Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Since I never had a private line agent, and now have a concierge, exactly what would I use them for?

I generally make my own reservations online and if I want to use a TSU, call it in. If I have a special request or am looking for a confirmed upgrade in advance of arrival, I contact the hotel directly

Would the concierge do these things for me as quickly as I can do them myself?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:49 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Since I never had a private line agent, and now have a concierge, exactly what would I use them for?

I generally make my own reservations online and if I want to use a TSU, call it in. If I have a special request or am looking for a confirmed upgrade in advance of arrival, I contact the hotel directly

currently in Cancun area and really could have used a MHC. We flew from Switzerland and were about 75 minutes in flight already over th Atlantic when we had to return due to an engine failure. Meaning... stay over night in ZRH airport.. my hotel needed to be advised, my airport pick up adjusted to an unknown time... following day was rebooked via LHR, had only time to drop an email to the hotel to change car reservation... then due to winter storms missed connection in YYZ to CUN... so needed to stay another night elsewhere and change pickup again...

. when in YYZ I received a welcome email from MHC... but by then I had arranged everything already and it was very stressful as I had to rush around because of my flight tickets and connections.

in this situation I see true value of a MHC.. but came too late... 6 weeks after qualifying...i would have hoped that the MHC could have worked out something with the Ziva as i arrived two days later and the cancellation policy was 30 days at 50% and 14 days at 100% penalty... I could work out something locally though

Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:45 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e

I have a private line agent but will probably lose her in another month or so. If you can do what you need to do online - book or modify a reservation, for example - or have it done by any agent on the phone - apply a TSU - that will almost always be faster than contacting your PLA/MHC. My PLA generally responded to a routine email request in a day or two, and eventually, that delay led me to just do things myself. There was a belief here on FT that PLAs received some additional comp for making reservations and the like, and I tried to support that, but ... I haven't heard anything about MHCs and if they are compensated similarly.

The one time I found my PLA useful was when I had to shift a trip with multiple hotel stays using different rates - corporate, P+C and pure points - and suite upgrades by a week. This was several months before the trip and I had confirmed everything was still available. I was concerned that if I started moving things individually, something might become unavailable and I'd have a real mess with some reservations moved and unable to move others. I hoped my PLA would be able keep everything "in sync" and she was able to do so.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:52 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala

currently in Cancun area and really could have used a MHC. We flew from Switzerland and were about 75 minutes in flight already over th Atlantic when we had to return due to an engine failure. Meaning... stay over night in ZRH airport.. my hotel needed to be advised, my airport pick up adjusted to an unknown time... following day was rebooked via LHR, had only time to drop an email to the hotel to change car reservation... then due to winter storms missed connection in YYZ to CUN... so needed to stay another night elsewhere and change pickup again...

. when in YYZ I received a welcome email from MHC... but by then I had arranged everything already and it was very stressful as I had to rush around because of my flight tickets and connections.

in this situation I see true value of a MHC.. but came too late... 6 weeks after qualifying...i would have hoped that the MHC could have worked out something with the Ziva as i arrived two days later and the cancellation policy was 30 days at 50% and 14 days at 100% penalty... I could work out something locally though

My PLA (who would be my MHC if I had stayed 60 nights last year) is only available via email, with a typical 2 day turnaround, and I would not count on her to handle something like what you experienced in real time. I would do it myself, as it sounds like you did, and not even think of reaching out to her.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:25 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by skj
My PLA generally responded to a routine email request in a day or two, and eventually, that delay led me to just do things myself.
My Hyatt Concierge has two email addresses. One (which I hardly ever use) goes to just that agent. The other email address is "shared". My Concierge answers it if she's in. Other agents answer it if she's out.

I find the service extremely handy, and MUCH faster than doing it myself, especially for itinerary changes which involve multiple stays.

Example: "Regarding my Houston stay from January 28 thru February 8. I need to be in NYC on February 2 and 3. Please book me into Hyatt Centric NYC on Feb 2 & 3, using my corporate rate (or a cheaper rate if you can find it). Please adjust the Houston stay so that it has all the nights previously booked, except NOT the nights when I'm in NYC. I need a late checkout in NYC. As always, thanks so much."

Or "Regarding my Denver stay from May 21 thru 25, I need to check out earlier than planned. Please change that stay to check out on May 24, and please book me into Tucson with check-in on May 24 for 4 nights."

I'm gonna go ahead and claim that the service from the Concierge group is "superb".
PortlySpartacus likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I'm gonna go ahead and claim that the service from the Concierge group is "superb".
I agree. My MHC always responds to my e-mails within 5 minutes during normal business hours. And urgent matters have been taken care of by another agent during odd hours and weekends. It's a great service.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know we've had a weekend in there, but I have an email request for a TSU to be applied that I sent over on 1/18/18 at about 10 AM.

Haven't heard a peep.

My concierge had two full weekdays and two weekend days.

Nada.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:19 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by josephstern
I know we've had a weekend in there, but I have an email request for a TSU to be applied that I sent over on 1/18/18 at about 10 AM.

Haven't heard a peep.

My concierge had two full weekdays and two weekend days.

Nada.
I wonder if you they gave you an email address specifically for your concierge, and another "shared mailbox"? I always use the shared mailbox. If My Concierge is in, she'll handle it immediately. Otherwise, someone else will handle it immediately. When I first signed up, they gave me only the email address for my specific agent. After I mentioned how long a request took, they gave me the shared mailbox addy.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I wonder if you they gave you an email address specifically for your concierge, and another "shared mailbox"? I always use the shared mailbox. If My Concierge is in, she'll handle it immediately. Otherwise, someone else will handle it immediately. When I first signed up, they gave me only the email address for my specific agent. After I mentioned how long a request took, they gave me the shared mailbox addy.
It's not a shared email address - it's the direct one. While I appreciate your help, why should I have to be the one to hunt these people down? Isn't the point that I get quicker, easier access as an elite?

But I'm kinda having fun riding this one out, as proof of how pathetic Hyatt is.

Tomorrow is a full week. We'll see if my concierge can remain silent until then.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
It's not a shared email address - it's the direct one. While I appreciate your help, why should I have to be the one to hunt these people down? Isn't the point that I get quicker, easier access as an elite?
Exactly how I felt after I qualified, and it took several months of constantly hounding them, until they eventually divulged the super-top-double-secret way to access the benefit which I had EARNED several months earlier.

I'm still gonna go ahead and claim that MHC is the single greatest benefit of top-tier Hyatt.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, BA Gold, UA Gold MM, DL SM MM, Hyatt Glob, HH Diam, Marriott Ti/LT Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
So... has anyone asked for it and gotten a Concierge assigned as a result?
I reached 60 nights on November 22. Did not hear anything about the concierge benefit for a couple of weeks, so I asked about it the next time I called the Globalist line. The Globalist representative told me the concierge benefit would not start until calendar year 2018. This was inconsistent with the way the benefit had been advertised, so I sent a private message to the FT user called World of Hyatt Concierge. They (a correct use of this pronoun, because I received messages from the World of Hyatt Concierge account signed by two different people) contacted my assigned concierge, who sent me an email within a couple of days. The personal concierge was almost immediately quite helpful, mainly in securing a couple of hard-to-get award nights. Both were adjacent to other nights I had already reserved at the respective hotels, and in each case she called the hotel and got them to allow the extra night to be booked although it was not available online.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
My concierge has been taking 7+ days to answer my e-mails, and sometimes I have to go back to her and ask a second time. So if some of you are getting replies in 2 days, then I would gladly take it, let alone those who get answers even quicker during work hours. It's only been 2 months but I am ready to move on from my concierge. Is there a process to get someone new assigned to me?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by escape4
My concierge has been taking 7+ days to answer my e-mails, and sometimes I have to go back to her and ask a second time. So if some of you are getting replies in 2 days, then I would gladly take it, let alone those who get answers even quicker during work hours. It's only been 2 months but I am ready to move on from my concierge. Is there a process to get someone new assigned to me?
My Concierge is based in Europe, over 10 years of experience and excellent, replies within 4-5 hours, sometimes even less. On one occasion even over the weekend, when I did not expect it. I'm lucky and thankful ^
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:35 am

Am guessing MHC is based somewhere in the Midwest. She has over 10 years of experience with Hyatt and has been very responsive (other than the first out of office) mishap. She gets back to me within one day of a query.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by escape4
1. Ask for a Shared Email Address. Then your emails go to your concierge (if she's in the office) or to the overall group (if she's out).
2. Ask to be re-assigned. There's no need for a lengthy explanation. Just a simple "I'd please like to experiment by being re-assigned to a different My Hyatt Concierge agent, please."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.