Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That was my thought exactly, but they change things so frequently, who knows if they changed it and never updated the T&C
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:25 pm

Its been a while since a stayed at a Hyatt (~3 years) and I tired to make a reservation. I was told my account was "closed" when attempting to log in. I called and was told that they delete your account if you haven't used it in 24+ months. The guy wanted me to set up a new account.

I understand having points expire and such, lots of programs do that. But is it common for Hyatt to totally delete someone and all their information from their loyalty program?

If this is really true this would run counter to the whole point of an awards program (i.e. to encourage return/repeat business).

Note: I'm new to the Hyatt forum and searched for this topic but couldn't find anything. Glad you have a flame free zone.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:23 am

I think it's fairly common to close what they consider dormant accounts. SPG closed my account years ago after I hadn't stayed there in a while.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
The last time I had activity in my Hyatt account was back in 2014; hence, my account has now been closed by Hyatt.
I have UR points that I might be interested in transferring to Hyatt.

I was able to get results for points + cash stays by entering the corporate code "51440" on hyatt.com. However, when I go to the particular hotel's website entering the same date, point + cash stay is not available. Does this discrepancy often happen?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:43 pm

I'm surprised a company would do this these days - even ignoring the hassle it causes for the customer. Basically they are throwing away valuable data on good (but not active) customers and missing out on the opportunity to regain lost business. Other companies would pay for this sort of data and Hyatt is just throwing it away...

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I think it's fairly common to close what they consider dormant accounts. SPG closed my account years ago after I hadn't stayed there in a while.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:54 am

It may not be thrown away... it's just no longer an active account. My guess is the data is saved.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:42 pm

QQ on Globalist Suite Upgrades

Is there anywhere on FT or the web in which I could potentially purchase a suite upgrade cert from a Globalist? Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:59 pm

Sorry, no. It is definitely not permitted on FT as well as the WoH TOS.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mark Depew
Is there anywhere on FT or the web in which I could potentially purchase a suite upgrade cert from a Globalist? Thanks!
Use your points to secure a suite upgrade: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-upgrades.html
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:47 pm

Does anyone have any experience booking Park Hyatt with Amex FHR? Have a stay at the Park Hyatt in Buenos Aires next month, and I'm debating whether it's worth it. I just wondered if anyone had been upgraded or had any other special additions by booking through FHR instead of Hyatt.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Expiration and definition of "activity"

Does a stay with 0 pts earned (comped night at an MGM resort) count as "activity" for the purposes of not getting your account closed / losing your points?

It shows up in my activity as "Stay - Points Earned" but the total is 0.

I am actually globalist (due to MLife status) which is says is good through Feb 2019 But I haven't had activity that earned pts since Jan 2017 (and that was just drinks at a hotel bar for 91 pts -- over a year ago) and I don't have a stay of any kind since April of 2017 (coming up on a year -- that was the comped stay in Vegas).

But as globalist I have 1 free night and 4 free upgrades. I also have some pts from before... not tons but not nothing. I'd at least like to use the free stuff.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:39 pm

I used a 1-4 category award for a free night. Should this count towards requalification or only point awards?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:31 pm

I have 4 Club Access in my account that expire in 21 days, any suggestions?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:25 am

Check into a hotel with a club & use them

Seriously, there's really nothing you can do with them unless your in a hotel with a club.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: FB Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by roland_wa
I used a 1-4 category award for a free night. Should this count towards requalification or only point awards?
We had a stay using a 1-7 category award last week, and it posted as a qualifying night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.