Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just finished a Prive stay here. Great stay! No welcome amenity, but upgraded to deluxe balcony king (from balcony king). Breakfast was delicious each morning and used the $100 credit for overpriced drinks at the pool..tasted much better since they were free. The hotel was a bit busy over the weekend but cleared out by Monday. The bill came to just over $500 so both me and my friend split the bill to capture the $75 credit on the Hyatt CC when you spent $250 at an Unbound property. With all the promos this quarter it was a dirt cheap stay!

here is the breakfast menu:

Old Dec 15, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Thanks for posting the breakfast menu. Certainly much shorter than it used to be and my wife is going to miss the “Zak the Baker” bread that the avocado toast used to come on.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cara332
Just finished a Prive stay here. Great stay! No welcome amenity, but upgraded to deluxe balcony king (from balcony king). Breakfast was delicious each morning and used the $100 credit for overpriced drinks at the pool..tasted much better since they were free. The hotel was a bit busy over the weekend but cleared out by Monday. The bill came to just over $500 so both me and my friend split the bill to capture the $75 credit on the Hyatt CC when you spent $250 at an Unbound property. With all the promos this quarter it was a dirt cheap stay!

Ahhh I wish I would have known you didn't get your welcome amenity. Next time, email me and let me know! Glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay though!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Talking Chicken and waffles

Originally Posted by River in Sight
Thanks for posting the breakfast menu. Certainly much shorter than it used to be and my wife is going to miss the “Zak the Baker” bread that the avocado toast used to come on.
Shorter and no more Chicken and waffles ... that was sooooo soooo delis
solewalker likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Well, it isn't the shortest or worse looking menu out there at least. I did love Chef Hale's Chicken and Waffles though, Hyatt shouldn't have fired him....
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More extensive menu (wich Chicken and waffles) was there a couple weeks ago so perhaps it's a rotation or temp menu for slow early december time.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by Cara332

I was also there over the weekend. Your summary is spot on and I also didn't receive a Prive welcome gift, though I did receive the voucher that azepine00 received. Here's the link to the menu that they text you at check in: https://www.barpay.com/digital-menu/...5-d39e4a95d022 and here's the link they provided when ordering on the patio/pool: https://www.barpay.com/digital-menu/...c-dcf68cd8146a

The breakfast was great; lunch/dinner were ok.
EmeraldLady likes this.

Last edited by drod; Dec 17, 2020 at 4:17 am
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
"New Globalist Lounge"

I have an upcoming stay, and this was sent to me in an email:

"Launching on December 24th, we will have our VERY FIRST Globalist Lounge as a token of our appreciation for your loyalty to Hyatt and The Confidante. Exciting details below:

7am – 10am – breakfast service

Menu

- Coffee assorted juices, bottled water, pop, tea, coffee and including latte’s etc. from the coffee machine in crown please ensure it works

- Full continental – rotation of pastries and loaf options instead of muffins, nice selection of fruit, homemade granola and assorted yogurts.

- Attending Chef and a full rotation of hot egg items each day, quiche, eggs benny, scrambled eggs, omelets etc.

- Buffet on the bar for breakfast with a server

4:30pm – 6:30pm reception

Menu

- Chef choice of 1-2 hot items

- Selection of domestic cheese and crackers

- Our homemade Hummus and olives

Honor bar

- Selection red and white wine

- Domestic Beer

Cash Bar – Handcrafted Cocktails

- options – bartender and sign charges to your room"
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:57 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
"New Globalist Lounge"

I have an upcoming stay, and this was sent to me in an email:

"Launching on December 24th, we will have our VERY FIRST Globalist Lounge as a token of our appreciation for your loyalty to Hyatt and The Confidante. Exciting details below:

7am – 10am – breakfast service

Menu

- Coffee assorted juices, bottled water, pop, tea, coffee and including latte’s etc. from the coffee machine in crown please ensure it works

- Full continental – rotation of pastries and loaf options instead of muffins, nice selection of fruit, homemade granola and assorted yogurts.

- Attending Chef and a full rotation of hot egg items each day, quiche, eggs benny, scrambled eggs, omelets etc.

- Buffet on the bar for breakfast with a server

4:30pm – 6:30pm reception

Menu

- Chef choice of 1-2 hot items

- Selection of domestic cheese and crackers

- Our homemade Hummus and olives

Honor bar

- Selection red and white wine

- Domestic Beer

Cash Bar – Handcrafted Cocktails

- options – bartender and sign charges to your room"

This is a fantastic development, but I’m going to be a grouch here and point out that their copy editing is awful. Among numerous weird capitalizations and an incorrect apostrophe in “lattes,” it’s odd that a FL hotel is touting “pop” rather than “soda” or “soft drinks”
Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by hp12c
This is a fantastic development, but I’m going to be a grouch here and point out that their copy editing is awful. Among numerous weird capitalizations and an incorrect apostrophe in “lattes,” it’s odd that a FL hotel is touting “pop” rather than “soda” or “soft drinks”
My favorite is "please ensure it works" I will let them know if it doesn't work alright!

Definitely a rough cut email.

I am unsure of this -- I really like restaurant breakfasts vs lounge breakfasts and am a bit weary. The Confidante does have some nice spaces though on the second floor, not sure if this is there or somewhere else in the hotel.

Next week, I will know what's what.

Mark
River in Sight and hp12c like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:24 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
My favorite is "please ensure it works" I will let them know if it doesn't work alright!

Definitely a rough cut email.

I am unsure of this -- I really like restaurant breakfasts vs lounge breakfasts and am a bit weary. The Confidante does have some nice spaces though on the second floor, not sure if this is there or somewhere else in the hotel.

Next week, I will know what's what.

Mark
Oh, if this is a replacement for breakfast in the restaurant, then I agree with you that it's not necessarily a positive. It may be, given the afternoon/evening food. It'll be interesting to hear how you like it.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:55 pm

Oh, if this is a replacement for breakfast in the restaurant, then I agree with you that it's not necessarily a positive. It may be, given the afternoon/evening food. It'll be interesting to hear how you like it.
I suspect this is a holiday experiment to placate the large number of globs staying there and not overwhelm the socially distanced restaurant.... they also might sell a few drinks to make up for the extra cost of offering a few appetizers outside of a basic breakfast buffet (for which they are reimbursed by Hyatt).

Will be interesting to see if it works out.., and with the possible flood of new “glob lites” coming soon, if the “Globalist Lounge” becomes a norm at resort properties, in particular.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
it’s odd that a FL hotel is touting “pop” rather than “soda” or “soft drinks”
native Chicagoan writing the copy?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:22 am

Okay - time to report on this Globalist lounge they tried out.

The globalist lounge was open Dec 24-Jan 3 (breakfast) between 7-10AM for breakfast and 4:30-6:30 PM for an evening service.
I talked to a front desk employee on my way out about it when I inquired about something else (he brought it up when seeing I was a globalist). He said it was something the general manager (Amy J) has been wanting to do for quite some time, and this year they finally just did it. Based on feedback, he mentioned that they may start doing this during other busy times in the future as well.

They did this in the book room on the second floor (can't remember what they called it, but they use it for certain events/functions, and pre COVID, I think I remembered they let people use it freely as a 'library' when it wasn't used as an event space). They expanded the lounge out in to the patios and adjacent rooms. They had signs to point towards 'adult zones' (the immediate patio straight out) and 'family areas' (the adjacent room up a few stairs to the south, plus the upper patio). Though, this adults/family situation was only loosely followed (not that I think that matters given that overall, there was not very many people (ever), with about four tables empty for any given table that was occupied.) Tables were tableclothed in nice white linen, those fake candles added some ambiance, you do get a low view of the ocean up there (and all the palm trees!), and it seems relatively private.

Everything had to be served to you (of course, being covid) in a buffet like line. Logistically pointing and discussing everything you want was a little tiresome, but all the employees I found were super helpful and friendly and wanting to give you everything you wanted. They came around and cleared dishes from your table for you, and offered if there was anything else you needed.

Breakfast -- Overall, I rank the breakfast as good (I reserve any higher rankings for those truly great breakfasts out there!). They had fruit (cut melons, berries, and whole bananas, oranges etc), yogurt, pastries, lox with fixings (except tomatoes most mornings), bagels (and I am sure other stuff that I didn't pay attention to). They had an omelet station with numerous options for fixings -- the omelets were very well prepared, fresh, and good tasting. Coffee, espressos, juices, water (flat and fizzle) all upon request, to-go cups were there as well. I had the restaurant breakfast after the lounge closed, and it really offered nothing better in my opinion than the lounge breakfast.

Evening -- They had a selection of beers and a few house wines complementary, as well as sodas, juices, waters, etc.. They also offered some spirits, champagne, and other libations in the bar for a 'reduced price' but I didn't inquire. They had cheese, some charcuterie, hummus and veggies, and a couple of hot items each night (empanadas, brie pastry, beef on a stick). The only thing I found lacking was perhaps it would have been nice to have a sweet item as well. Overall, it could easily suffice as an early light dinner, which on a few nights it did for us. A few evenings, I probably drank 4-5 glasses of wine which they seemed more than happy to serve, even though it was just canyon road (I think, a bit on the sweet side for a dry wine for my tastes, and like most cheap wines, a little fruity and sour).

Overall, I give the concept a big thumbs up! It certainly made a very relaxing transition between a day on the beach and whatever we did in the evening. Being it just a globalist lounge, the atmosphere certainly felt more private and personal than the typical lounge. (but to note, the hours above are the only hours it was open, so it doesn't have some the convenience benefits of a typical lounge). Anyways, I do hope that they do this regularly.

My overall stay was good as well. I wasn't given a complementary room upgrade but from what I saw in the app, there wasn't really anything available anyways. It was a little busy from Christmas to new years eve, so if you wanted spot around the pool all day or to be close to the ocean on the beach you had to get out there early. All of our interactions with the staff and the service was very on point and responsive (unlike the few service issues we encountered a couple years ago).
Old Jan 6, 2021, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Great review!

How nice is the "hard product" generally? Seems like a good option for the Cat 4 certs generally (have done a broad scan of the Sun Belt, trying to maximize a few of these). Just curious how nice the beds, bathrooms, fixtures, etc. are (whether in an absolute sense, or in a S. Fla relative sense). Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.