Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Park City Utah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Park City Utah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by evergrn
I understand it’s easy to catch the shuttle from the hotel to the slopes, but not viceversa. What’s it like to walk back to the hotel from either the base of Waldorf Gondola or Cabriolet? Has anyone done that?

Ive stayed at Waldorf a bunch of times and so I have a sense of distance. But in the winter time, the road from Hyatt Place up towards Waldorf seem kind of icy and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of space for pedestrians when snow is piled up in the side of the road. Doesn’t look that safe, but I’ve never actually done it. Is the shuttle really the only option after all?

Btw the manager James Allred… his responses to Hyatt.com reviews are so short and almost sound condescending. Doesn’t seem like he takes customers’ opinions seriously.
Not sure how long ago your experiences on this are... but in the last couple of years they have built a sidewalk (very wide one, part of the Millennial Trail network) that goes the length of Copper Lane (the road between the two properties). That road is a little steep (not a lot steep), just enough that I won't walk up it in ski boots (I live near the bottom of the road). As for coming him, when there's sufficient snow I do ski (some poling, some coasting) along side of the road to get next to the HP.

No way I would walk in either direction to the Cab, but to the Gondola ok (but note, the Gondola doesn't operate regularly, they are too cheap to operate it in summer and this week it was down from a day or two for mechanical purposes - same as Tombstone and Saddleback lifts, so amateur).
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Not sure how long ago your experiences on this are... but in the last couple of years they have built a sidewalk (very wide one, part of the Millennial Trail network) that goes the length of Copper Lane (the road between the two properties). That road is a little steep (not a lot steep), just enough that I won't walk up it in ski boots (I live near the bottom of the road). As for coming him, when there's sufficient snow I do ski (some poling, some coasting) along side of the road to get next to the HP.

No way I would walk in either direction to the Cab, but to the Gondola ok (but note, the Gondola doesn't operate regularly, they are too cheap to operate it in summer and this week it was down from a day or two for mechanical purposes - same as Tombstone and Saddleback lifts, so amateur).
Thanks, wow you live right there?! Very fortunate that you’re here to answer these very esoteric questions!

Ive stayed at Waldorf 4x in the past 2yrs (never at HP), but I guess I don’t remember well. I don’t remember any wide sidewalk on Cooper Ln but then again I’ve always just driven that road and don’t remember well.

Google says it’s 6min walk from Waldorf Gondola to HP. I would be walking with kids. I don’t think I would do it in ski boots, definitely not carrying skis/poles with kids in tow. Do you think 6min sounds about right? How does that walk from Waldorf Gondola compare to the walk from the shuttle stop in the other side of the highway in terms of time and trouble?

I’m trying to think about my options to get to/from the slopes and whether HP is going to work out. We’re renting skis. Usually do it at that Aloha next to Waldorf Gondola. They do ski valet but I’m not sure they’d keep your boots also and, even if they did, that’s a really small place to be gearing up at in the morning. Plus I understand the shuttle from HP goes to Canyons Village not Frostwood, so that Aloha wouldn’t work for taking shuttle to the mountain in the morning even though it’s convenient for walking back from Waldorf base on the way back to HP. I guess the other option is to just do paid garage at Canyons Village each day and then rent skis in one of the big shops up there.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:04 am

I’m trying to think about my options to get to/from the slopes and whether HP is going to work out. We’re renting skis. Usually do it at that Aloha next to Waldorf Gondola. They do ski valet but I’m not sure they’d keep your boots also and, even if they did, that’s a really small place to be gearing up at in the morning. Plus I understand the shuttle from HP goes to Canyons Village not Frostwood, so that Aloha wouldn’t work for taking shuttle to the mountain in the morning even though it’s convenient for walking back from Waldorf base on the way back to HP. I guess the other option is to just do paid garage at Canyons Village each day and then rent skis in one of the big shops up there.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's Cooper Ln I think (I frequently get it wrong).
I walk slow, and for someone with kids... 10-15 minutes sounds better.
The sidewalk is new, only built after they completed the golf course (actually a year or two later as they completed other landscaping) - so maybe three years ago? The Millennial Trail runs from KJ all the way into Old Town.

I can't believe the HP Shuttle wouldn't drop you at Aloha (or the traffic circle) on its way up to the upper base, especially if you tip the driver.
There's also a High Valley Transit free shuttle (just put in service this summer, totally new) and you can download that app - it works like Uber but it's frequently not available and thus not reliable.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:45 pm

Thanks.

I don’t think HP has shuttle service. If they did, it would make like so much easier.
I will have to look into this free High Valley shuttle service.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Thanks.

I don’t think HP has shuttle service. If they did, it would make like so much easier.
I will have to look into this free High Valley shuttle service.
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ut...transportation

The HP had shuttle service when I stayed a couple years ago, and the website indicates they still do. I don't remember it being particularly noteworthy. It was good for a free-night ski weekend.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I stayed at the Hyatt Place Park City for 6 nights (5 skiing days) last week, used 4 Free Night awards and 30K points. Hyatt Globalist with ~ 70 actual nights last year, 70% in various Hyatt Places (FL, NJ, FL, CA, UT). Traveling solo, no car.

Lyft (5 minute wait, $42 plus tip) from SLC airport to the hotel, Lyft scheduled night before (arrived 10 minutes early, app said he would wait but I was ready, $46 plus tip) from hotel to SLC. Hilton 3x points for Lyft airport rides posted to Hilton Honors account almost immediately.

Hotel is clean, appropriate numbered staff is universally gracious. I’ve been skiing for almost 60 years, 3-5 trips per year for the past 25 years, I understand the ski-resort seasonal employee situation. The (seasonal) staff at this hotel has poorer-than-typical command of English; upon asking the first time for “a cup of ice” at breakfast, the breakfast staff person gestured “1 minute” with his finger and ran to get the front desk agent.

Typical new build Hyatt Place large room with separate bedroom and sofa areas, dresser with 3 large drawers, mini-fridge, small coffee maker, large walk-in shower. No in room safe. Lots of towels upon arrival, didn’t have to ask for extras as I often do. No issues with heat and heating controls. Told of every 3 day housekeeping upon check-in. Large reasonably well equipped fitness center. Outdoor pool & hot-tub with nearby restrooms and lots of towels.

The hotel is 3 separate buildings, North and South buildings each 2 floors with about 20 rooms per floor. Central building has check-in desk, fitness center, bar (with limited dining menu), breakfast area, snacks/toiletries for sale, business center (2 computers, 1 printer), access to pool, small ski-rental shop and 10 rooms on the second floor. Appears to be plenty of free parking. Must walk 5-10 yards covered outside not well cleared of snow/ice to get from North or South building to Central building. At check-in I requested a room in the Central building, offered and accepted 2 Queens vice 1 King.

Breakfast was tasteless scrambled eggs, sausage or thin tasteless bacon, and a third hot dish (either pancakes, waffles, tasteless small churros with chocolate, some kind of repulsive pulled pork or some other sort of meat which was unidentifiable). Coffee and tea station, very tasty red grapes, fresh whole strawberries & blueberries, fresh cut pineapple or cantaloupe, apples, bananas, juices, dry cereals, bagels, breads, vanilla Geek yogurt.

Many organizations adhere to an expression akin to “attention to detail”. This hotel seems to do the opposite, I felt like I was being “nickel and dimed” to dissatisfaction, many small concerns any one of which is insignificant but combined are objectionable. Malfunctioning alarm clock which required replacement, desk light which either flickered or was steady at a very low level, 2 of 3 large dresser drawers would not stay shut, missing control knobs and handles for gym equipment, one (of 2) computers with “down for maintenance” message the entire duration of my stay, sidewalk on hotel property to inbound bus stop NOT cleared of snow and ice.

After wasting an hour obtaining a new alarm clock-radio and half an hour with the engineer looking at the dresser drawers (and not being able to repair) I gave up and stopped trying to get problems fixed.

By far, the most annoying aspect of this SKI hotel is getting to and from the ski lifts (and anywhere else). The hotel does NOT have its own dedicated shuttle (which is desperately needed and would massively increase guest satisfaction and many other ski hotels/lodges have). The bus stop TO the lifts (covered shelter with 3-4 seats) is right in front of the hotel, about 15 yard walk from the entrance. The bus stop FROM the lifts (sign on the side of the road) is across a busy 5 lane state highway at an intersection with a traffic light about 200 yards from the hotel. The sidewalk along those 200 yards is offset from the road and was NOT cleared of snow and ice, it was somewhere under 2-3 feet of snow and despite walking that route 5 times I didn’t know the sidewalk was there until I wrote this and looked at Google Maps satellite image (which shows no snow).

So, when going TO the lifts (inbound, by free bus), most likely in ski boots and carrying skis, one has to walk about 15 yards, half on the hotel entranceway driveway and then half on an icy sidewalk which the hotel SHOULD clear. Upon getting OFF the bus after skiing, one must walk (backtrack) 5-10 yards to the intersection, wait for the light, then cross the road and walk 200 yards facing traffic, half in a left right turn lane and half on the shoulder of a busy 2 lanes in each direction state highway, and then another 20 yards to the hotel entrance. (At least the one time a snowblower was clearing snow from the adjacent parking lot and blowing the snow onto the road where I had to walk, the operator stopped long enough for me to walk by without blown snow being thrown on me. )

There’s only 1 bus route with stops at the hotel, supposed to run every 15 minutes. The bus ride to/from the Canyons Cabriolet is about 3-5 minutes (1 other possible stop) depending on traffic lights, to/from main Park City base area 10-15 minutes (6-8 possible stops) depending on traffic volume and lights. Skis and poles go inside the bus although I coughed up the $10 per night and checked my skis and poles most nights at the base of the lifts. I took the bus 11 times, for my one trip to the Outlets (near Kimble Junction) I took a Lyft going (10-15 minute wait, $15 plus tip) and for return the bus arrived as I was about to call a Lyft. Of those 11 bus rides I waited 0 (zero) minutes 5 times, about 5 minutes 2 times, 15 minutes 3 times and one time waited about 45 minutes.

I didn’t know of the Cooper Lane route, didn’t attempt it. The distance from the hotel to the cabriolet is probably a little longer than what I would consider “walkable” and with no accessible sidewalk (and likely walking with traffic from the back) is not walkable. I did have to take the bus to the main Park City base area once (to visit a boot shop) and from that base area twice, unfortunately once each way on a Saturday. On that Saturday going to the lifts I waited zero minutes but the ride (which should be 10-15 minutes) took 50 minutes/6 stops and the driver suggested we all get off one stop prior to the base area and walk the rest of the way. After finishing skiing (and visiting the boot shop) that day, the wait for the bus at the main base area was 45 minutes and the 3 people waiting next to me for the same bus called an Uber which arrived 15 minutes later at the same time as the bus. (Unfortunately, having not skied at all last year, I forgot Ski Rule #1: no skiing Park City (or Vail) on a Saturday! )

Overall 3 stars out of 5. Dedicated shuttle would add 1 point, no “nickel and diming” would add another point. I used Free Night awards and Hyatt points, had I paid the rack rate I would have been much more annoyed and dissatisfied. The hotel absolutely should have its own shuttle, given no shuttle the hotel should clear the walkway to the inbound bus stop.

(On the Google Maps satellite images below I’ve circled the bus stops (closest to the hotel) in yellow, circled the snow buried sidewalk in aqua, red line on the top image indicates the drive to the Cabriolet and on the lower zoomed-in image the walk FROM the bus stop to the hotel. Same 2 bus stops circled in yellow on both images. One end of Cooper Lane in upper right of top image.)

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jan 14, 2022 at 4:16 pm Reason: typo, it's a RIGHT turn lane (forehead slap)
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
So points for breakfast quantity. Quality on par with any other zero quality breakfast at HP.

Nickel and diming implies spending cash. How did you spend cash?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:09 pm

@Dr JabadskiThanks a lot for such comprehensive review and information.How long did it take you to walk in snow/ice from the bus stop back to Hyatt Place at the end of the day? My kids are probably going to complain about that one.

I also did not know that the bus takes you to the bottom of cabriolet, not to the canyons base. That just seems painful. As I recall, there is always a bit of line to get on Cabriolet at the end of the day, so you have to deal with that then take the Cab down and then wait for the bus, and then deal with the walk from the bus stop back to the hotel.

it just seems like, if you’re staying at this hotel, the easiest thing to do would be to just drive to the slopes. Wouldnt you agree?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by hedoman
So points for breakfast quantity. Quality on par with any other zero quality breakfast at HP.
There was more fresh fruit than I expected; fresh whole strawberries & blueberries, fresh cut pineapple or cantaloupe (alternating mornings), red grapes, whole apples wrapped in cling wrap, whole bananas (at random levels of ripeness), bulk Greek (vanilla) yogurt vice individual sized traditional or Greek yogurt. Not terrible. The 3 hot dishes certainly are on par with little quality.

Originally Posted by hedoman
Nickel and diming implies spending cash. How did you spend cash?
No, no cash. In fact a few weeks ago at Hyatt Place Keystone I asked the front desk (agent) for change (2 fives and 10 singles) for a $20 bill for tips, was told “can’t do it, all of Vail Resorts are now cashless”. I meant “nickel and diming” as “to impair, weaken, or defeat piecemeal (as through a series of small incursions)”; no major compensation worthy issues, just a bunch of annoying issues.

@Dr Jabadski Thanks a lot for such comprehensive review and information. How long did it take you to walk in snow/ice from the bus stop back to Hyatt Place at the end of the day?
You’re welcome, my pleasure. From the bus: 1 minute walk from bus to intersection, press button, wait 1-2 minutes for crossing light which changes pretty quickly to a 25 second countdown, 1-2 minutes (in ski boots) to cross street, about 5-10 minutes to the hotel. Children would need to be watched like a hawk, it’s a busy street with vehicles averaging 45-50 MPH as they drive by (unless it’s Saturday morning when traffic is bumper to bumper). Fortunately you’re facing the traffic (for that part of the walk). More than once a car pulled into the right turn lane, saw me walking on the road at the side of the lane and pulled back into the right main lane of traffic until past me. I thought every moment about how hard that snow and ice (piled 3 feet high to the edge of the road) would feel if I had to jump onto it to avoid (being hit by) a car.

That same bus (stop) at the main Park City base area is 40-50 yard walk, mostly uphill or with 2 flights of stairs, to shops, restrooms and lifts.

[MENTION=341876] I also did not know that the bus takes you to the bottom of cabriolet, not to the canyons base. That just seems painful. As I recall, there is always a bit of line to get on Cabriolet at the end of the day, so you have to deal with that then take the Cab down and then wait for the bus, and then deal with the walk from the bus stop back to the hotel.
Same bus goes to (10 yards from the) base of Cabriolet or to Park City main base area, 2 stops or 6-8 stops. Only times I waited in line for the Cabriolet was Saturday at the end of the day and that line moves very quickly. Cabriolet is 5 minute open air standing ride to Canyons Village, then 10 yard walk to restrooms, day-lockers, shops and gondola, another 10 yards to the Orange Bubble Express.

[MENTION=341876] … it just seems like, if you’re staying at this hotel, the easiest thing to do would be to just drive to the slopes. Wouldnt you agree?
Not sure driving to the slopes is the answer, not sure about parking. I don’t think there’s much public parking close to the village and lifts, think most parking close to the village is for guests of the various lodging facilities, seems most of the Canyons Village public parking is at the base of the Cabriolet. And the main reason I never have a (rental) car when skiing: don’t have to think about clearing snow from a car, happy to “leave the driving to us” (someone else). But I’m usually solo when skiing, answer is probably different based on number, ages and temperament of children and spouses.

("Go Greyhound and Leave the Driving to Us" is the advertising slogan used by Greyhound Lines, Inc. starting in 1956.")

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jul 6, 2022 at 1:30 pm Reason: typo correction
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:00 am

Good job Dr. Jab, especially with the maps. Given that I live right in this area, and have used this hotel many times for guests or to burn a "worthless" Cat 4 to earn a hotel run one night credit, I'll comment.

The sidewalk is maybe icy and not walkable 10 days in a year. Some due to global warming maybe, some due to past years the commercial property owners and city/county not have labor shortages, some due to bad snow years - who knows - but it's rare that even a couple days after a foot dump that the street and sidewalk don't have much of their snow melt away.

Your walk in the morning details are quite accurate. I'll estimate the walk back in afternoon (from bus stop, across Hwy 224) is exaggerated and more like 100m not 200m. All that said, for a HP no where near the mtn and not having a shuttle these distances are kind of attractive, and for the price... after all expectations are this isn't ski in/out. And, the poor reliability on the new Spiro HV buses routes 101 and 105 really sucks (labor shortage they say, whatever I say) - but that's not the property's fault.

As for the property itself, well, does anyone expect that free breakfast to be anything but absolute fake food no nutricion borderline poison (sugars, seed oils, saturated fats) for the body crap? Again, it's a HP. And, thanks for the trip back to the '90s with the comment on the alarm clock. I mean, I'm almost 60 and still have one on my nightstand, but with an iPhone (I suspect an Android is no different) who uses one of those lol.

For the expert to extreme level type skier who is very comfortable hiking/walking in boots while schlep, ah, carrying skis, the best way to return to the property at day-end is to ski down under the Waldorf Gondola then walk from there to the rear entrance of the property. For a family, the best plan is to pay up for ski in/out, or face the wrath of the kids (which I do weekly with my seven year old HAHA when I make her use the bus).
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
You’re welcome, my pleasure. From the bus: 1 minute walk from bus to intersection, press button, wait 1-2 minutes for crossing light which changes pretty quickly to a 25 second countdown, 1-2 minutes (in ski boots) to cross street, about 5-10 minutes to the hotel. Children would need to be watched like a hawk, it’s a busy street with vehicles averaging 45-50 MPH as they drive by (unless it’s Saturday morning when traffic is bumper to bumper). Fortunately you’re facing the traffic (for that part of the walk). More than once a car pulled into the right turn lane, saw me walking on the road at the side of the lane and pulled back into the right main lane of traffic until past me. I thought every moment about how hard that snow and ice (piled 3 feet high to the edge of the road) would feel if I had to jump onto it to avoid (being hit by) a car.

That same bus (stop) at the main Park City base area is 40-50 yard walk, mostly uphill or with 2 flights of stairs, to shops, restrooms and lifts.

Same bus goes to (10 yards from the) base of Cabriolet or to Park City main base area, 2 stops or 6-8 stops. Only times I waited in line for the Cabriolet was Saturday at the end of the day and that line moves very quickly. Cabriolet is 5 minute open air standing ride to Canyons Village, then 10 yard walk to restrooms, day-lockers, shops and gondola, another 10 yards to the Orange Bubble Express.

Not sure driving to the slopes is the answer, not sure about parking. I don’t think there’s much public parking close to the village and lifts, think most parking close to the village is for guests of the various lodging facilities, seems most of the Canyons Village public parking is at the base of the Cabriolet. And the main reason I never have a (rental) car when skiing: don’t have to think about clearing snow from a car, happy to “leave the driving to us” (someone else). But I’m usually solo when skiing, answer is probably different based on number and ages and temperament of children and spouses.
Thanks a lot again!
I called a few of the rental shops at the base that I’ve rented from before and surprisingly they don’t keep your shoes/boots. You have to arrive and leave in boots, and I just think it’s not going to be easy on kids at the end of the day heading back to HP.
I think I will drive to the base of Cabriolet and park there. In the meantime, I will keep my fingers crossed that the Centric opens up although I’m not optimistic since they don’t seem to readily give out standard rooms for points during busy seasons even if they’re available.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:17 am

Thanks a lot again!

I think I will drive to the base of Cabriolet and park there. In the meantime, I will keep my fingers crossed that the Centric opens up although I’m not optimistic since they don’t seem to readily give out standard rooms for points during busy seasons even if they’re available.
I nearly refuse to drive to the bottom of the Cab lot. Unless you either arrive (on snow days, less so on no-recent-snow days) before 8:30a or waiting until say 11:30a and catch someone leaving, you'll still park with a 100m or double that walk (car to lift), and have to put the boots on in the lot (I hate that). There are some parking options up the mountain (pay at Grand Summit - $20?... pay in lot across from new Montage... a couple secret spots some know of).

Given how crazy easy it is to go hotel>Cab by bus in the morning, I would do that then just Uber/Lyft home in the afternoon (when Cab>hotel is not crazy easy) and avoid the whole car for skiing thing, but as noted I hate using the car for skiing.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:09 am

Thanks a lot again! …
You’re welcome a lot again 😊!

I nearly refuse to drive to the bottom of the Cab lot. …
Given how crazy easy it is to go hotel>Cab by bus in the morning, …
Agree with NOT driving to the Cabriolet, large parking lot with most parking quite a walk from the Cab. The bus ride TO the Cab is easy, I got a seat every time and even if standing it’s very short, usually non-stop to the Cab. (Only 1 other on-demand stop between the hotel and the Cab, bus never stopped there during my 5 rides.)

Not sure what to suggest for getting back to the Hyatt Place FROM the slopes. There are not a lot of Lyft cars available in Park City. Each time I opened Lyft app (4-5 times) it showed 2 or 3 vehicles in Park City area. The one time I called a Lyft, at about 5pm on a Monday to go from hotel to the Outlets, it showed 2 vehicles in Park City, indicated mine would arrive in 15 minutes, changed drivers twice, after waiting 10 minutes indicted it would arrive in 15 (more) minutes and the vehicle ultimately pulled up 4 minutes later after total wait of 14 minutes. I scheduled a Lyft for airport return the night before, he arrived the next morning 10-15 minutes prior to the 20 minute timeframe specified on the app. I did not open the Uber app at all during the trip.

On Saturday 1/8/22, about 4pm, while waiting for the (outbound 101) bus (which took 45 minutes) at the main base area, the 3 people waiting next to me (I remember because one was wearing red Park City “I” uniform parka and pants and he spoke VERY LOUDLY) called an Uber after one of them (red “I” guy) yelled at 2 different inbound 101 bus drivers. It took that Uber about 15-20 minutes to arrive (at just about the same time as the bus arrived).

There is an app for High Valley transit which supposedly indicates their real-time bus schedule to each stop; I couldn’t find helpful information on the app, not sure if that was due to my unfamiliarity or a deficiency of the app.

FWIW, the Sunrise lift (from the Hyatt Centric) was closed every one of the 5 days that I skied (Jan 7 – 11). Don’t remember if the trail leading to Hyatt Centric was also closed, I think it was closed, don't recall seeing any ski or snowboard tracks on that trail. Don’t know if and/or what the Hyatt Centric did to compensate for (possibly) not being “ski-in, ski-out”. Can easily check (even a quasi-luddite, more accurately a techno-minimal-experience, like me) (apparently accurate) lift status on the EpicMix app or the (Vail Resorts) ski area’s website.

… I hate using the car for skiing.
Oh yeah, that ^, violently agree!

BREAK, slightly off topic rant: All of this would be moot if the hotel would simply have a shuttle. Many ski lodging facilities have shuttles which often have (something like) “Courtesy of Chevrolet (or) Mercedes” painted or decaled on the sides. I’m not in the business but it appears that these shuttles are provided to the lodging facilities at no or low cost, lodging facility only has to provide a driver and even that could probably be contracted out. A shuttle seems to be a low cost way of dramatically improving guest enjoyment and satisfaction. Perhaps another example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:26 am

Agree, hotel just needs a shuttle.

The HV app is more unreliable than the bus (see reasons I offer above, but for the app add that it's just not yet working it's very new).

I guess I would suggest using Uber (Lyft barely exists in PC, and unlike most cities I find Uber is cheaper than lift in PC) like an hour or two before needed and start looking at estimated wait times and plan accordingly... like if it's an hour then order an hour before you'll be done, if it's 10 minutes don't confirm that ride and re-cycle in 10 minute incrememts - that's what I do with the HV app).
Old Feb 27, 2022, 6:00 am

Just finished up a stay here.

Accommodation:
An average Hyatt Place - clean, comfortable but no frills.
Towels below average for HP… I got some really worn out towels and one has a large stain on it.
Breakfast above average for HP… strawberries, grapes and blueberries everyday even in winter! Also pineapples one morning. Solid assortment of cereals and toppings. Don’t eat the sausage, though.
Breakfast starts at 7am, which is too late when all skiers are aiming to be out by 8.30am. There are no places to sit between 7.20-8.20.
Beds totally fine, average HP quality.
No daily housekeeping, but I got everything I needed promptly upon request.
Wifi very fast here.
No Globalist upgrade.
North Bldg is connected to the Main Bldg (where lobby and breakfast are) via very short outdoor but covered stairs/ramp. Not sure about the other bldg.

ACCESS TO SLOPES:
Saw some people take bus to the slope, but that seems extremely inconvenient. I think everything DrJabadski said was true. Saw people waiting with gears out in the cold…. who wants to do that? And the sidewalk to walk back on along the highway was never plowed the entire time… only snowed 2” over the course of ~75 hrs I was there.
You should just drive to the Cabriolet parking lot if you have a car. It’s a 2-min drive. If you get there by 8.45am on a weekday, you will get to park close to the gondola and there will be pretty much no wait to get on the gondola. The lot seemed full each day but I’m not sure by when it would typically fill up.
I m so glad that I didn’t waste the extra 45k points to stay at the Centric. The lift serving Centric was not even open the entire time I was there. By driving to Cabriolet, HP is probably more convenient to the slopes than the Centric.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.