Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
anyone know how soon the FN cert post, after achieving $15,000 spend on the Chase Hyatt credit card?
one or two days after statement posts. It comes at the same time as the points you earn from credit card, so look at your past point activity
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Trying to wrap my head around how SUAs work.

I have a stay next year where some nights no standard room is available, but the standard suite is available for all nights.
If I book a standard room with points and a higher category room in cash, can I use a SUA for the entire stay?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinjm

I have a stay next year where some nights no standard room is available, but the standard suite is available for all nights.
If I book a standard room with points and a higher category room in cash, can I use a SUA for the entire stay?
SUA/TSU work by upgrading an already existing booking (not bookings) to a suite.

So you have a reservation for 7 nights apply it and boom youre in a suite. The scenario you describe is multiple bookings which would not work. You would need to book whichever room is available for the entirety of your intended stay you cannot book one room for 3 nights and another room for 4 nights and mesh them together. This would require two TSUs because its two reservations being upgraded.
kevinjm likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's what I feared, but thanks.

I wish more hotels used Pay My Way, that way I could shift points around where I needed them most
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Matt4200
... You would need to book whichever room is available for the entirety of your intended stay you cannot book one room for 3 nights and another room for 4 nights and mesh them together. This would require two TSUs because its two reservations being upgraded.
I have trouble locating this restriction in the T&Cs. Which clause is it?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by danger
I have trouble locating this restriction in the T&Cs. Which clause is it?
What do you mean? Its common sense they are two different reservations. A TSU can only be applied to one reservation you cant split a TSU into two reservations. Theres multiple threads where people tried things like this and ended up burning 2 TSUs.

Also, very simple to find -

5. Multi-Night Awards Useable Only for a Single Stay. If an award is valid for two (2) or more nights, it may not be redeemed for separate stays.

Last edited by Matt4200; Aug 1, 2023 at 5:44 pm
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What do you mean? Its common sense they are two different reservations. A TSU can only be applied to one reservation you cant split a TSU into two reservations. Theres multiple threads where people tried things like this and ended up burning 2 TSUs.

Also, very simple to find -

5. Multi-Night Awards Useable Only for a Single Stay. If an award is valid for two (2) or more nights, it may not be redeemed for separate stays.
The term you've quoted refers to "separate stays". I'm not talking about separate stays; I'm talking about back-to-back stays booked as standalone reservations.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:52 pm

The term you've quoted refers to "separate stays". I'm not talking about separate stays; I'm talking about back-to-back stays booked as standalone reservations.
Those are separate stays. As they are booked separately and have separate rooms booked!

Even if OP booked the same room type for all nights, which they are saying they cannot do due to inventory, they are still considered separate stays.

Theres dozens of threads on this topic

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/2104716-suite-night-award-debacle-hyatt-regency-london.html
Old Aug 1, 2023, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Those are separate stays. As they are booked separately and have separate rooms booked!

Even if OP booked the same room type for all nights, which they are saying they cannot do due to inventory, they are still considered separate stays.

Theres dozens of threads on this topic

Suite Night Award Debacle - Hyatt Regency London
Oh, okay. So by that logic, if I book Monday on one res and Tuesday on another, I could, for example, qualify for the current promotion that only kicks in on the second stay from this one stay. Great. I'll let Hyatt know.

I'm not asking for dozens of threads on this topic. You asserted a position. I pointed out I couldn't find that in the T&Cs and kindly asked if you could point me in the right direction. You passively-aggressively replied and couldn't do so. That's fine. You're under no obligation too, of course. I'll continue searching myself.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:24 pm

Oh, okay. So by that logic, if I book Monday on one res and Tuesday on another, I could, for example, qualify for the current promotion that only kicks in on the second stay from this one stay. Great. I'll let Hyatt know.

I'm not asking for dozens of threads on this topic. You asserted a position. I pointed out I couldn't find that in the T&Cs and kindly asked if you could point me in the right direction. You passively-aggressively replied and couldn't do so. That's fine. You're under no obligation too, of course. I'll continue searching myself.
Again I provided you the same term in the T&C that any Hyatt rep would provide.

The two reservations would be considered separate. Just because they are merged on the backend after the stay, does not change the fact that prior to the stay they are two separate reservations and two separate stays. So up until 24-36 hours after checkout it would be considered two separate reservations and two separate stays.

Not only have I provided the term in the T&C that you said you could not locate, I also provided evidence of other people having this issue to support what the end result would be.

I can happily find other threads and discussions where people have experienced this issue.

Trust me I wish it was different I have a 4 night stay booked for Andaz Papagayo I booked a
5th night separately in case plans change/flight pricing etc. I applied a TSU (which took 3 months of searching and waiting to find one open and be available) it was applied to the 4 night stay. I asked MHC and the property if it would cover the 5th night they both said no since they are separate reservations they cannot do it, even as a courtesy, despite the 5th night being consecutive with the other stay and having the suite open. One might think then just rebook them as one stay? Cant, as it went up a Category and I booked prior to Category changes.

They further said that since they are two separate reservations that if that suite is available for my 5th night when I check in for the first reservation it doesnt matter, what will matter is if its available for the 5th night when I go to check in for the 2nd stay.

So even though they may be merged later on and considered one stay after the stay has actually occurred thats not how it works prior to the stay as they are for all intents and purposes considered separate.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:17 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kevinjm

What did your MHC (or the Glob line) say? I have a stay next month in Barcelona, originally booked on points with a SUA attached. I wanted to add another night, but paying cash, as no award nights were available. My MHC said the SUA would cover the additional night and the confirmation for the paid night reflects that.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skj
What did your MHC (or the Glob line) say? I have a stay next month in Barcelona, originally booked on points with a SUA attached. I wanted to add another night, but paying cash, as no award nights were available. My MHC said the SUA would cover the additional night and the confirmation for the paid night reflects that.
Is the cash night on a separate reservation number to your points nights?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by skj
My MHC said even her manager said it was outside the T&C.

I am guessing you just got an accommodating property, which many properties do go above and beyond for Globalists, some dont, especially when they can sell the suite for an $1,000 in my case.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 7:24 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
free night award validity

[asking for a friend]

Do free night awards need to be completed before expiry, or just booked (ie with actual stay after expiry)? A friend got one in the Q1 promo for staying two nights, and is incapable of checking themselves

thanks
Old Aug 2, 2023, 7:29 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Do free night awards need to be completed before expiry, or just booked (ie with actual stay after expiry)? A friend got one in the Q1 promo for staying two nights, and is incapable of checking themselves

thanks
The stay must be completed on or before the expiration date.
Stewie Mac likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.