Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by BookerT
We are here now. It was much slower at our check-in. I asked about upgrades and was taken up to see the Club Ocean Front Master Suite in person. My family said they liked it so he told them to stay and get settled in while I went back to the lobby to finish checking in. When we got all the way back to the main building lobby he dropped "oh by the way it is an extra $100/night, that is okay right?" on me. After being up since 3AM I think I just started at him blankly because he quickly dropped it down to $80.

I feel a bit bamboozled because of the way he left my family up in the room before telling me it was not a complementary upgrade, but we like the room and are enjoying our stay so far.
Thats a bit of sneaky salesy move, but that really is a nice upgrade/price.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:18 am

I feel a bit bamboozled because of the way he left my family up in the room before telling me it was not a complementary upgrade, but we like the room and are enjoying our stay so far.
Does that room have a pull-out sofa bed?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:23 am

For anyone that needs the info, and I hope you don't - there is a doctor on site 24 hours a day. Our son got sick (required a 24 hour hospitalization in Cancun proper, but is all better and all good) while we were there. The doctor speaks English perfectly, knows the hospitals , knows the drugs and how to convert the names to "American" drug names, and its just reassuring to have someone there (while I was in the hospital with my son, my wife on site was in constant contact w/ the doctor).

The office is accessed in the TT or spa entrance, going down a level (either stairs or elevator). You can call the front desk and they will transfer you also. He was kind, pleasant and reassuring. The concierge also arranged for our prescriptions to be delivered upon discharge from the hospital.

Again, not what services you hope to use on vacation, but good to know they are there if needed.

Also, when heading to the hospital initially, the only person I asked was the front bellmen about which one to goto and to get a taxi to take us there. They proactively must have told the concierge/front desk, because the hotel called the hospital we were going to to make sure we arrived (safety check). They also knew we got back (bellman recognized us when we returned 24 hours later), and called our room to check on us to make sure we were better/needed anything.

Pretty awesome proactive service from the hotel staff all around on this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: Globallist
We are here now. It was much slower at our check-in. I asked about upgrades and was taken up to see the Club Ocean Front Master Suite in person. My family said they liked it so he told them to stay and get settled in while I went back to the lobby to finish checking in. When we got all the way back to the main building lobby he dropped "oh by the way it is an extra $100/night, that is okay right?" on me. After being up since 3AM I think I just started at him blankly because he quickly dropped it down to $80.

He should have been upfront. But c'mon. In the history of my travels, I've never been walked to a room to be shown a free upgrade. Ever. That makes no sense.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Does that room have a pull-out sofa bed?
Yes, it does. I don't think the mattress is in it though? They brought one into the room when they set it up for our daughter. So we have just been leaving it out the whole time. The 3 main seats of the couch are still accessible while it is unfolded.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
I was emailed by the concierge 2 weeks before arriving, I booked an award stay. Asked about an upgrade as a discoverist and he offered ocean front free (from resort view), or TT for $100/night. I took the TT considering we both had the $250 statement credit offer on our respective Hyatt cards. We did not pay for the upgrade until checking in.

I then asked about free airport transfer, but he said that was only on original TT bookings, not upgrades.

We were planning on doing spa anyway, not sure I'd pay for the upgrade again without the statement credit offer.
danbnash likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: A few
I am going to be staying at Zilara next week as a Globalist, booked on points into base Junior Suite King. What can one expect in terms of potential free Globalist upgrade, if anything?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I am going to be staying at Zilara next week as a Globalist, booked on points into base Junior Suite King. What can one expect in terms of potential free Globalist upgrade, if anything?
ZIva and Zilara aren’t the same place...
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:01 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
You might have better luck in this thread ... Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
ZIva and Zilara aren’t the same place...
Originally Posted by skj
You might have better luck in this thread ... Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
lol it's been too long what an idiot I am lol
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:06 pm

I am booked in a Club Ocean Front corner suite using one of my Globalist confirmed suite upgrades.
Reading through this thread, I see that alot of people recommend the Turquoize tower.
Completely putting aside any cost to change rooms or the ability to get my room type changed - Would a suite in the Turquoize tower be superior to the type of room im already confirmed in? We are 2 adults, no kids.

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by zux85
I am booked in a Club Ocean Front corner suite using one of my Globalist confirmed suite upgrades.
Reading through this thread, I see that alot of people recommend the Turquoize tower.
Completely putting aside any cost to change rooms or the ability to get my room type changed - Would a suite in the Turquoize tower be superior to the type of room im already confirmed in? We are 2 adults, no kids.

Thanks
Turquoize Tower doesn’t have any Suites. Stay in your COF Suite. You guys will be very pleased. It’s better than anything the Turquoize Tower may offer. You won’t get access to the adults only pool, if that’s a big thing to you. They have enough pools anyway.
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by zux85

Thanks
Both have pros and cons....

Corner Suite Pros:

- Truly Gorgeous large Suite.
- Fabulous Balcony with Full Sized Jacuzzi elevated w/amazing view.
- Tons of privacy

Cons:

- No Turquoize perks

Turquoize Pros (the perks):

- Free access to spa area and spa pools
- Access to rooftop pool (gorgeous) with upscale drinks available
- Better room service
- Supposed preferred access to Bastille (best food at Ziva).
- Butler (if your into that)
- Rooms (while not technically suites) are fantastic.... basically a high end “studio suite”

IF Corner Suites included Turquoize perks I’d choose the Corner Suite every time because the room is nicer and I feel somewhat “watched” in Turquoize (butlers and other staff always hovering). The Corner Suite room is phenomenal and I love how quiet they are... but since they don’t include Turquoize perks we always choose Turquoize if it’s available...

You’ll have a blast either way....
cuthroat likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:49 pm

I'm headed to the resort later this week and was reviewing the dining options and their dress codes. It seems like most of the restaurants require dress shorts and dress sandals for men. I presume a pair of khaki shorts qualifies as dress shorts, but what exactly are dress sandals. Would a pair of nice leather flip flops qualify? What would you recommend for wearing to Lorenzo's, Tradewinds, or Habanero's for dinner?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, WN A-List
Dress code

For Tradewinds or Lorenzo’s I always wear khaki shorts and Sperry/boat shoes. Never tried dress sandals before. Habaneros is on the beach. For lunch is very casual, flip flops just fine. Never had dinner there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.