Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by antonius66
Man, this guy is as bad, if not worse than the "I spent $2000 at Hyatt last year, so I'm the most valuable and loyal member ever" crowd. No one in their right mind can argue there are not very real and negative changes in this revamp. Hyatt didn't exactly poop out rainbows and rose petals with these changes. As I have posted several times already...there are some potentially very positive changes and some very real negative ones. There are also some very over entitled customers who aren't worth what they think they are who are getting cast aside and some very valuable customers who are being unfairly and unintelligently cast aside by the new overly restrictive criteria.

The brand new shill with his rude and virulently frothy mouthed defense of all things WoH is absurd. The idea that "everything" was tested, including the names was the most laughable part in a sequence of absurdly nonsensical garbage.
It's almost as if the criticisms are being taken personally.

"You can't complain, the names have been tested. waaaaahh. Tested I tells ya! waaaaaaah"
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by dsquared37
the names have been tested
But you can rest assured that no animals were harmed

The rats they used are all doing just fine
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee

I love how Marriott/SPG will pick up hundreds of millions in revenue from former Hyatt Diamonds.

As a data point, I'm moving about half my 30 nights to Marriott/SPG and, to a lesser extent, Hilton. It's worked out that most of those nights were to be at Hyatt Place. Now that I don't have to worry about requalifying for Diamond, I don't have to give up a nice Starwood to stay in a Hyatt House.

As much as Diamonds have been shortchanged, I think HP and HH owners will be harmed that most.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:48 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BoraYa
They also want to be recognized as High Value Customers of the best and largest luxury hotel chain in the world.
Can you count? There are 39 Park Hyatts in the World. One in Africa. Two in South America. Three in the Arab world. If you call that the 'largest luxury hotel chain the world' you may want to redo your maths.

St Regis has 57 locations, Four Seasons have 107 locations, Luxury Collection have 111.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The OP of that thread probably could claim that their post starting that thread is "positive and uplifting information about the new program".
The OP of that thread and the OP of this thread both use apostrophes where one should not use them. Coincidence?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:02 am

Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by davidajeff
For a little devil's advocacy and reality: "Why The New “World of Hyatt” Elite Program Is A Major Enhancement"

https://www.travelcodex.com/2016/11/...r-enhancement/
OK, so his first claim is:

At this point no other hotel chain allows people to qualify for top-tier status based on only 25 stays per year
But SPG does indeed that. And Hilton is just behind at 30 stays.

-Fail.

Second claim:

But SPG isn’t a transfer partner of anyone other than itself.
As Kyle's mom would say on South Park: What what WHAT???

SPG points can transfer into most airline programs.

Sorry, I stopped reading at that point.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
SPG points can transfer into most airline programs.
Not to mention Marriott.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:13 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmglobal
Is anyone else thinking BoraYa is the executive at Hyatt corporate who came up with this new program?
More likely an external agency working on part of the rebrand trying to ensure all of the social media reporting isn't 100% negative in their reporting.

Last edited by m0hamed; Nov 6, 2016 at 4:18 am
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Football Fan
The OP of that thread and the OP of this thread both use apostrophes where one should not use them. Coincidence?
If Jeff Zidell is under such pressure that it shows up like that with basic errors, then these are indeed very exciting times in the world of Hyatt.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Miesque
Well I guess we now know who was the "genius" behind this new program.
This made me laugh out loud.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Just a troll. We should stop feeding him so he can crawl back under the bridge.
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Definitely he/she is.

Though he/she has never answered to this question.
Haha. Pretty much nailed it. Must have taken the night to explore the ideas of an identity or a name change to "HyattTroll".
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Bora.....46 posts per day. Don't think I've seen anything quite like it. And getting more crude with each post. He, she, it, will soon disappear.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by hedoman
Bora.....46 posts per day. Don't think I've seen anything quite like it. And getting more crude with each post. He, she, it, will soon disappear.
His trolling is on the level of DCS. They should duke it out.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Andaz5
Remember the days when you received the annual gift... now that was hospitality, that was the Hyatt Touch.
Oh the pining for days gone by......if you read enough of these FT threads across different loyalty programs there is always this type of comparison to the past program. Nothing stays the same and I fully expect these programs to change over time. To compare a program today to what existed yesterday and then claim the company is going downhill is just absurd.

Change is constant, set your expectations that the program today will change again in the future and you can't do anything about it other than gripe or vote with your wallet.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
And how about Ritz-Carlton especially in Asia? Ritz-Carlton, Marriott and SPG lifetime status. That's my concentration for 2017. Hyatt was my primary program but it is now two with Hilton remaining in third place in the new order of things.

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Can you count? There are 39 Park Hyatts in the World. One in Africa. Two in South America. Three in the Arab world. If you call that the 'largest luxury hotel chain the world' you may want to redo your maths.

St Regis has 57 locations, Four Seasons have 107 locations, Luxury Collection have 111.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.