Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by craz
So playing around with the above info, I agree they arent selling a reg King or 2 Qs even for ca$h for any Fri & Sat nights only in Feb. And this hotel is loaded with them.

I dont believe its being done in order to avoid having to sell the rooms as an award stay , as much as its Peak Peak and you cant even pay ca$h for those 2 nights for the standard room. If anything it may be playing games with Rev Stays, where if a person is willing to pay $$ they have to anti up more $$ for at least a room with a balcony if they want only a Fri-Sun res

FWIW I had no problem booking say a Mon-Weds stay using pts or paying for the standard room for those 2 nights.

So basically anyone looking to stay in Feb on a Fri - Sun stay wont beable to book a standard room and will have to anti up and take a room with a balcony and pay more $$, however if they book say Thurs - Mon they can book the standard room
Appreciate you doing some digging on my behalf! I do wonder if I booked four nights (Wed-Sun) in a standard king room on points, if I’d be able to call in and cancel the first two nights leaving me with a Fri/Sat reservation.

Im really just trying to surprise my fiancée with a short trip for her Birthday and an escape from the cold, but I can’t make 4 nights work, work wise.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dwhelan5
Appreciate you doing some digging on my behalf! I do wonder if I booked four nights (Wed-Sun) in a standard king room on points, if I’d be able to call in and cancel the first two nights leaving me with a Fri/Sat reservation.

Im really just trying to surprise my fiancée with a short trip for her Birthday and an escape from the cold, but I can’t make 4 nights work, work wise.
Cant be of any help with that except to say make sure you arent inside the no cancellation time zone. If you have the points (60K) you have nothing to lose. Just know theres a resort fee + tx and parking is only valet, so a free night isnt so free unless you're a Gloabalist
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by dwhelan5

I would try shortening the reservation via a DM to Hyatt on Twitter first. Then if that fails, try calling Hyatt. I wouldn't call the property.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
So playing around with the above info, I agree they arent selling a reg King or 2 Qs even for ca$h for any Fri & Sat nights only in Feb. And this hotel is loaded with them.
I had this same issue for a January weekend, the lowest category rooms simply were not being made available for sale for 2-night stays.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:53 pm

I stayed there recently.
Regarding availability: they had no award availability and I kept rechecking and when it was within the cancellation window availability suddenly opened up.

Their breakfast is horrible. I got the buffet. Just order some stuff off the menu as it cannot be worse.
(actually it isn't all horrible, the granola is quite good. Smoothies too. Nothing else. Eggs are HP level or worse (cause some have real eggs cracked and fried) as the eggs here were mushy. The pastries aren't crisp.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I stayed there recently.
Regarding availability: they had no award availability and I kept rechecking and when it was within the cancellation window availability suddenly opened up.
So did I (midweek stay) and at 1 week out 3 of my 5 nights were soldout = forget about any Upgrade even to a room with a balcony. Then every couple of days the Premium suites started being available, then reg rooms. I didnt think the hotel was holding them back but rather people booked and then at the last time they could CX for $0 did just that. For 2 of the nights there was some kind of private dinner and event happening , so could be they were holding onto the rooms and when they werent selling them let them go at the last moment

Its no PH or GH but is a nice place foir what it is which is an Art Deco building so they cant simply make it a modern room and large rooms at that. By and large I found the employees to be really caring people./ And agree that the breakfast isnt anything special, but for a Globalist the price is right, Id HJATE to be paying out of pocket for it and wouldnt
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:49 pm

So did I (midweek stay) and at 1 week out 3 of my 5 nights were soldout = forget about any Upgrade even to a room with a balcony. Then every couple of days the Premium suites started being available, then reg rooms. I didnt think the hotel was holding them back but rather people booked and then at the last time they could CX for $0 did just that. For 2 of the nights there was some kind of private dinner and event happening , so could be they were holding onto the rooms and when they werent selling them let them go at the last moment

Its no PH or GH but is a nice place foir what it is which is an Art Deco building so they cant simply make it a modern room and large rooms at that. By and large I found the employees to be really caring people./ And agree that the breakfast isnt anything special, but for a Globalist the price is right, Id HJATE to be paying out of pocket for it and wouldnt
Well, they definitely don't upgrade one into a premium suite just for being a globalist (like me). They also said they are a resort and didn't give me 4pm late checkout (I don't know how to check which ones are resorts or not).
The cash rate compared to the points rate isn't that great.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:20 pm

Cant be of any help with that except to say make sure you arent inside the no cancellation time zone. If you have the points (60K) you have nothing to lose. Just know theres a resort fee + tx and parking is only valet, so a free night isnt so free unless you're a Gloabalist
No resort fee on free nights for anyone, globalist or not.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
No resort fee on free nights for anyone, globalist or not.
So a person who is a Hyatt member but no CC and not even a Discoverist saves up say 15K cashes in for a free night at The Confidante wont have to pay the resort fee or did you mean as long as a person has status with Hyatt then no resort fee?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:27 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
So a person who is a Hyatt member but no CC and not even a Discoverist saves up say 15K cashes in for a free night at The Confidante wont have to pay the resort fee or did you mean as long as a person has status with Hyatt then no resort fee?
anyone using a free night award does not pay resort fees, irrespective of status.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 59Impala
anyone using a free night award does not pay resort fees, irrespective of status.

Thx as you can see I wasnt aware of that
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The benefits comparison chart is very useful and informative:

World of Hyatt Member Benefits | Hotel Loyalty Program | World of Hyatt
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:25 pm

Their breakfast is horrible. I got the buffet. Just order some stuff off the menu as it cannot be worse.
(actually it isn't all horrible, the granola is quite good. Smoothies too. Nothing else. Eggs are HP level or worse (cause some have real eggs cracked and fried) as the eggs here were mushy. The pastries aren't crisp.
Had a stay there until today. I got the buffet as well during my stay (since it's free for Globalists) but didn't think it wasn't that bad. Eggs were okay when I was there and had the sausage links and salmon.

I am on keto so didn't try the bread/pastries, fruits, potatoes or the waffles. It looked good though!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
Had a stay there until today. I got the buffet as well during my stay (since it's free for Globalists) but didn't think it wasn't that bad. Eggs were okay when I was there and had the sausage links and salmon.

I am on keto so didn't try the bread/pastries, fruits, potatoes or the waffles. It looked good though!
Well, I had breakfast at the Social Club just the day prior, which was actually good.
Maybe my expectations of breakfast are just too high? I don't see how it is better than a Hyatt Place breakfast, which also has sausage links, eggs (I guess not smoked salmon).
Or maybe pastries in the US are always horrible if you get them at a buffet (in Asia they aren't).
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Well, I had breakfast at the Social Club just the day prior, which was actually good.
Maybe my expectations of breakfast are just too high? I don't see how it is better than a Hyatt Place breakfast, which also has sausage links, eggs (I guess not smoked salmon).
Or maybe pastries in the US are always horrible if you get them at a buffet (in Asia they aren't).
I have been to the Confidante about 5 times. Breakfast has been always hit or miss. I either love it or hate it. A la carte is much better than the buffet
River in Sight and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.