Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 7:02 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aero0729
I just used the concierge for the 1st time. I booked a room at the Andaz Tokyo using 25,000 points and the only option using points were twin rooms but there were lots of different King Rooms available. I asked the concierge if there was anyway to be booked into a King, she said no but she can put in a request for me. I asked if she could help with a possible suite upgrade using one of my certificates for the 1 night, she said that was not allowed at this hotel. finally I asked about requesting an early check-in. She said thats based on availability but she would leave a note on the reservation.

OK So.. On my end I made several requests and none of them can be accommodated now. I understand that. The frustrating thing is, what did she do? I am better off just calling the hotel myself and making the requests, MyConcierge is pointless.

*As a side note.. Look whats happening to this program! Hotels opting out of confirmed suite upgrades ... blocking rooms for points usage. Andaz was the only option in Tokyo for points, even though every hotel had plenty of rooms available. The Andaz blocks any room that says View on it form points reservations... but the hotel starts on the 46th floor !
The Andaz Tokyo has always denied TSUs since it opened. Early check in is never guarantee. If you want to guarantee it then prebook the night before.

To your greater point - Hyatt Concierge is no better than booking yourself or contacting the property. In fact, the property is more likely to help you switch bed types.

It's only useful for having a single point of contact.

Last edited by m0hamed; May 17, 2018 at 7:20 am
Old May 17, 2018, 7:14 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by aero0729
I am better off just calling the hotel myself and making the requests
Instead of "either / or", try "both". The Concierge is extremely useful because you can contact them by email, text, etc. The ability to make or change a reservation by sending an email or a text is valuable on many occasions. But you can always contact the hotel yourself, after the reservation is made. The conversation can start like this: "I have an upcoming stay, and I'm not sure if the Hyatt Concierge Service understands your hotel. That's why I'm calling you, because you're the experts on the topic of Your Hotel, right? Here's the situation: ..."
Old May 17, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
I find mine really useful. I just emailed him the other day and he responded in less than an hour and got my request done. I think the OP unfortunately asked for several exceptions that the concierge just couldn't make happen.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Asking your concierge to get a Japanese hotel to bend its rules is pretty much a guaranteed fail.
tigerwong, ZBigFam and adunker like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:42 am

I find the Twitter concierge to be very useful.... might try them. Fast and efficient.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
I find the Twitter concierge to be very useful.... might try them. Fast and efficient.
Agreed. The Twitter concierge is incredibly helpful. It has gotten all of my requests done or noted on reservation within mins to hours.

Part of this may be perception. Since Twitter is available for free to everyone, I have minimal expectations, and I don't ask for anything that I can't do over the phone. It has always delivered and saved me the hassle of calling.

But when the Concierge is offered as an "exclusive" benefit, I can see how it can easily fail to meet the hype.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I have had the opposite experience with my Hyatt concierge. From the very get-go Michelle has been extremely helpful and pretty much has fulfilled all of my requests in a timely manner.
I always try to not ask someone a question where they must say no to me. I am well aware of Hyatt rules and if I live within them my concierge is very helpful
59Impala likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by martinplas
I have had the opposite experience with my Hyatt concierge. From the very get-go Michelle has been extremely helpful and pretty much has fulfilled all of my requests in a timely manner.
I always try to not ask someone a question where they must say no to me. I am well aware of Hyatt rules and if I live within them my concierge is very helpful
I still don't really understand what you can ask of the Hyatt concierge that you can't ask of the Twitter concierge, esp if you don't ask for anything out of the hyatt rules
Old May 17, 2018, 11:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
I have had concierge apply TSU when base suites were not available (confirmed into a exec) also handy when making multiple reservations to firm up benefits for all rooms. Also she seems to proactively monitor and rebook to lower rates.

Maybe request a new one?
Old May 17, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
A concierge is not someone that bypasses all of the processes and rules for you. A concierge is more personalized customer service
Old May 17, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by footastic
I have had concierge apply TSU when base suites were not available (confirmed into a exec) also handy when making multiple reservations to firm up benefits for all rooms. Also she seems to proactively monitor and rebook to lower rates.

Maybe request a new one?
probably nothing in terms of what you can ask. My personal connection to my concierge grants me communication by email, text , and phone with someone I’m familiar with. She also quickly resolves missing points or night credits. When I take my family on vacation she is greatfully on point for connecting rooms to our suite and guest of honor details. On my anniversary she had a surprise waiting for us at check in , and went out if her way to see our accommodation was top notch. Not sure twitter team can match that
Old May 17, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by martinplas
I'm assigned Michelle too - she's good and knows her stuff. When there's an issue she does pick up the phone and calls the property to resolve. It's not over the top like SPG Ambassador used to be - haven't received any gifts, special cards, or welcome amenities, but she's been great at making sure my reservations are taken care of.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
My wife's concierge is useless to. Like it's literally so bad that she's had over 80 nights (paid) last year and she wants to dump Hyatt. I have Platinum Premier (Marriott / SPG) and Hilton Diamond so not loving the redundancy and would love to keep the flexibility of her being globalist, but she is MISERABLE. If this Michelle is actually decent is there any way to fire her current concierge and get Michelle or someone at least halfway decent. It's sad when a "benefit" is literally so awful that it's making a relatively HIGH stay elite want to abandon ship (the other big issue is she can't use her suite upgrades like pretty much at all and naturally CAN'T use them for two stays in Nov cause they expire in like Aug. Of course she should reup to Globalist in a month or so and thus might be able to use them... but probably not).
Old May 17, 2018, 6:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
My wife's concierge is useless to. Like it's literally so bad that she's had over 80 nights (paid) last year and she wants to dump Hyatt. I have Platinum Premier (Marriott / SPG) and Hilton Diamond so not loving the redundancy and would love to keep the flexibility of her being globalist, but she is MISERABLE. If this Michelle is actually decent is there any way to fire her current concierge and get Michelle or someone at least halfway decent. It's sad when a "benefit" is literally so awful that it's making a relatively HIGH stay elite want to abandon ship (the other big issue is she can't use her suite upgrades like pretty much at all and naturally CAN'T use them for two stays in Nov cause they expire in like Aug. Of course she should reup to Globalist in a month or so and thus might be able to use them... but probably not).
You are saying that because of the lack of a good concierge service, you wife wan't to drop the program???

The concierge is probably the least beneficial part of being a globalist. The lounge access/free breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children per room and the suite upgrade certificates are probably the biggest benefits, and if those were not being honored, then maybe I would be swayed to abandon ship as you say.

I think the concierge really doesn't do too much - but they can be a simple way to make an email request such as apply a suite upgrade certificate via email. If its available, they make it, if its not they don't - and you don't have to waste 10 minutes on the phone and can do it 24/7.
Football Fan and JackE like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:06 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
The My Hyatt Concierge and the Twitter Team are both the same group of agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.