Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt insiders : what is it?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 6:26 pm

Well i just got denied....wow...it's one of those things that I wouldn't have cared about if I hadn't even been asked. Now after being denied I feel like they don't appreciate my business.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:15 pm

Got the same email today denying me.
Old May 21, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Same here - it wasn't meant to be:

Hi GOLIATH,
Thank you for your interest in the Hyatt Insiders. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to fill out our survey. Unfortunately, we have reached our capacity and cannot extend an invitation at this time.
We always appreciate your thoughts and opinions, and please feel free to reply directly to this email if you have any suggestions regarding how we might improve your overall Hyatt experience.

Safe travels,
Xxxxxx
Hyatt Insiders Moderator
Old May 21, 2016, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
It's the way hyatt does business... i think the head of marketing lives on another planet. They invite people to this useless stuff and introduce it like a "gift" and finally they deny people. Crazy, it's like inviting your best clients to a party and when at the door you deny entrance for a crapy reason... you know another business doing this? Me no... only cheesy and crapy team can get this kind of silly idea.

Sometimes i really wonder how the guy in charge of Marketing is still in the house, so many crazy bad ideas, nothing creative, nothing clever... etc etc.

I understand you, it's insulting but not a surprise regarding the global level of their marketing team.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:06 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
To be fair: They need a range of people from those who barely stay at Hyatt to those who do hundreds of nights.

My partner who only really travels for leisure with me if part of the QF Advisory Committee which is compensated with points in return for his input on questions and issues discussed on a microsite. He knows it irks me that he got invited and accepted and I didn't so always announces dramatically when he is participating!
Old May 21, 2016, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I filled the form out a few days ago and haven't heard back.
Old May 21, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goliath
Same here - it wasn't meant to be:
Got the exact same email.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:23 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Just received the info, that Hyatt Insiders is discontinued on 2/28/2018,
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:33 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peter42
Just received the info, that Hyatt Insiders is discontinued on 2/28/2018,
Probably replaced by You're invited, XXXX - Inspire Hyatt, Opportunity to Receive Points
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Got the same one as well, with a Thank You of a choice between 10,000 points or 1 Free Night at a Category 1-4 Property.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:11 pm

Has anyone received their 'gift' from Hyatt Insiders yet? I called Hyatt yesterday regarding my 'Free Night" and explained about HI. The Hyatt rep had no idea what I was talking about, and had never heard of Hyatt Insiders or the Thank You Gift. With Insiders closed, not sure where to check??
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, AA Platinum, National/Enterprise Executive
Originally Posted by mauld
Has anyone received their 'gift' from Hyatt Insiders yet? I called Hyatt yesterday regarding my 'Free Night" and explained about HI. The Hyatt rep had no idea what I was talking about, and had never heard of Hyatt Insiders or the Thank You Gift. With Insiders closed, not sure where to check??
I was wondering the same thing my self today. I have not received my bonus yet either. Hmmm.....
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ziggy2
I was wondering the same thing my self today. I have not received my bonus yet either. Hmmm.....
I read somewhere on the Insiders sight that it would take 4-6 weeks to post to your account. When I first joined the Insiders several years ago I thought it was a great thing. I liked the idea of being part of a smallish group to provide Hyatt with our opinions and insights. Not sure how they filtered new candidates but over the past year, Hyatt stopped participating in it frequently and there were too many newbies coming in and simply complaining constantly, similar to FT. It wasn't meant to be a FT type of post but a place where Hyatt could ask forward thinking ideas and questions and get feedback from their Insiders group. I think years ago it was an asset to Hyatt but more recently it was the whiners club so they shut it down. I liked being a part of it and am disappointed that its now gone but I thought Hyatt was very generous to provide 10K points or a free night cert as a parting gift, that was classy. My parting comments were that if I want people complaining and nit picking all the time I can go to FT for that and for Hyatt to get real value from true insiders they need to be more selective and set clear objectives and guidelines for what they want from the group and a code of conduct.
MarkOK and ziggy2 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:12 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mauld
The terms and conditions said this would be deposited on March 15th, give it a few more weeks.

I also confirmed this with a follow up email to the hyatt insiders moderators.
ziggy2 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:55 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by ryandc99
The terms and conditions said this would be deposited on March 15th, give it a few more weeks.

I also confirmed this with a follow up email to the hyatt insiders moderators.
Thanks, that's all I needed. I have a tendency to immediately DELETE messages after reading

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.