Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2023, 2:34 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Trouvaille
Anyone have experience hosting their wedding at a Hyatt?

Noticed they have a promo for honeymoon bonus points (I.e. spend $10k, get 60k points).

How about points for the actual wedding cost?

Does it count towards lifetime spend/ elite qualifying, etc.?
In general, all points earned from a wedding or similar event are bonus points and don't count toward status or lifetime spend. Spend for guest room and incidental charges will earn base points as long as they are paid by the occupant and not billed to a master account for the event. Note also that 3rd party charges, such as florists or photographers, are typically not eligible charges for earning points even if the 3rd party was referred by the property.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by thunderl
Is there a thread or area on FT to see Mattress Run possibilities for Hyatt? I'm about 8 nights away from requalifying for Globalist.
You could start by checking the list of Cat 1 hotels to see if there are some that are convenient. They should usually be inexpensive.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
How long does it take for 2 EQ nights on $5K spend on reg Hyatt card to post?

What charges on the Hyatt or Business Hyatt do not count towards EQN? And do travel gift cards work?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by tobikosan
How long does it take for 2 EQ nights on $5K spend on reg Hyatt card to post?

What charges on the Hyatt or Business Hyatt do not count towards EQN? And do travel gift cards work?
They post a day or two after the points from your closing statement.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: Alaska, American
Hi all -

I just became a Globalist for the first time. And, like clockwork, a concierge reached out to me. I'm curious, do folks use the concierge for 'normal' bookings, and if so, what is the benefit.

(I can see using the concierge if I want to use a specific Free Night Award or similar)

Thanks in advance,
-HD
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by humdinger
Hi all -

I just became a Globalist for the first time. And, like clockwork, a concierge reached out to me. I'm curious, do folks use the concierge for 'normal' bookings, and if so, what is the benefit.

(I can see using the concierge if I want to use a specific Free Night Award or similar)

Thanks in advance,
-HD
we have not found the concierge useful in doing anything we cant do ourselves. And a call to the regular number gets other stuff done quickly.

Others may have different experiences, but no value to us.

Cheers.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by humdinger
Hi all -

Thanks in advance,
-HD
Originally Posted by brp
we have not found the concierge useful in doing anything we cant do ourselves. And a call to the regular number gets other stuff done quickly.

Others may have different experiences, but no value to us.

Cheers.
Use them for -

Special Requests/Notations (Anniversary, Birthday etc.)

Guest of Honor Bookings

Applying Suite Upgrade Awards

Points for Expired Category 1-4 or 1-7 Certificates
Old Nov 27, 2023, 1:55 pm

I contact my Concierge for Guest of Honor requests, as I have usually gone ahead and secured a room in my name and have them change it to my guest. I did initially use my Concierge for Suite upgrades, but found email was too slow with days going by and I feared that suite availability would disappear. I now contact the Globalist line to apply a suite upgrade.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 2:40 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Use them for -

Special Requests/Notations (Anniversary, Birthday etc.)

Guest of Honor Bookings

Applying Suite Upgrade Awards

Points for Expired Category 1-4 or 1-7 Certificates
Originally Posted by xooz
I contact my Concierge for Guest of Honor requests, as I have usually gone ahead and secured a room in my name and have them change it to my guest. I did initially use my Concierge for Suite upgrades, but found email was too slow with days going by and I feared that suite availability would disappear. I now contact the Globalist line to apply a suite upgrade.
For all of the above, I just call from the app and get it sorted quickly rather than waiting for our specific concierge to respond. Just easier that way.

BTW, on the app I used to see the phone number for the Concierge Line. Now, under contacts, I see chat, Twitter and messenger, but no phone number listed.

Cheers.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by brp
For all of the above, I just call from the app and get it sorted quickly rather than waiting for our specific concierge to respond. Just easier that way.

BTW, on the app I used to see the phone number for the Concierge Line. Now, under contacts, I see chat, Twitter and messenger, but no phone number listed.

Cheers.
There is a "Globalist Line" in the app under Contact>Member Support. This is what I have used.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Thats great for you. I feel like building a good relationship with your MHC definitely helps. My MHC has for years marked down birthdays, anniversaries and so on then contacted the hotel directly to arrange special welcome arrangements. That for me is more than worth it.

Here are a couple of the arrangements MHC asked them to set up for us -

Old Nov 30, 2023, 5:48 am

Can I transfer Hyatt points to my wife's Hyatt account?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:59 am

Will be at 58 EQN by 12/20. I have a three night stay from 12/29/23 to 1/2/24. Will that stay credit on for the 2023 or 2024 qualifying year?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:34 am

I am 1 night away from qualifying for Discoverist.

I do value both the premium internet and late checkout perk so I think I want to qualify.

I live in NY but I don't have any travels planned for the year. I think I have 2 options,

1. Book a hyatt in the city for one night.
2. Buy 300$ worth of Mr and Mrs Smith gift card from https://mrmrssmith.redeam.com/ and get get tier qualifying night.

I've never used Mr and Mrs Smith, but I think I can use the 300$ and their service for a future vacation. Night in the city feels wasteful.

Any suggestions?
Nurse Traveler likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
Can I transfer Hyatt points to my wife's Hyatt account?
Yes. There's a form on this page ... Purchase, Share and Gift Rewards Points | Hyatt Rewards | World of Hyatt
richarddd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.