Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
The only logic I can think of for Hyatt coming up with this scheme is maybe they figured people would be motivated to get to 60 more quickly in the year so then they could reach for 70, 80, or 90 nights by late December and get the extra TSU but still, as you point out, there would be no way to use it over New Years.
To be honest, that is exactly my thinking and strategy for next year when I have an active travel schedule. I'll get 60 nights between the beginning and end to end of September. Thus, I'll have 4 then (I'll look to use them over new years/winter break, 2019 spring break and a two-week trip in early June 2019). I'll then get 70 nights or maybe even 80 by the end of the year, which will give me a TSU(s) to be used for a later summer trip and perhaps an october conference trip (if I have it).

Rinse and repeat. Do I wish they had a longer term -- yes! But does this part of the program work for me as is - yes!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:42 pm

Question about status change during stay....If I am currently Globalist and am losing status at the end of February....and check in Feb 26th with a March 3rd checkout, will the Globalist benefits such as free breakfast apply for the entire stay?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My guess is that they will, but you might want to call customer service and ask.

It's also up to the hotel if they do so. Sometimes they do extend otherwise unearned benefits to their guests.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Hyatt Residence Club

I just booked a stay at the Hyatt residence club in Maui in February on the Hyatt website paying the going cash rate (not the timeshare deal). Would I earn elite qualifying nights and base points for this stay? Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
I just booked a stay at the Hyatt residence club in Maui in February on the Hyatt website paying the going cash rate (not the timeshare deal). Would I earn elite qualifying nights and base points for this stay? Thanks
yes they qualify for credit as well
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by 59Impala
yes they qualify for credit as well
thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:25 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
just check your email confirmation, where the rate information is. It should state “rate is eligible for night and elite status credit” or similar.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
has anyone tried gifting the free night certs from the hyatt credit card for hotels in japan(PH/GH tokyo)? i would like to use the certs for my parents. i would book and then call in to add one of their names to the reservation.

what im worried about is that japanese hotels take a copy of the guests passport and would enquire about my whereabouts since the reservation would be under my name.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, M Life Gold, Wyndham Diamond, Caesars Diamond, IHG Plat
I have some Hyatt 1-4 Cat free night cert that I plan on not using. Can I exchange them for Hyatt points? Do I have to let them expire first?

- Hyatt 1-4 free night from Chase Visa

- Hyatt 1-4 free night from earning Explorist status.

- Hyatt 1-4 free night from staying at 5 brands.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by plzkthx
I have some Hyatt 1-4 Cat free night cert that I plan on not using. Can I exchange them for Hyatt points? Do I have to let them expire first?

- Hyatt 1-4 free night from Chase Visa

- Hyatt 1-4 free night from earning Explorist status.

- Hyatt 1-4 free night from staying at 5 brands.
You could call Hyatt and ask but I'm 99.99% sure the answer is no
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Hi! Hyatt newbie here thinking of booking a few nights at the Park Hyatt Melbourne on a Club Point Upgrade rate but have two questions:

1. The cancellation policy is pretty ambiguous as it states "Cancel By 2pm Hotel Time 24 Hours Prior - 1 Night Chg". Looking at OTAs, I have a feeling this means free cancellation up to 24 hours prior, otherwise a one night charge. But it could very well also mean one night charge as long as you cancel 24 hours prior, with anything after incurring full forfeiture.

2. In WoH, are the cash portion of charges from a Club Point Upgrade rate eligible to earn points?

Would be great if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Update: Called the reservations line and confirmed that it's the former rather than the latter and she also said that as far as she knows, this spend will be eligible to earn points.

Last edited by wuileng; Nov 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm Reason: Update
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by wuileng
Hi! Hyatt newbie here thinking of booking a few nights at the Park Hyatt Melbourne on a Club Point Upgrade rate but have two questions:

1. The cancellation policy is pretty ambiguous as it states "Cancel By 2pm Hotel Time 24 Hours Prior - 1 Night Chg". Looking at OTAs, I have a feeling this means free cancellation up to 24 hours prior, otherwise a one night charge. But it could very well also mean one night charge as long as you cancel 24 hours prior, with anything after incurring full forfeiture.

2. In WoH, are the cash portion of charges from a Club Point Upgrade rate eligible to earn points?

Would be great if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks!

Update: Called the reservations line and confirmed that it's the former rather than the latter and she also said that as far as she knows, this spend will be eligible to earn points.
I am glad I am not the only one scratching my head about the cancellation terms at some properties. The descriptions can indeed be quite ambiguous.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hi: I will be downgraded from Glob to Explorist comes March 2018. Would I receive the 4 Club Lounge Awards? Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by milemission
Hi: I will be downgraded from Glob to Explorist comes March 2018. Would I receive the 4 Club Lounge Awards? Thanks!
The wording on WoH pages suggests the awards are tied to 30 nights in the year, not status.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by milemission
I was downgraded this year from globalist to explorists and got the 4 lounge certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.