Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by a193991
Stayed at the HC last October, going back again in mid-May. Great hotel and location. Agree, the rooms are a bit small. other than that, anytime again back to the centric, especially since room rates have dropped from 400$+ for the first weeks after opening down to an affordable 180-250$.
The Centric looks OK and has a nice pool on a roof deck, although it's not on the beach. It would be fine if the price is right.

The Royal Palm is almost across the street and on the beach. It's SPG (new Tribute).
Old Apr 7, 2016, 8:38 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
What...Are we talking about the same JW? Im talking about the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. The one with the Beaux Hotel on top of it not the regular ol' JW that's also close by. I have to agree that Hyatt Regency is a place that i never want to catch myself in.
Yes the Marquis, was very disappointed of their service and attitude. Room was nice so.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by peter42
Yes the Marquis, was very disappointed of their service and attitude. Room was nice so.
Weird... Always top class whenever I go there. Well, actually, now that I think about it... I usually have more dealings with room service employees. Never had anything to complain about.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:54 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
that's weird, I read it was fully renovated in 2014. see below link:

http://www.travelweekly.com/Hotels/M...Beach-p8736713
You are correct, ai misread the article, it will be just renamed.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:49 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
The Confidante open under Hyatt Flag

I've been looking for information on this, can't seem to find any. I certainly don't want to stay in Hyatt Centric lol. I also don't want to be forced to give Marriott my money due to the impending destruction of SPG. I'm trying to figured out if i should just sleep in my rental car if The Confidante doesnt open this year...Just kidden, but really, does anyone know?
The deal should close this month, so I can imagine it'll run under the Hyatt flag starting May.?
The Confidante (formerly Thompson Miami Beach) now open under the Hyatt Unbound Collection Flag:

http://theconfidante.unbound.hyatt.c...otel/home.html
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:54 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
The Confidante (formerly Thompson Miami Beach) now open under the Hyatt Unbound Collection Flag:

Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:20 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Looks like the property is open for reservations through Hyatt, but that award availability has not yet been loaded. GP has it as Category 6, however.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
And, now though June 30, stay two nights and get the 3rd night free at the new Unbound Collection properties.

http://hyatt.com/partnerlandingpage/...-by-hyatt.html

-----------------

Welcome to The Unbound Collection by Hyatt - where you’ll find a series of extraordinary experiences around the world.

Exclusively for Hyatt Gold Passport members, get the third night free when you book by June 28, 2016 and stay three nights through June 30, 2016 at Carmelo Resort & Spa, a Hyatt Hotel, Hotel du Louvre, The Confidante and The Driskill. Come discover the excellence you know and the adventure you don’t.

Book your three-night stay today. Be sure to request offer code FREE3 and provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number.

Promotional Terms & Conditions

Offer valid for reservations booked by June 28, 2016 for stays between April 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016 at Carmelo Resort & Spa, a Hyatt Hotel, Hotel du Louvre, The Confidante and The Driskill. Reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Guest must request offer code FREE3 at the time of reservation and pay The Unbound Collection by Hyatt introductory promotion rate. Offer not valid for groups or conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Prices are based on double occupancy, standard guestroom accommodations unless otherwise noted. Minimum 3-night length of stay required. For all participating hotels, the package cannot be booked back to back. Free night is reflected at time of booking. Free night is not combinable with Family Plan rooms. Offer does not include tax or service charges. Additional guests and room-type upgrades may be subject to additional hotel charges. A portion of the rate for this offer may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs are not eligible for Hyatt Gold Passport® points. A limited number of rooms are allocated to this promotion. Blackout dates at The Driskill: April 1-2, 7-9, 15-16, 22-23, 28-29, May 19-21 and June 3-6, 2016. Blackout dates at Hotel du Louvre: 5/16-20, 6/4-5, 6/10-11 and 6/13-17, 2016. Additional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice. Hyatt®, Hyatt Gold Passport® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. ©2016 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by dw
Looks like the property is open for reservations through Hyatt, but that award availability has not yet been loaded. GP has it as Category 6, however.
THANKS! I looked at the pricing. Not bad for South Beach. Will def be staying here on my next trip back out there.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
They have a stay 2 nights get the 3rd free thru june 30th promotion going on.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
They have a stay 2 nights get the 3rd free thru june 30th promotion going on.
I might just be able to use this in MAY! Thanks so much! I supposed i'd have to call the property to book.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I might just be able to use this in MAY! Thanks so much! I supposed i'd have to call the property to book.
http://hyatt.com/partnerlandingpage/...T_G-502367124O

link from my email
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Booked for memorial day with suite upgrade!
(And the fun thing is, there was a Tornado warning on HGP call center today when I was calling to use DSU)
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes
Thanks! Will def try to use that if we plan a trip before the end of June.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
Booked for memorial day with suite upgrade!
(And the fun thing is, there was a Tornado warning on HGP call center today when I was calling to use DSU)
You may want to read up on urban beach week if you're planning a memorial day stay. We've never stayed in south beach during this time but we've been caught up in some crazy traffic during this period while staying further north.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.