Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Yes, the street is still under construction or whatever.

By the way, I would not recommend the restaurant at the Marriott Cadillac Hotel next door. One of the worst meal services I have had in my lifetime.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Yes, the street is still under construction or whatever.

By the way, I would not recommend the restaurant at the Marriott Cadillac Hotel next door. One of the worst meal services I have had in my lifetime.
I have not eaten there... But I'm curious what you ordered or what was bad. I have heard many people rave about that restaurant.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Curious about the food at the Backyard.. Going down in April for a quick stay and my kid are famously picky eaters. Are they saying that if I order a pizza for my son (single food group kid), he can't eat it at the pool? Being they don't offer one?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rpk113
Curious about the food at the Backyard.. Going down in April for a quick stay and my kid are famously picky eaters. Are they saying that if I order a pizza for my son (single food group kid), he can't eat it at the pool? Being they don't offer one?
If you order food from off property then you are not allowed to eat it at the pool. Correct.

Will they take a slice of pizza away from a kid? Probably not. Will they say something if you walk into the pool with a box of pizza, open it up and dish it out to the family in a busy pool area? Very possibly.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by rpk113
If your group orders food from the pool, and just bring pizza for your son given that they don't offer pizza on the menu, I can't imagine that being a problem.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by gbdbld
If your group orders food from the pool, and just bring pizza for your son given that they don't offer pizza on the menu, I can't imagine that being a problem.
I was an extraordinarily picky eater as a kid, so my parents would carry around an ice chest full of yogurt cups for me into restaurants (I was older than a toddler). No one ever said anything, to my knowledge - kids are usually a good exception for most of these types of rules. Anything to make them not make a fuss...
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Sorry to hear about the Cadillac - as I've had many good meals at Donna Mare Trattoria (and I've even recommended it here on this thread) while staying at The Confidante. Can I ask what was wrong? Was it just the service or the food as well?

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Sorry to hear about the Cadillac - as I've had many good meals at Donna Mare Trattoria (and I've even recommended it here on this thread) while staying at The Confidante. Can I ask what was wrong? Was it just the service or the food as well?

-FlyerBeek
I had a similar experience and it was the slow service that was the problem. The food was pretty good though.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM
What is the breakfast situation for globalist?
I know they keep changing the rules (not a big fan of buffets)
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by walterD
What is the breakfast situation for globalist?
I know they keep changing the rules (not a big fan of buffets)
As of 2 weeks ago, it was buffet but you could get eggs to order if you wanted. I didn't experiment with ordering other items that added up to the same amount. The staff may say you can't do that or that you'll end up paying for it, but I have a suspicion that the charges will still get wiped off up to the amount of the buffet+tax+service charge. Maybe you can be the guinea pig.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Switching to a cat 5 --> https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...t-updates.html
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
These changes are REALLY bad for Cat 1-4 and 1-7. A lot of properties moving up. Really, really bad.
js1993 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Huge devaluation today. No two ways about it.

I guess we knew it was coming, the way Hyatt was throwing points at people early last year.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by coleslaw
These changes are REALLY bad for Cat 1-4 and 1-7. A lot of properties moving up. Really, really bad.

Its even worse Hyatt is showing the new Cats with the Standard redemption, The Confidante was already up to 18K come March, now it will be 23K most of the time besides no 1-4 certs 1 great way to get rid of freeloaders, but at what they are now charging for the Standard room, I will simply stay elsewhere not worth 23K or the $$$$
ceebee100 likes this.

Last edited by craz; Feb 14, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I have been shocked for years that the Confidante kept hanging on at a Category 4 - routinely $400 a night during peak times (tho much cheaper off peak). The cash pricing is similar to the Hyatt House Virginia Beach, which is MUCH less nice than the Confidante, yet is a Category 5.

This used to be one of my favorite redemptions and will be sad to see it go up. With that said, I never burned category 1-4 chits here anyway because I always like to use a suite upgrade, so at least there's that.
ceebee100 and MarkOK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.