Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Park City Utah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Place Park City Utah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:37 pm

Horrible Experience

Horrible Experience (0 Photo)

Hello. This is the first online review I have ever posted. Me, my wife, my daughter and her friend went to stay at the Hyatt Place in Park City for 2 nights. Our goal was to get away for a quick vacation and lounge by the pool. We arrived and found the pool and pool area to be pathetically small. There was literally nowhere to sit. Not a chair. Not a lounge chair. So we informed the front desk this hotel would not work and we were leaving to go to a another hotel. We only put our bags inside the room and left the room exactly as we found it an hour earlier. They are now refusing to refund both nights...only refunding one night...and the manager, James Allred, will not provide me with the franchise owner's information so I can discuss it with him. This is the worst customer experience I have ever encountered and I will do everything in my power to let people know about the horrible experience I had at this "hotel". We went up to the Hyatt Centric just up the road and they were incredible as always. Please do us all a favor and do not support this hotel and the way the treat their customers. (By the way, we are members of Hyatt). Thank you for reading.

Horrible Experience

Would you like to write a review on the ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 10, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
DO NOT TRUST THIS PROPERTY

I had a reservation with a 24 hour cancellation policy. I obtained my cancellation confirmation (PNR?) in email showing I cancelled at 3:51p local time. The property charged me for my stay, claiming check in time is 3p and I was 51 minutes late! I even had my concierge call and attempt to get it refunded, but the management refused to (and I have four or five stays at this property since it opened). Really, 51 minutes, for my $150?? Shame on the property (even if I was 51 minutes late), and "rules are rules"... I can't see why they can't look past 51 minutes for a frequent guest (who is also Diamond) over a lousy $150 one night stay.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canyonleo

I had a reservation with a 24 hour cancellation policy. I obtained my cancellation confirmation (PNR?) in email showing I cancelled at 3:51p local time. The property charged me for my stay, claiming check in time is 3p and I was 51 minutes late! I even had my concierge call and attempt to get it refunded, but the management refused to (and I have four or five stays at this property since it opened). Really, 51 minutes, for my $150?? Shame on the property (even if I was 51 minutes late), and "rules are rules"... I can't see why they can't look past 51 minutes for a frequent guest (who is also Diamond) over a lousy $150 one night stay.
As much as I can empathize with your situation, I dont think its fair to say DO NOT TRUST THIS PROPERTY. If anything it sounds like, based on your description, that you should trust the property to stick to the exact agreement?

It really sucks when you forget to cancel a stay or when you have a last minute change of plans - but you did sign up to their cancelation terms when you made the reservation and, as tough a pill as it is to swallow, it seems like theyre well within their rights not to refund you for the night.

Now, as to whether its going to impact your decision to go back there again? Thats a different thing entirely.
ewoo, FlyHappy33, Kacee and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Understand the frustration and agree hotel could be tolerant, but still I dont quite understand what you missing a deadline has to do with not TRUSTING the property
TerryK likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 10, 2021 at 9:52 pm
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
As much as I can empathize with your situation, I dont think its fair to say DO NOT TRUST THIS PROPERTY. If anything it sounds like, based on your description, that you should trust the property to stick to the exact agreement?

It really sucks when you forget to cancel a stay or when you have a last minute change of plans - but you did sign up to their cancelation terms when you made the reservation and, as tough a pill as it is to swallow, it seems like theyre well within their rights not to refund you for the night.

Now, as to whether its going to impact your decision to go back there again? Thats a different thing entirely.
Hey, I'm not saying I wasn't wrong (by 51 minutes), nor I never agreed to some terms, nor they are not within some rights.. I'm giving my opinion that one should not trust the property. If they are unwilling to offer a level of customer loyalty that looks past 51 minutes, what might they do when it's 10 minutes? It's my opinion, don't trust them.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Understand the frustration and agree hotel could be tolerant, but still I dont quite understand what you missing a deadline has to do with not TRUSTING the property
If the hotel has that attitude of customer loyalty, to make a $150 off a repeat customer, then take that as a data point. If you think "I can trust that" then your decision. If I think "that's not good customer loyalty and I wonder what it might do in a different situation" then that's my opinion, as posted. And we've both expressed our views for others to read and learn from, here

I cancelled a day before, way before midnight. It was 24 hours well before I would have arrived and checked in and obtained a time-stamped cancel code (PNR), just only 23:09 hours before they "opened" for check in.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hey, I'm not saying I wasn't wrong (by 51 minutes), nor I never agreed to some terms, nor they are not within some rights.. I'm giving my opinion that one should not trust the property. If they are unwilling to offer a level of customer loyalty that looks past 51 minutes, what might they do when it's 10 minutes? It's my opinion, don't trust them.
Even if its 10 seconds, theyre still in the right in that situation. Both sides need to hold up on their side of the agreement. If anything it seems like they shouldnt be willing to trust you to not renege on the agreement

Either way, this doesnt really seem like a matter of trust. Its more a matter of whether they go above and beyond to please a customer (even when going above and beyond means that the customer wont actually be a customer!).
Kacee and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Even if its 10 seconds, theyre still in the right in that situation. Both sides need to hold up on their side of the agreement. If anything it seems like they shouldnt be willing to trust you to not renege on the agreement

Either way, this doesnt really seem like a matter of trust. Its more a matter of whether they go above and beyond to please a customer (even when going above and beyond means that the customer wont actually be a customer!).
Where did I say I was wronged, that it's not in their right? That's not my point, I never wrote that.

If they don't trust me, maybe they should post in the thread. I don't trust them, I posted it. Are you arguing that I must trust them, that I'm not allowed to distrust them, that for me and my opinion it's not a matter of trust? (that's a rhetorical question, I'm sure others don't want to read your view on my having a logical or illogical opinion)
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:15 am

And, no, they should not be ridiculous over 10 seconds, contract or no contract (nor did I say they would be).
Old Feb 11, 2021, 6:21 am

Where did I say I was wronged, that it's not in their right? That's not my point, I never wrote that.

If they don't trust me, maybe they should post in the thread. I don't trust them, I posted it. Are you arguing that I must trust them, that I'm not allowed to distrust them, that for me and my opinion it's not a matter of trust? (that's a rhetorical question, I'm sure others don't want to read your view on my having a logical or illogical opinion)
At the risk of going too far off topic (topic being "the hotel sticks to the terms very rigidly and doesn't provide flexibility beyond the terms of the agreement"), "being wronged" was kind of implied in your post. Informing others not to trust the property (implying they're not trust worthy and have done something to you to bring you to that conclusion) and saying that they were "claiming check in time is 3pm and I was 51 minutes late", implying that check in time wasn't actually 3pm and you weren't actually 51 minutes late.

Again, based on your report, it doesn't seem like the property offers great flexibility and doesn't take a "customer is always right" type approach to customer satisfaction. But it also doesn't seem like anything untrustworthy or nefarious happened either (unless there were other factors left out of the initial post).

Originally Posted by canyonleo , emphasis is coleslaw's

I had a reservation with a 24 hour cancellation policy. I obtained my cancellation confirmation (PNR?) in email showing I cancelled at 3:51p local time. The property charged me for my stay, claiming check in time is 3p and I was 51 minutes late!
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I guess we have a different understanding of the word „TRUST“.
for me this means, I believe what my counter part says and that the counterpart sticks to their promise or word or contract in this case. another word for trust is confidence, belief, faith, honesty.

vice versa, the hotel in this case cannot TRUST you either.

not TRUSTING the hotel would be you showing up at checkin time and them not granting the reservation.

I will not comment further.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:49 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I will not comment further.
Thank you ! These last few posts have headed off into the weeds.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
booking away from this property on account of what happened to canyonleo

oops they just lost $150
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by stvr
booking away from this property on account of what happened to canyonleo

oops they just lost $150
Lots of options in Park City, even other Hyatt ones. Feel free to post or PM if you have an local questions.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:29 am

I understand its easy to catch the shuttle from the hotel to the slopes, but not viceversa. Whats it like to walk back to the hotel from either the base of Waldorf Gondola or Cabriolet? Has anyone done that?

Ive stayed at Waldorf a bunch of times and so I have a sense of distance. But in the winter time, the road from Hyatt Place up towards Waldorf seem kind of icy and there doesnt seem to be a lot of space for pedestrians when snow is piled up in the side of the road. Doesnt look that safe, but Ive never actually done it. Is the shuttle really the only option after all?

Btw the manager James Allred his responses to Hyatt.com reviews are so short and almost sound condescending. Doesnt seem like he takes customers opinions seriously.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.