Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2020, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Sounds like you’ve never been to this property. If your looking for nightlife this Ziva is never very active after 10pm. I wouldn’t advise it (10+ stays there).
Do any of the Ziva's have active nightlife? I've only been to this one and Cabos and they were both dead.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Do any of the Ziva's have active nightlife? I've only been to this one and Cabos and they were both dead.
Only been to this one... but there’s tons of nightlife a 5 minute walk away...
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I am at Ziva Cancun now. Have been since opening date July 1.

It has been awesome. Not many guests although more are trickling in. Restaurants are opening in shifts about 1/3 to 1/2 at a time which has been fine for us.

The employees have been so kind and welcoming and you can tell it means the world to them they have been able to reopen and continue working again.
CodeAdam10 and levilevi like this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by beofotch

It has been awesome. Not many guests although more are trickling in. Restaurants are opening in shifts about 1/3 to 1/2 at a time which has been fine for us.

The employees have been so kind and welcoming and you can tell it means the world to them they have been able to reopen and continue working again.
Jealous. I hope they can maintain quality in the months ahead.... that matters more than having every venue open at all hours.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Only been to this one... but there’s tons of nightlife a 5 minute walk away...
Right, but there's a huge difference between being able to go to a nightclub (or something similar) on property when you have a 10 year old with you and having to go off property.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by beofotch

Thats great to hear. Girlfriend and I are checking out the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana and concerned. Hoping it's smooth and we can actually use some of the amenities that they offer.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:19 am

When I went a couple years ago, there was a small dance floor on the rooftop of one of the towers near that adults only pool. It was fun up there as the drinks were unlimited "at the club". But if I remember it died somewhat early around maybe 10-11. I can't imagine they will do anything like that anytime soon.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Ali Taheri
Thats great to hear. Girlfriend and I are checking out the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana and concerned. Hoping it's smooth and we can actually use some of the amenities that they offer.
Quick question, what is the mask situation? Part of my concern is constantly dealing with it. I wouldn't mind wearing it in the halls and in close quarters with people but what about at the pool/restaurants/etc?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Ali Taheri
Quick question, what is the mask situation? Part of my concern is constantly dealing with it. I wouldn't mind wearing it in the halls and in close quarters with people but what about at the pool/restaurants/etc?
Ive heard they only recommend it's worn inside the buildings. I don't believe it's required anywhere. Pool is a safety issue, I haven't heard of any pool anywhere asking people to wear one, the pool near me explicitly stated you can't lol
Ali Taheri likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:53 pm

Does anyone know if I can use a suite upgrade to get from a base room to one of the rooms in the adults only tower?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by The Law99
Does anyone know if I can use a suite upgrade to get from a base room to one of the rooms in the adults only tower?
So the two standard suites are the Club Ocean Front Corner & The Ocean Front Pyramid Suite. I had a reservation in the Ocean Front Corner in September but then the prices changed last week and I was able to do a BRG for the same dates, I figured I wouldn't bother my concierge and called the regular number and was told that the Ocean Front Corner wasn't available with a suite upgrade, the woman told me only the Turquoize Sky Ocean Front (Adults Only) and the Ocean Front Pyramid Suite were so I hung and emailed my concierge who quickly gave me the room I wanted. With all that said, it sounds like if you request the Adults only Turquoize room specifically theres a good chance you can get it since they offered it to me over the phone even though I didn't want it, it is cheaper than the other two suites.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
So the two standard suites are the Club Ocean Front Corner & The Ocean Front Pyramid Suite. I had a reservation in the Ocean Front Corner in September but then the prices changed last week and I was able to do a BRG for the same dates, I figured I wouldn't bother my concierge and called the regular number and was told that the Ocean Front Corner wasn't available with a suite upgrade, the woman told me only the Turquoize Sky Ocean Front (Adults Only) and the Ocean Front Pyramid Suite were so I hung and emailed my concierge who quickly gave me the room I wanted. With all that said, it sounds like if you request the Adults only Turquoize room specifically theres a good chance you can get it since they offered it to me over the phone even though I didn't want it, it is cheaper than the other two suites.
Very interesting. Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by The Law99
Very interesting. Thanks
Unless there's a specific reason you want the Turquoize tower, I'd highly recommend the Corner Suite. It's a lot nicer than the adult only rooms.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:19 pm

Unless there's a specific reason you want the Turquoize tower, I'd highly recommend the Corner Suite. It's a lot nicer than the adult only rooms.
I was thinking about the Turquoize tower bc the benifits sounded good. Especially the private transfer to and from the airport
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:24 pm

I have a question now lol, I didn't read the room descriptions until now. You have to have a Turquoize room to get to the top of the Turquoize tower? Is it the rooftop pool worth it? To me the main differences I see are transportation, rooftop pool & punta vista bar but smaller room if you book Turquoize (I don't care about the spa thing), and day pass to Zilara (I thought anyone could get that?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.