Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Goldpassport.com (as well as new WorldOfHyatt) New Issues and Website Problems Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goldpassport.com (as well as new WorldOfHyatt) New Issues and Website Problems Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Concur. That's what the World Wide Wait has become: pretty colors, motion, and a dearth of information.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Been using new website since it first launched. I have to say it sucks. I have lots of bookings made in advance and I have to keep on clicking VIEW MORE TRANSACTIONS multiple times to see them all.
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Agreed, absolute garbage
I've given this some extra thought. IMO, little or no thought were given to usability.

I travel to client for work and when I find a hotel I like, I book 4 to 5 months out which translates to 20 reservations.

Previously when I go to my list of reservation, I can cancel/modify with the following number of steps:
1. CTRL+F to find reservation by number.
2. Hit Cancel/Modify (let's assume cancel to better illustrate my point).
3. Go back to list of reservation
4. CTRL+F to confirm it is no longer there.

To do the same thing in the new site, I have to do the following:
1. If reservation is not within the first 10 reservation, hit View More Transactions
2. Scroll to find the booking as CTRL+F to find no longer works. – WASTE OF TIME as I can no longer CTRL+F to find by reservation number.
3. Click + sign to open the reservation to see the reservation number to confirm I'm looking at the correct booking.
4. Hit Cancel.
5. Site brings me back main page. If reservation is not within the first 10, hit View More Transaction
6. Scroll down to the date to ensure my reservation is no longer there. –

Two extra steps. Now if my reservation is outside the first 20, then I’ll need to click View More Transaction twice (one to find and one after cancellation to confirm it is no longer there.

Whoever is responsible for usability on hyatt.com needs to look at Marriott/Starwood/Hilton. Their sites allow CTRL+F to quickly find reservation by confirmation number. Removing this functionality was a dumb move.

This coupled with the occasional outages during peak times on weekday nights and the gift card fiasco only gives me the impression that Hyatt IT is staffed by 2nd tier amateurs.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by seawolf
Hyatt IT is staffed by 2nd tier amateurs.[/B]
I think you're ranking them a bit higher than they deserve.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Jul 21, 2016 at 1:38 am
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:01 am

I really HATE the new Hyatt website. So much fluff on the redesigned home page where lots of boxes and useless images take up precious real estate, but gives so little data visibility.

What I can't stand the most is when the home page shows you the most recent activity, but to see more details you have to click on Account Details, and it defaults you to Reservations instead, and you have to filter AGAIN to view Recent Activities.

Also why is the link even called "Account Details" - shouldn't "View More" be more intuitive? Account Details more reasonably would mean displaying your account profile information.

Such ghastly IT approach for what is a global and reputable brand. Whoever did the new site really don't seem to have basic understanding of UI/UX.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:48 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I really HATE the new Hyatt website. So much fluff on the redesigned home page where lots of boxes and useless images take up precious real estate, but gives so little data visibility.

What I can't stand the most is when the home page shows you the most recent activity, but to see more details you have to click on Account Details, and it defaults you to Reservations instead, and you have to filter AGAIN to view Recent Activities.

Also why is the link even called "Account Details" - shouldn't "View More" be more intuitive? Account Details more reasonably would mean displaying your account profile information.

Such ghastly IT approach for what is a global and reputable brand. Whoever did the new site really don't seem to have basic understanding of UI/UX.
From main page, click “Account Details” under Past Activity. One would expect this will take them to a list of Gold Passport account activity.

Instead it takes them to a list of My Reservations. You now have to click on My Past Activity to get to GP account activity.

You are right. The flow is just ridiculous.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Exactly. I visit a web page for information, not pretty pictures.

The assumption that everyone has truly high speed data transfer and unlimited data is also offensive. Here in fly-over land, I'm lucky to see 220 kbps peak transfer rates or 140 kbps sustained. That's my problem, but it seems like a company that wants my money would make it less painful for me to get the information I need to decide to part with my money.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:55 pm

Looks like they have made some updates. I can now see my DSU/SUA or whatever you want to call them. Although it looks like its only showing stays that I have actually upgraded and not the ones that are booked in the future with an upgraded as used.

It is still NOT showing my award nights.

Last edited by beastieb; Jul 22, 2016 at 11:50 am
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
Exactly. I visit a web page for information, not pretty pictures.

The assumption that everyone has truly high speed data transfer and unlimited data is also offensive. Here in fly-over land, I'm lucky to see 220 kbps peak transfer rates or 140 kbps sustained. That's my problem, but it seems like a company that wants my money would make it less painful for me to get the information I need to decide to part with my money.
Indeed. To make it worse... the pictures all load first, followed by a snippet of the pertinent information which sometimes take a good 10-15 seconds later to load completely. For the uninitiated on the website, one might think (before everything takes the time to fully load) that's all the information there is! Utterly stupid.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
.... neither the app nor the website are working. Bravo!

Edit: by working I mean: being able to log into your account... view anything... you know... basics.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by austin_modern
.... neither the app nor the website are working. Bravo!

Edit: by working I mean: being able to log into your account... view anything... you know... basics.
I was just able to login
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by TMM1982
I was just able to login
my account can not.

Internet: An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process your request. Please try again later. For assistance, please contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 1-800-30-HYATT or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center.

phone:

GoldPassport: Whines about my password not being correct. (clearly their default "something screwed the pooch" message).

Last edited by austin_modern; Jul 22, 2016 at 2:04 pm
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
i cannot log in either
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:31 am

Isn't this "inability to login" fully expected as part of their regular weekend IT bug patch festivity?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Is anyone else's dates on the website off by one day? All of my stays show that I checked in and out one day early. Likewise, all my awards now day they expire one day early.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
For the folks who thinks 2 extra steps is goin to kill the day, have anyone compared Hyatt.com with Marriott.com, spg.com, or any other hotel sites. From my experience, I found the spg site to be getting worst with each iteration. I don't use Marriott often and have no interest in staying at any Hiltons period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.