Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's talk toiletries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Fellow Barber stuff at Andaz 5th. Haven't seen those before.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by ACR2013
What do they have at PH Paris nowadays? After Blaise Mautin was replaced by some house-branded cheap-looking toiletries, did they improve them?
Le Labo
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Recently stayed at Alila Napa Valley. They had (MALIN+GOETZ) instead of Votary.

itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've never seen it in tubes before, just bottles.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler
Recently stayed at Alila Napa Valley. They had (MALIN+GOETZ) instead of Votary.

California is about to put into effect an already legislature approved ban hotels from offering single use plastic hotel toiletries. Despite that those plastic toiletries were recyclable containers and also refillable (if emptied, rinsed, etc.).

These foil containers will not be impacted by that ban, and will be able to continue to be offered after the ban is in place next year. These foil containers are truly single use, cannot be recycled, cannot be refilled, and will just be thrown out, no option. Oh well. At least it is a solution.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've never seen it in tubes before, just bottles.
Le Meridiens have M+G in plastic tubes.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Ambassador Chicago

Just stayed at Ambassador Chicago (JdV) and the bath products were Jonathan Adler Champagne. I saw these when I stayed at Andaz WeHo’s suite. Not sure how fancy these were…

Is it JdV’s standard bath stuff? This was my first time staying at a JdV hotel…

Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:31 pm

PH Jakarta uses Hermes:
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Just stayed at Ambassador Chicago (JdV) and the bath products were Jonathan Adler Champagne. I saw these when I stayed at Andaz WeHo’s suite. Not sure how fancy these were…

Is it JdV’s standard bath stuff? This was my first time staying at a JdV hotel…
Possibly. I vaguely remember seeing J Adler at Hotel Kabuki (JdV) in SF, although I think it was the orange (Citrus?) ones.

Pretty sure I’ve seen the Champagne ones above also at The Confidante in Miami Beach.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by econ
Possibly. I vaguely remember seeing J Adler at Hotel Kabuki (JdV) in SF, although I think it was the orange (Citrus?) ones.

Pretty sure I’ve seen the Champagne ones above also at The Confidante in Miami Beach.
I was checking pix on TripAdvisor and seemed like they used to offer the orange and yellow versions of Jonathan Adler. I thought it was very expensive brand since it was in Andaz’s suite but not as fancy as Le Labo or Aesop?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was checking pix on TripAdvisor and seemed like they used to offer the orange and yellow versions of Jonathan Adler. I thought it was very expensive brand since it was in Andaz’s suite but not as fancy as Le Labo or Aesop?
Jonathan Adler is pretty "low end". I'd put it well below D.S & Durga and in a completely different league vs. Le Labo or Aesop. The orange and yellow version was pretty common at JdV properties pre-COVID - and it really wasn't very good. It had a very overpowering and outdated scent.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Jonathan Adler is pretty "low end". I'd put it well below D.S & Durga and in a completely different league vs. Le Labo or Aesop. The orange and yellow version was pretty common at JdV properties pre-COVID - and it really wasn't very good. It had a very overpowering and outdated scent.
Good to know. Thx 😊
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Does anybody else remember the Hyatt branded toiletries of the seventies and early eighties? I loved the way the shampoo smelled.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I know 50 Bowery (another JdV) had these post-COVID.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Does anybody else remember the Hyatt branded toiletries of the seventies and early eighties? I loved the way the shampoo smelled.
I remember the distinctive oval/egg shaped salmon colored soap. I think the liquids were in opaque white little bottles with round burgundy colored screw tops. IIRC HRs gave out disposable shower caps wrapped in printed paper. This would be the era when HR doormen wore top hats with a tan-colored uniform; they were trained to be extremely courteous, unlike staff at other hotels IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.