Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Not to be weird or anything, but my family and I were in 1506 2 weeks ago, probably checked out right before your arrival... I *SWEAR* we didn't break that curtain pull
I'll do you one even BETTER.

I was in 1506 in October and there was NO window blind there at ALL. Someone had ripped it out. We called and they came in to attempt to fix it. The guy apparently could not figure it out. No bueno. We ended up having to stack a bunch of pillows and crap against the window to keep the morning sun out of our eyes.

Sounds like they "fixed it" after we left.

I still love this place despite the small naggles. The beds are not the comfiest. I usually ask for an extra duvet cover to put over the mattress and that helps.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:28 am

Loving the 1506 crew here!
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:58 pm

I've got two reservations - one night in a double room and 3 nights in a king all booked on points at end of March. Ideally we'd want the king room since its just two of us (Globalist). Does anyone know the process or email on who to contact to hopefully request us in the same room the entire stay?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Scifience
Anyone else having issues with getting the 4x points from the Chase Hyatt Visa with this property?

I was charged (in advance) for an upcoming stay, and it posted as "travel agencies" at 1x with a merchant name of "WL *Hyatt Ziva Cancun." I've called Chase and they say they'll escalate, but the helpful agent from the JPM line noted that despite me booking through Hyatt.com it appears to have been charged through some third-party processor (hence the WL in front)...
did you ever get this fixed? i recently checked out and am having the same issue. booked direct and was charged before stay in full and is only coming up as 1x
Old Feb 26, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by downwithrk
did you ever get this fixed? i recently checked out and am having the same issue. booked direct and was charged before stay in full and is only coming up as 1x
I did; Chase sent me a letter about eight weeks later saying they had confirmed it should be eligible for 4x and that they were manually crediting the additional points. Unfortunately, based on your report, it doesn't sound like the root cause was addressed...
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:23 pm

Looks like the only suite eligible for a SUA is the "Club Ocean Front Corner Suite" now.

Is the "Club Ocean Front Corner Suite" better? Should I ask for this suite as an upgrade as a Globalist?

Last edited by angellt; Apr 19, 2024 at 10:09 pm
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by angellt
Looks like the only suite eligible for a SUA is the "Club Ocean Front Corner Suite" now.

Is the "Club Ocean Front Corner Suite" better? Should I ask for this suite as an upgrade as a Globalist?
I've stayed in this suite and was very impressed with it. Very spacious and an extra bathroom. Club tower wasn't crowded and my suite had an amazing ocean front view with a large balcony with an outdoor hot tub.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist
Can also confirm that the Club Ocean Front Corner Suite is fantastic. Beautiful unobstructed views and felt very private. Loved the outdoor hot tub and huge amount of balcony space to relax on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.