Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Confidante Miami / Andaz Miami Beach - Unbound - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
They did this in the book room on the second floor (can't remember what they called it...
I was there just after Christmas, too. The globalist lounge is in the "crown room" which is just off the west tower's elevator on the second floor.

I was pleased with the evening offering -- the cheese selection was good (manchego, brie, etc. -- not just white and yellow cubes), the vegetables were fresh, and there was a nice assortment of local and craft beers. (I am not normally a beer drinker at these kinds of things, but the quality of beer relative to normal freebies was better than the quality of wine, I'm not really a Canvas fan.) Missed the breakfast but sounds like it was also decent.

It's a little cumbersome to get to the beach now (you have to go out the side door from the pool area and walk down what feels like an alley, but it's not very far, just a minute or so).

As for hard product, I was offered a higher floor regular room or a lower floor "deluxe" room with more space. (I had used a Cat 4 cert; room rate was $180ish.) I chose the deluxe room; the space was nice but the room felt dark and dated. Interestingly, the window opened onto the roof and you could walk around out there, but that was super awkward because other folks rooms also opened onto the same roof, so not exactly a place to hang out. All in all, still a good use of a Cat 4 cert and will gladly stay again.

Deluxe King room

View from window
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Thanks! Would have to convince my spouse to "downgrade" from the StR Bal Harbour so the pics and reference helps.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Thanks! Would have to convince my spouse to "downgrade" from the StR Bal Harbour so the pics and reference helps.
My wife and I quite love StR Bal Harbour as well, but it has not been getting great reviews during Covid times...

That said, the pictures don't convince me that the hard product @ The Confidante Miami are in the same league as StR BH

Regards
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scubadu
My wife and I quite love StR Bal Harbour as well, but it has not been getting great reviews during Covid times...

That said, the pictures don't convince me that the hard product @ The Confidante Miami are in the same league as StR BH

Regards
Yup - I fully expect this to be a "downgrade" (the StR is a beautiful property) - not saying it's bad, just that the StR is a true luxury experience w/awesome rooms (know the service has gone to crap, have been sadly following that in the MR forum...unsurprising though).

Have 3 certs to use which would be a great long weekend redemption.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I was there just after Christmas, too. The globalist lounge is in the "crown room" which is just off the west tower's elevator on the second floor.
That is right -- the crown room!

We probably crossed paths at least once in the lounge!

The wine wasn't the Canvas, I am quite sure it was Canyon Road and they had pinot noir, merlot, and cab (for reds) plus a couple whites. I like Canvas slightly better that Canyon Road, but never would drink either at home.

I reserved a double queen and was given one higher up. No deluxe double queens or any with a balcony were available, but I had a partial view of the ocean. Unfortunately, the fan on the building to he south has a loud high pitched sound when it goes on (which is more on than off), so I couldn't even really enjoy the windows open that much. The confidante should sue that hotel from that much noise.

As for hard product -- the hard product in the rooms and hallways is worn. Like, if you make a stain on the carpet from bbq sauce, you don't feel that bad about it. It actually reminds me a lot of my apartment when I lived in Waikiki Beach for a year, so I kind of like it -- feels very beachy to me. The bed is softer than I prefer, but I still sleep okay.

I think a lot of the public spaces are decently nice though, not luxury, but nice.

I find this hotel to be a great value for a Cat 4. You can score some decent rates here and there now, but very often the rates are over $400 a night so the pts value is often very good, and they seem to nearly always have pts availability even during the busy season (unlike some hotels). Even this year, I got over 2 cents per point overall on most of my stay -- room rates for a lot of the nights during the last couple weeks I saw were $350 (there were a couple cheaper nights, that are cited above), and I used 2 cat1-4 certificates for a couple other nights. If you can find availability, the standard suites are also quite large for a beach resort property for TSU use (not lame jr suites!).
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
So is the eating area for Globalist lounge outdoors or indoors?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 2:03 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Great review!

How nice is the "hard product" generally? Seems like a good option for the Cat 4 certs generally (have done a broad scan of the Sun Belt, trying to maximize a few of these). Just curious how nice the beds, bathrooms, fixtures, etc. are (whether in an absolute sense, or in a S. Fla relative sense). Thx.

I really like this hotel. More than the Centric SB.

the beds I find really good... I am a deep sleeper, but do move a lot during the night, which annoys my wife obviously.... so we typically have seperate beds. The king beds here in fact are excellent and I do not disturb my wife

we always had suites so far, bathrooms there are very good and quite spacious.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by stvr
So is the eating area for Globalist lounge outdoors or indoors?
Both. There are tables indoors near the buffet or you can go out to the balcony/patio area and eat outside. Our take your booze to the beach and walk back for refills like I did, no one cares.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:08 am

FYI - Here now. Apparently it is Yeshiva week (winter break for Jewish schools), so it is actually pretty crowded.

Breakfast for Globalists is back in the Ambersweet restaurant. No lounge (at least nothing I was told about). I was upgraded to a Miami Suite.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Do you have to eat globalist breakfast in the restaurant or can you carry out?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by jdawg
Do you have to eat globalist breakfast in the restaurant or can you carry out?
I didn't ask about this. They were only seating people in the outdoor section (though tables were not 6' apart). I would assume you could still do Globalist breakfast as takeout.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just a quick question for an upcoming stay..is the Confidante eligible for the free parking promo when booking with points? Have a stay booked for this weekend and got a rental car, so just want to make sure I don't have to make other plans.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cara332
Just a quick question for an upcoming stay..is the Confidante eligible for the free parking promo when booking with points? Have a stay booked for this weekend and got a rental car, so just want to make sure I don't have to make other plans.
Hey there - it is eligible!
Cara332 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I didn't ask about this. They were only seating people in the outdoor section (though tables were not 6' apart). I would assume you could still do Globalist breakfast as takeout.
We stayed there last week and did our breakfast as takeout each day with no issue.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 11:00 am

I had planned on staying here. It seemed like a good use for a couple of Cat 1-4 certs and free parking on awards would be great as hotel parking in this area can be pricey. However, I was stubborn and kept waiting for the latest batch of bonus nights to post so I'd be Globalist when making the reservation, and of course the day that happened was also the day the hotel ran out of award space on the weekend I needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.