Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Can I add a club access award to a third party rez? It would be with a Citi Prestige concierge booking, if that matters.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Can I add a club access award to a third party rez? It would be with a Citi Prestige concierge booking, if that matters.
That should be possible. I've added suite upgrades to Citi Prestige concierge bookings.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
I just posted this in another flyertalk forum, but thought I'd reach out to the experts here just in case. I lost my Mlife Gold and Hyatt Platinum status when Hyatt switched from Platinum to World of Hyatt. Now I'm Mlife Pearl and World of Hyatt Discoverist. I always booked my stays in Las Vegas through Mlife and/or the property website because the rates were so much better. Before I lost my Mlife Gold status, I was constantly bombarded with offers from Mlife for complimentary nights in Las Vegas. I still get them, but they're definitely not as generous and I assume that's because I was downgraded to Pearl. Does anyone know if complimentary nights booked for Mlife properties in Las Vegas through Mlife will count as qualifying nights with World of Hyatt? I'm trying to reach Explorist and then match Explorist back to Mlife Gold. Any idea if I can use my World of Hyatt club access awards for Mlife properties in Las Vegas? Only if booked directly through Hyatt? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:03 pm

To answer the 3 questions using https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ife-terms.html as the source.

1. No. The comp night from Mlife doesn't give you WoH eligible.

An “M life-Eligible Night” is any night stayed at an M life Rewards destination where (i) payment is made directly to MGM or the applicable M life Rewards destination (including reservations booked through mlife.com or mgmresorts.com), (ii) the reservation is booked through hyatt.com (subject to the exclusions below), or (iii) the reservation is booked through a Hyatt Global Contact Center (subject to the exclusions below). Any night other than as described above will not be considered an M life-Eligible Night, including, without limitation, any nights booked under one of the following booking types or rates: M life Rewards destination complimentary room nights...

2/3. No neither is allowed. Bold and italics below.

No other type of Program award is redeemable at an M life Rewards destination – including, without limitation, any type of suite free night or upgrade award, any Club free night, upgrade, or access award, Future Meeting Credit, or Dining, Spa and More Awards.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
Thanks for responding. Mlife properties are also available directly through Hyatt's website. Would I receive qualifying nights with World of Hyatt if I booked directly through Hyatt with money/points and/or Mlife with money? Is the issue using comp nights from Mlife as opposed to paying with cash/points through either?

An “M life-Eligible Night” is any night stayed at an M life Rewards destination where (i) payment is made directly to MGM or the applicable M life Rewards destination (including reservations booked through mlife.com or mgmresorts.com), (ii) the reservation is booked through hyatt.com

When staying as a registered guest at an M life Rewards destination, a Member will earn one (1) Tier-Qualifying Night for each M life-Eligible Night. Members must provide both their Program and M life Rewards membership numbers at the time of check-in (or request retroactive credit as set forth in Section VI below).

So a club access award can't be used at an Mlife property even if that property is booked directly through Hyatt's website?
​​​​​​​
Old May 22, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by dmgrayinva
Thanks for responding. Mlife properties are also available directly through Hyatt's website. Would I receive qualifying nights with World of Hyatt if I booked directly through Hyatt with money/points and/or Mlife with money? Is the issue using comp nights from Mlife as opposed to paying with cash/points through either?

An “M life-Eligible Night” is any night stayed at an M life Rewards destination where (i) payment is made directly to MGM or the applicable M life Rewards destination (including reservations booked through mlife.com or mgmresorts.com), (ii) the reservation is booked through hyatt.com

When staying as a registered guest at an M life Rewards destination, a Member will earn one (1) Tier-Qualifying Night for each M life-Eligible Night. Members must provide both their Program and M life Rewards membership numbers at the time of check-in (or request retroactive credit as set forth in Section VI below).

So a club access award can't be used at an Mlife property even if that property is booked directly through Hyatt's website?
​​​​​​​
That's correct. Doesn't matter if you booked via MLIFE or Hyatt, you're unable to use a Hyatt club access award for MLIFE properties.

It seems that you're set on receiving qualifying nights. As stated by opiuman already, any COMP nights do not qualify as eligible nights. Paid for in points, and/or cash/points would count as eligible nights.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:05 pm

Suite Upgrade

Question on using a suite upgrade certificate. I have a points stay at Andaz Costa Rica. When searching for rooms on my dates for points, no standard suites are available, however they are available for cash. Would it still be possible to use a confirmed upgrade or would it need to be available on points if that’s what you booked with? Also, if I already have a reservation, can I call to apply it or will they need to setup a new reservation? What if the reservation is about a month old once I bank the upgrades?
Old May 24, 2019, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by jbone9877
Question on using a suite upgrade certificate. I have a points stay at Andaz Costa Rica. When searching for rooms on my dates for points, no standard suites are available, however they are available for cash. Would it still be possible to use a confirmed upgrade or would it need to be available on points if that’s what you booked with? Also, if I already have a reservation, can I call to apply it or will they need to setup a new reservation? What if the reservation is about a month old once I bank the upgrades?
It may vary but generally suites don't appear on the ~20 properties I've ever stayed at and the ~40 I've looked at under the points rate. Booking via points OR cash then seeing the suite available for cash has been sufficient for the ~12 awards I've ever used. It's rare that I've seen the suite available for cash but couldn't apply it even if it was a standard suite. Either they're playing games but all of it up to the hotel sadly. Just make sure it says STANDARD suite to apply it.

It is fine if you have an existing reservation. It doesn't have to be from scratch. You can ask for them to pull up that reservation via the number then ask them to apply the upgrade.

Doesn't matter how old the original reservation is when they try to apply the upgrade.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I think I may have a tough time making all my nights for globalist this year and my have to make a matress run for 10-15 nights. Any outrageously cheap places to do it in the US? I have made marriott runs to south dakota and paid like $30 a night to make ambassador (my work stays are usually high dollar properties), is there anything similar for hyatt? Can go locally for about $80 a night if I have to. Could probably also do this in Asia if need be,
Old May 26, 2019, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Dallas seems to have a lot of sub-$100 properties from what I have seen - plenty of HP/HH options, have even seem some HRs below that depending on the day
Old May 26, 2019, 11:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by jinrop
I think I may have a tough time making all my nights for globalist this year and my have to make a matress run for 10-15 nights. Any outrageously cheap places to do it in the US? I have made marriott runs to south dakota and paid like $30 a night to make ambassador (my work stays are usually high dollar properties), is there anything similar for hyatt? Can go locally for about $80 a night if I have to. Could probably also do this in Asia if need be,
consider the M-Life properties in Las Vegas. Excalibur mid-week is sometimes around 30$ plus resort fee maybe, and last year there was a promotion for double points in summer.

or China and India have low rates
jinrop likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jinrop
In your shoes I think I would try to find a place I would at least enjoy visiting.

For example, Chicagoland has a number of cat 1 Hyatts and last fall I used them to get my last Globalist nights. They were even rebating 1000 per night as I recall. Better a trip here or similar than getting nothing out of some remote place IMO.

Old May 28, 2019, 3:01 pm

Try to do it with a promo, ex. last year they had a promo that gave points based on nights stayed in a tier based system. This year was points per night, etc.

Hyatt Tijuana or other Cat 1.
Vegas with promo just watch out for those resort fees.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
This would be a super newbie question so sorry for that even though this thread is flame-free.

Starting from tomorrow, a relative would be staying in one of the partner hotels of World of Hyatt. The reservation is under his name and he has booked the reservation via a third party website. I would be present at check-in. If I create a new WOH account, and simply present my ID and my membership number at check-in, would I be able to earn points and qualifying nights for the stay or to earn WOH points, it's mandatory to book directly via Hyatt.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
he has booked the reservation via a third party website.
In almost all cases this will prevent you from getting points/qualifying nights. Particularly if the website is Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, etc. The exceptions would be certain travel agents (virtuoso, prive) or possibly Visa Signature or Infinite hotel bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.