paris the turnaround was two days, and then instead of booking, she emailed me to double-check because the stay was two days away and could no longer be cancelled. When I reconfirmed, award rooms were no longer available.

Then, I asked her to book my Cat 4 free night at Olive 8 Seattle. She booked a 15k points award.

Ill take the Twitter team from here on, thank you very much.
That was her first name or initials?

Search this Thread