Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Goldpassport.com (as well as new WorldOfHyatt) New Issues and Website Problems Thread

Goldpassport.com (as well as new WorldOfHyatt) New Issues and Website Problems Thread

Old Jan 6, 17, 2:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Website was up for a while but now getting

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.hyatt.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.563aca41.1483735089.a35c6b3
Same for GP website.

Their IT run by 3rd rate amateurs.
Old Jan 6, 17, 6:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold,AA EXP, Caesars Diamond, mLife Gold
I am unable to locate the two free night certificates that come with the Chase credit card. It seems that the "My Rewards" section of the website no longer exists when I log in. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? BTW the certificates haven't expired as I've only had the card for five months.
Old Jan 6, 17, 6:41 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by nottooshabby View Post
I am unable to locate the two free night certificates that come with the Chase credit card. It seems that the "My Rewards" section of the website no longer exists when I log in. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? BTW the certificates haven't expired as I've only had the card for five months.
Experiencing the same thing here ... in addition to losing the lifetime points calculator many months ago!!!
Old Jan 6, 17, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nottooshabby View Post
All my details are wiped out except for my point balance, including past activity, future stays, and DSUs (I have either 2 or 3 left).

Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Their IT run by 3rd rate amateurs.
Old Jan 7, 17, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
The WoH part of the website is down again.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 7, 17, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Once logged in, making a reservations, it requires you to put your name, address, etc. even though I am logged in and the website has my data. Worst - when I try to input my name , it would not let me put data in the field but will not complete the reservations without this data. Too bad, may be I can book at Marriott of Hilton - their websites do work!
Old Jan 7, 17, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Account Detail bring up BLANK under Account Activity

So I want to print upcoming reservations...

From the home page, there is no way one could click open the first reservation, and there is no where one can bring up ALL reservations.

The Account Detail button brings up the usual screen one can also get to from My Account. Yet, it is a complete BLANK under the heading of Activity.

I finally found a work around - that is, use the Modify button on the reservation shown on the home page, even though you do not want to modify or it is an award stay that cannot be modify online - does not matter as this is the workaround to bring up the reservation. Then on that screen, you can use the top left "address" to navigate back to My Reservation - now you can see the My Reservation, Past Activity, Rewards as they should be, under the Account Details.

Why the Hyatt site be SO Difficult to navigate? It is the WORST hotel chain website among all the major chains. HH used to be bad but it has really made some improvements but Hyatt's just gets worse and worse.
Old Jan 8, 17, 5:11 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Happy View Post

From the home page, there is no way one could click open the first reservation, and there is no where one can bring up ALL reservations.

The Account Detail button brings up the usual screen one can also get to from My Account. Yet, it is a complete BLANK under the heading of Activity.

I finally found a work around - that is, use the Modify button on the reservation shown on the home page, even though you do not want to modify or it is an award stay that cannot be modify online - does not matter as this is the workaround to bring up the reservation. Then on that screen, you can use the top left "address" to navigate back to My Reservation - now you can see the My Reservation, Past Activity, Rewards as they should be, under the Account Details.

Why the Hyatt site be SO Difficult to navigate? It is the WORST hotel chain website among all the major chains. HH used to be bad but it has really made some improvements but Hyatt's just gets worse and worse.
See my post # 242 on how to view the reservations:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27698895-post242.html
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:14 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Is getting a bit ridiculous when we cannot see "Account Activity" for several days. Not sure what is going on but I bet is related to WOH. Can't wait for the WOH in March
Old Jan 8, 17, 9:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
Is getting a bit ridiculous when we cannot see "Account Activity" for several days. Not sure what is going on but I bet is related to WOH. Can't wait for the WOH in March
My Account Activity works if you perform the following workaround.

The upper left corner of goldpassport.com home page (not hyatt.com), should have 3 bars and upon clicking on it will give you the MY RESERVATIONS option.

The My Reservations page should have a My Past Activity tab. Clicking on that worked for me.
Old Jan 8, 17, 10:25 pm

TO Gold Passport Concierge:
You need to stop being so deliberately deceptive when displaying the Chase Hyatt Free Night Award (on it's own offer tab, and even worse - the subsequent steps leading to final payment page) from being shown as arbitrarily available across category 5+ properties.

Yes, I know it's only for Cat 1-4 properties. However, don't you find it strange that you've updated your system more than once the past years and those promotional awards still show customers this option from the beginning steps to final payment page? I certainly do, and question this dubious tactic. With that said, I SHOULD NOT have to doubt as to what your system is showing me and have to manually and individually search each hotel category myself to double check and later find out that I actually CAN'T use it as you indicate on your booking pages. This is especially and extremely irritating when you are using a cell phone and more so when traveling out of the country, on the train trying to make such booking with a mobile.

Example 1: 1 year ago, Tokyo. I live here with family. I had been looking at your Hakone property for a few weeks prior to utilize my free night, relying on all the information you displayed about the promo being available for that property. After some time I decided to check other hotels and would book the room on the way to the property while on the train from Tokyo. No problem, right? It's still showing I can use my Chase free night award that morning. It was a last minute plan that we weren't sure if we going to stay in that city or not, as we had other local options. Upon attempting to finally reserve the property (which I had done multiple times to check availability without submitting the booking the weeks leading up that day), and while on a packed train with our luggage, I continuously got the language as I still do now 1 year later:
Due to the policies associated with this reservation, it cannot be viewed or modified on-line. To speak with a Hyatt Representative from within the US and Canada, please call 1-800-323-7249.....
This language is ambiguous. No confirmation number, just something that sounds like your reservation could have gone through, so of course a long and lengthy call, in the middle of one the most busiest train stations in the world, kid screaming, wife getting tired and trying to avoid people briskly walking around you with luggage in-hand, and of course using 45+ minutes worth of overseas calling (about USD $55) to finally be told that it was a system design that doesn't block those promotions out. After nearly an hour I was offered 10k points for the frustration. I could care less about that considering the time I spent on relying on layers of click-throughs that your system was indicating to me 'You can book this property with Chase Hyatt Free Award' - until you actually submit the booking. And, yes, I do know that I should not rely on what multiple pages from Hyatt visually display and show in writing, but instead check each hotel category level before trusting such..... No - I shouldn't have to do that every time I book from your website! I should be able to rely on your website filtering out the Cat 5+ properties from the Chase Free Anniversary Night offer - especially so when you've updated your systems recently. Did you {deliberately} overlook this?

Example 2: Example 1 has been forgotten about since. I have more hotel loyalty programs to easily forget about the first Hyatt incident. Booked the Chase promo for Danang, Vietnam in Oct. Cancelled one month later when I realized it also showed me Hawaii is usable on this promo too. So I paid the $315 for the night in Danang instead of using my Chase promo, hoping to use the promo in Hawaii instead (mind you, forgetting about the incident I had before). That trip is now done and paid for. Now, upon trying to book Kauai, it's still the exact same issue one year later - post systems revamp and just more wasted time trusting the Hyatt Gold Passport site will show me accurate info and that your property will also allow the Chase promo until you press the submit button - same error code. Do I need to keep calling each time to complain to Hyatt and get 10k Hyatt GP points each time I forget about this problem on your end? I certainly hope not, not worth the time spent. I'd rather you properly code out the Chase promo to NOT show 5+ properties anymore across the board. Less inconvenience, less time and effort wasted and I would be more likely to have more paid stays on your properties. When will you fix this?

Side note: I nearly transferred out 75k Chase UR points to Hyatt last night for this Hawaii reservation. Good thing I attempted, but failed to book the reward room before doing so and found out it is the same issue over and over again with this misleading tactic.

Last edited by scwam; Jan 9, 17 at 1:13 am Reason: add side note
Old Jan 9, 17, 1:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Quick question: how do you print upcoming reservations? When I'm on the account overview page and with the upcoming reservations tab selected, then hit print... it prints the past account history....
so how do you easily print the upcoming reservations with it's details?
thanks.
Old Jan 9, 17, 8:32 am

History & reservations not displaying in hyatt.com

Anyone else unable to view history and future reservations on hyatt.com both yesterday and today?
Old Jan 9, 17, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
My Account Activity works if you perform the following workaround.

The upper left corner of goldpassport.com home page (not hyatt.com), should have 3 bars and upon clicking on it will give you the MY RESERVATIONS option.

The My Reservations page should have a My Past Activity tab. Clicking on that worked for me.
Thank you for the workaround. ^

HYATT IT: How ridiculous that I have to find a workaround on FT to view my account activity...what a joke
Old Jan 9, 17, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Perhaps the chimpanzees running Hyatt's IT department will randomly plug that cord back in soon.

Search this Thread