Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Any stays here post 3/1?

Curious to see how this hotel has reacted to WoH requirements, if at all.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:09 pm

Anyone have any recent experiences for Globalist?

**Update** - No resort fee on qualified rates/award stays. Parking fee is waived only for award stays. On the positive side, there is free breakfast, with a value of up to $100 a day.

Last edited by factory81; Nov 22, 2017 at 7:40 am
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by factory81

**Update** - Called 3x, spoke with someone outside of concierge, she confirmed, the first 2 calls I made, I was given the wrong information. Only on award stays are resort and parking fees waived. On the positive side, there is free breakfast, with a value of up to $100 a day.

I was first told that all globalist have waived resort/parking fees, but no free breakfast.
Shouldn't resort fees be waived for globalists on paid stays as well?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by slm9555
Shouldn't resort fees be waived for globalists on paid stays as well?
Correct - resort fees are always waived for Globalists
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:39 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

**Update** - Called 3x, spoke with someone outside of concierge, she confirmed, the first 2 calls I made, I was given the wrong information. Only on award stays are resort and parking fees waived. On the positive side, there is free breakfast, with a value of up to $100 a day.

I was first told that all globalist have waived resort/parking fees, but no free breakfast.
Globalists always have resort fees waived, and free breakfast (if no lounge) for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

**Update** - Only on award stays are resort and parking fees waived.
And this info is wrong as well. Globalists get resort fees waived on award nights and eligible paid rate, which includes P+C.

This should not vary by hotel, only by each hotel employees misunderstanding
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:21 am

So if I booked on hyatt.com, paid a non-promotional rate, used a DSU to upgrade to miami balcony suite, as a Globalist, I should expect;

- resort fees waived
- valet parking fees waived
- possibly free breakfast?

I was under the impression that the Unbound Collection doesn't have to really do anything for WoH

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
And this info is wrong as well. Globalists get resort fees waived on award nights and eligible paid rate, which includes P+C.

This should not vary by hotel, only by each hotel employees misunderstanding
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
So if I booked on hyatt.com, paid a non-promotional rate, used a DSU to upgrade to miami balcony suite, as a Globalist, I should expect;

- resort fees waived

I was under the impression that the Unbound Collection doesn't have to really do anything for WoH

From my firsthand experience staying at this property, the resort fee is waived on all stays for Globalists, and the breakfast allowance is $100 per day per room on all stays for Globalists.

The valet parking, however, is waived only on Free Night Award stays for globalists, and otherwise costs $44 per night.

It is very difficult to eat $100 worth of food for breakfast here, and it is very good breakfast food.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

- resort fees waived

The benefits for Globs are consistent across all Hyatt properties where noted in their terms and conditions. There are some selected properties that won't accept DSU's, as noted on the Hyatt webpage, but for everything else its lack of understanding from hotel employees across all properties that makes this inconsistent.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just completed a stay here. The rooms are nice, partial ocean provides a nice ocean view. The pools are also nice as are the plentiful lounge chairs. Breakfast was good and was included in the AAA rate special I booked. Weirdly taxes were charged for breakfast - apparently those are not included.

Sadly while the hard product was decent the service levels here are terrible. Most of the front desk staff are very young pretty twenty year old girls who have no understanding of service. At 3pm arrival my room wasn't ready (she said it would be ready at 4pm) and I asked FD girl to hold our bags. She came around and tagged all 4 and then stood next to them. I asked who would be taking these bags and she said the bellman will be right over to collect them and she would wait until they did. Meanwhile we were free to enjoy the property until our room was ready.

We asked if they had any TVs or a bar where we could watch the NFL (it was Sunday). She replied, no - we do not. There is a bar a few blocks away which you can go to. Incredulous I said again, are you sure there are no TVs at this property in the bar? Even the pool bar? She again said no and then another girl behind the counter chimed in and said there are no places to watch NFL games here sir. OK, hey - weird to me but if you don't have a place, you don't.

We were about to walk outside and head to the bar a few blocks away when my friend decided to head to the restroom. On his way he passed the bar, which had a HUGE screen TV showing the Dolphins game. So we sat and watched. I went back to the front desk and said to the girl, there is a TV right here! She looked at me, rolled her eyes and walked away. I asked another girl to see the manager. I explained how ridiculous this was and he barely gave me the time of day. Until I said the magic word... "globalist". Suddenly, he seemed to care about me (even though I am only an explorist). He apologized, said the girls would be retrained and oh, guess what, that room that wasn't ready until 4pm is ready now (only 10 minutes later). So we called the bellman for our bags and guess what... out come 3, not 4. They cannot after an exhaustive search find the 4th bag. They want me to come with them to find it. So I leave the bar and on the way to the bag room see my bag lying on the floor in the lobby, right where the FD girl left it. I was stunned.

It is obvious the GM cares about hiring pretty young staff and does not care that they have absolutely no skills or brains whatsoever. Overall, my stay was fine - but if I were the GM I'd fire every single one of these twits. They do not represent the property well at all.

Oh and btw, later that afternoon at the pool guess what we saw? Another TV showing sports. I mean, have these girls ever even walked the property?!?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry

It is obvious the GM cares about hiring pretty young staff
But can't we just appreciate for a second how pretty they are?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by stvr
But can't we just appreciate for a second how pretty they are?
Hey, if you want pretty... South Beach is the place to be. In fact there was a model shoot taking place at the pool on Columbus Day. Was quite interesting to watch.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
In terms of "non-promotional" rates, would/should I be charged the resort fee as a Globalist here staying on an AAA rate?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:28 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by steveholt
In terms of "non-promotional" rates, would/should I be charged the resort fee as a Globalist here staying on an AAA rate?
Globalists are not charged the resort fee, when staying on "eligible rates", i.e. when the rate qualifies for tier/night credit as well. Since AAA rates can be booked via the hyatt website, I'd assume your "non-promotional rate" is an eligible rate.
it has been charged on my folio a couple of times as well (other hotels), but the fees have been removed every time without any issue.

Check out the main thread on this topic:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ee-waived.html
steveholt likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:18 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The Confidante is now a Cat 4 property; I happily used my Brand Explorer free night cert for a stay next February while I still have Globalist status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.