Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Park City Utah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Place Park City Utah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 26, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Any updates? Uh, it's winter? Can you be more specific?
Sure: are there any updates on recent experiences Flyertalkers have had at this property since the last post nine months ago?

Does that help you?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Any recent updates from this winter? I was able to use two Cat 1-4 certificates for a weekend stay in February. I have an Ikon pass so planning to drive to Deer Valley. Paging @Dr Jabadski who usually has great info on Hyatt skiing options in case he has any updates from this winter.
Thank you for the compliment, my apologies for my tardy reply, hope it’s in time for your weekend. (Please, had you quoted or liked one of my previous posts on this thread I would have been notified upon login and would have posted again immediately.)

I stayed here for 5 nights in early January, right before the week of 9” per day snowfall. Here now, last of 4 nights.

Skiing in January was fair, below average total snowfall at the time, many closed lifts and trails. Since that time they’ve caught up to average or perhaps slightly above average total snowfall. Past 3 days entire mountain open with very few bare spots. Still very crowded on weekends and holidays/holiday weeks, still almost empty at other times. Still too many rude inconsiderate boarders always 😉, along with a few rude inconsiderate skiers. (Learned new term for boarders today “skankboarders”, think I like that better than shredders.) Of course if you stick with Deer Valley (no boarders allowed) you won’t be concerned with being run over or crashed into by a boarder.

My comments about the hotel are similar to my past comments except: learned this trip that the hotel does have a small number of large plush bathrobes (similar to usual Hyatt Regency bathrobes) available for guest use, suggest you call a few days prior to request if interested.

Center building still preferred, don’t have to go outside to get to front desk, breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres. I’ve never used the pool or hot tub, the hot tub was packed yesterday at 4:30pm when I walked by.

My main issue with the hotel is the ski shuttle which I think is being used incredibly inefficiently and unsatisfactorily. Only one 13 pax van and they go to 3 ski drop off destinations (Deer Valley 20-30 minutes each way, PC Base 10-15 minutes, Canyons Base 5 minutes). Canyons Base drop off is different this year, bottom of the Cabriolet, not Silverado in the Village like last year. That’s fine, not much difference, probably better as it saves 5 minutes of driving each way, sometimes more if heavy traffic.

But with only 1 van, wasting all the time to go to DV and PC Base is terrible. They schedule departures from the hotel once per hour. Every day for the past 3 days the 8am and 9am shuttles were booked full. If the driver gets back to the hotel at 8:30, because he didn’t have to go to DV, he might do an extra quick run to Canyons Base, happened 1 of the past 3 days.

So basically they’ve set it up to only accommodate 26 people at peak AM “get to the lifts” time. If they just did a continuous loop between Canyons Base and the hotel, they could do 4-5 roundtrips per hour and accommodate many more people.

With only 1 van they can’t be all things to all people, maybe with 3 or 4 vans they could. The name of the hotel is HP PARK CITY, not HP Deer Valley. Terrible to accommodate a few people going to DV at the inconvenience of dozens of people going to PC Canyons. The hotel GM insists that demand for DV and PC Base warrant that schedule, I think it's hotel shuttle van malpractice .

Past 3 mornings I ended up on the Valley Transit bus twice (18 minute wait and 5 minute wait) and an 8:30 "extra" hotel shuttle once (after waiting at the bus stop for 15 minutes). Afternoon shuttle to return to the hotel is on demand, they provide the drivers phone. I did it from Canyons (bottom of Cabriolet) each day, 12 minutes wait, 5 minute wait, today 28 minutes as he was at DV when I called at 4:03pm.

I have no experience with parking at any base area for either resort.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Feb 22, 2024 at 7:40 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Thank you for the compliment, my apologies for my tardy reply, hope its in time for your weekend. (Please, had you quoted or liked one of my previous posts on this thread I would have been notified upon login and would have posted again immediately.)

I stayed here for 5 nights in early January, right before the week of 9 per day snowfall. Here now, last of 4 nights.

Skiing in January was fair, below average total snowfall at the time, many closed lifts and trails. Since that time theyve caught up to average or perhaps slightly above average total snowfall. Past 3 days entire mountain open with very few bare spots. Still very crowded on weekends and holidays/holiday weeks, still almost empty at other times. Still too many rude inconsiderate boarders always 😉, along with a few rude inconsiderate skiers. (Learned new term for boarders today skankboarders, think I like that better than shredders.) Of course if you stick with Deer Valley (no boarders allowed) you wont be concerned with being run over or crashed into by a boarder.

My comments about the hotel are similar to my past comments except: learned this trip that the hotel does have a small number of large plush bathrobes (similar to usual Hyatt Regency bathrobes) available for guest use, suggest you call a few days prior to request if interested.

Center building still preferred, dont have to go outside to get to front desk, breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres. Ive never used the pool or hot tub, the hot tub was packed yesterday at 4:30pm when I walked by.

My main issue with the hotel is the ski shuttle which I think is being used incredibly inefficiently and unsatisfactorily. Only one 13 pax van and they go to 3 ski drop off destinations (Deer Valley 20-30 minutes each way, PC Base 10-15 minutes, Canyons Base 5 minutes). Canyons Base drop off is different this year, bottom of the Cabriolet, not Silverado in the Village like last year. Thats fine, not much difference, probably better as it saves 5 minutes of driving each way, sometimes more if heavy traffic.

But with only 1 van, wasting all the time to go to DV and PC Base is terrible. They schedule departures from the hotel once per hour. Every day for the past 3 days the 8am and 9am shuttles were booked full. If the driver gets back to the hotel at 8:30, because he didnt have to go to DV, he might do an extra quick run to Canyons Base, happened 1 of the past 3 days.

So basically theyve set it up to only accommodate 26 people at peak AM get to the lifts time. If they just did a continuous loop between Canyons Base and the hotel, they could do 4-5 roundtrips per hour and accommodate many more people.

With only 1 van they cant be all things to all people, maybe with 3 or 4 vans they could. The name of the hotel is HP PARK CITY, not HP Deer Valley. Terrible to accommodate a few people going to DV at the inconvenience of dozens of people going to PC Canyons. The hotel GM insists that demand for DV and PC Base warrant that schedule, I think it's hotel shuttle van malpractice .

Past 3 mornings I ended up on the Valley Transit bus twice (18 minute wait and 5 minute wait) and an 8:30 "extra" hotel shuttle once (after waiting at the bus stop for 15 minutes). Afternoon shuttle to return to the hotel is on demand, they provide the drivers phone. I did it from Canyons (bottom of Cabriolet) each day, 12 minutes wait, 5 minute wait, today 28 minutes as he was at DV when I called at 4:03pm.

I have no experience with parking at any base area for either resort.
"Cheapies" like me, and you, stay at the Hyatt place Park City. Granted it is as bit closer than staying in SLC but in actuality no that much. If you ski Park City there are, as you probably know,are a number of ski in/out properties. You choose the budget option. As I have in the past. Our family has both the Epic and Icon pass. We like Deer Valley and Park City. We would get bored with one or the other for a week. It is nice to have both options. And if staying budget at a non ski in/out place, like a Hyatt Place, we appreciate they even have a shuttle. Then again, as I often despise waiting and depending on a shuttle, we use the money we save on a (and in Park City this is relative) budget motel and rent a car. Perspective.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
There is no wait for the High Valley bus that picks up in front on the main road - there's an app and one can track it so one walks out just moments before it arrives. That bus (Spiro 101 I think it's called) will take one right to the Cab, same on the return (except it drops on the other side of the street, of course, a bit inconvenient but that's how streets work one direct on one side and one direct on the other side).

There's also (from that same app) a car that can be ordered (exactly like an Uber), it's very unreliable at peak times but it works well much of the time. The app is High Valley Transit. I agree, having the same shuttle serve Canyons and DV is flat out brain dead stupid (or cheap, or both).

It's Vail that won't allow other company shuttles (like Hyatt or HVT) to use a stop/drop on Vail property - another reason Vail sucks (as if we needed another).
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I stayed a few weeks ago. Overall, pretty excellent for the price. They have bath robe in my closet. The hot tub is decent and fairly big (but expect it to be busy). The pool is warm. Everyone is friendly.

I didnt bother with the shuttle. Drive to and parked at DV.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
(2/22/24)… I agree, having the same shuttle serve Canyons and DV is flat out brain dead stupid (or cheap, or both). ….
I couldn’t have written it better myself.

Thank you for your ongoing inputs on this thread, excellent to get information from a long time experienced local.

(1/15/22) Agree, hotel just needs a shuttle.

The HV app is more unreliable than the bus (see reasons I offer above, but for the app add that it's just not yet working it's very new).

I guess I would suggest using Uber (Lyft barely exists in PC, and unlike most cities I find Uber is cheaper than lift in PC) like an hour or two before needed and start looking at estimated wait times and plan accordingly... like if it's an hour then order an hour before you'll be done, if it's 10 minutes don't confirm that ride and re-cycle in 10 minute incrememts - that's what I do with the HV app).
FWIW, my experience over the past 3 seasons which includes 8 rideshare roundtrips between SLC and PC has been that Lyft is just as readily available at both ends and Lyft is usually less expensive, often times significantly so.

(2/22/24)There is no wait for the High Valley bus that picks up in front on the main road - there's an app and one can track it so one walks out just moments before it arrives. That bus (Spiro 101 I think it's called) ...
Agree that the 101 bus is convenient enough when going TO the Cabriolet, not so much when returning.

Considering the app not working 1 and 2 years ago and the new shuttle of ~1 year, I didn’t try the app this year, in January or last week when I averaged 12 minutes waiting at the bus stop in the morning. (The 18 minute wait last week was particularly annoying as the 8am and 9am shuttles were booked to capacity, it was my first day so I was carrying my skis (not picking up at Canyons Village valet), and as I walked out of the hotel I saw a 101 bus near the hotel entrance on the way to the Cabriolet so I knew it would most likely be ~20 minutes until the next bus although of course I irrationally thought that maybe due to traffic and stops and pax it would only be 4-5 minutes .)

Is the app now a reliable source of accurate information as to the when and where of the 101 bus? Thanks again.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP

FWIW, my experience over the past 3 seasons which includes 8 rideshare roundtrips between SLC and PC has been that Lyft is just as readily available at both ends and Lyft is usually less expensive, often times significantly so.
Yes *now* Lyft is - you quoted me from early 2022 : )

The HVT is reliable for finding the Spiro 101 schedule, but not actually tracking the bus (like one could do before the route was moved from a city one to a county one (with different apps).
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:12 pm

Just finished my 3rd HP PC stay this season, 8th stay during past 3 seasons, after several years of stays at Doubletree Park City. (Some of my stays at DT PC were when they had their own shuttle doing a continuous loop between the hotel and PC Base area.)

(2/22/24)There is no wait for the High Valley bus that picks up in front on the main road - there's an app and one can track it so one walks out just moments before it arrives. That bus (Spiro 101 I think it's called) ...
(2/24/24) … Agree that the 101 bus is convenient enough when going TO the Cabriolet, not so much when returning.

Considering the app not working 1 and 2 years ago and the new shuttle of ~1 year, I didn’t try the app this year, in January or last week when I averaged 12 minutes waiting at the bus stop in the morning. …

Is the app now a reliable source of accurate information as to the when and where of the 101 bus? Thanks again.
Used the app this past week, I’ll give it 2/5 stars. No real time info as to bus locations, had to input origin and destination and then ski rack or no ski rack, app would then display best option which was invariably the 101 bus with ETA of 6 to 18 minutes, the ETA each time ended up being a very rough estimate.

(2/22/24) … the ski shuttle … is being used incredibly inefficiently and unsatisfactorily. Only one 13 pax van and they go to 3 ski drop off destinations (Deer Valley 20-30 minutes each way, PC Base 10-15 minutes, Canyons Base 5 minutes). …

But with only 1 van, wasting all the time to go to DV and PC Base is terrible. They schedule departures from the hotel once per hour. Every day for the past 3 days the 8am and 9am shuttles were booked full. If the driver gets back to the hotel at 8:30, because he didn’t have to go to DV, he might do an extra quick run to Canyons Base, happened 1 of the past 3 days.

So basically they’ve set it up to only accommodate 26 people at peak AM “get to the lifts” time. If they just did a continuous loop between Canyons Base and the hotel, they could do 4-5 roundtrips per hour and accommodate many more people.

With only 1 van they can’t be all things to all people, maybe with 3 or 4 vans they could. The name of the hotel is HP PARK CITY, not HP Deer Valley. Terrible to accommodate a few people going to DV at the inconvenience of dozens of people going to PC Canyons. The hotel GM insists that demand for DV and PC Base warrant that schedule, I think it's hotel shuttle van malpractice . ….
(2/22/24)… I agree, having the same shuttle serve Canyons and DV is flat out brain dead stupid (or cheap, or both). …
The hotel’s shuttle continues to operate in the same inefficient, highly unsatisfactory manner. 8am and 9am shuttles booked apparently years in advance (yes sarcasm) and with lift opening time of 9am the first shuttle should be at 8:30am. One of the 3 days the driver gave me a ride at 8:30, between scheduled rides. 3rd day different driver at 8:25am told me next available ride was at 11am. 2 bus waits to the Cabriolet, 18 minutes and 9 minutes.

3 shuttle rides to the hotel at 3:30-4:15, wait times of 10, 4 and 35 minutes (for a 4-5 minute drive). The 35 minute wait was particularly annoying as it was my last day of skiing so I had my skis (not valeted) and during that time there were several wind gusts thus sitting outside at the base of the Cabriolet downwind of a large dirt parking lot was similar to being outside in Afghanistan during a dust/dirt storm and my boots and skis/bindings got covered with a thick layer of dirt. (I didn’t feel at all guilty (as I sometimes do) about severely dirtying a couple of hotel towels in the process of cleaning my boots and rinsing my skis in the shower.)

I’m even more confident in my 2/22/24 comments about the shuttle. I asked one driver, he estimated 65% of pax go to the Cab, 25% to PC Base, 5-10% to DV. It’s dreadful to wait 35 minutes for a 5 minute ride.

I discussed the shuttle operations in person with the hotel GM in January, she was insistent that some guests want to go to DV, she seemed not to understand that the vast majority of guests were being inconvenienced in favor of the convenience of a small handful. I thought about discussing at again this past week, chose not to.

This shuttle is one of the rare situations when efficiency and satisfaction would go together. Wondering if an email to the GM (in my mind doubtful) or a TripAdvisor review or an email to MHC (My Hyatt Concierge) or Vail Resorts might have any greater influence to having the shuttle operate better.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt LT G, Marriott LT T
Just finished my 3rd HP PC stay this season, 8th stay during past 3 seasons, after several years of stays at Doubletree Park City. (Some of my stays at DT PC were when they had their own shuttle doing a continuous loop between the hotel and PC Base area.)

Used the app this past week, Ill give it 2/5 stars. No real time info as to bus locations, had to input origin and destination and then ski rack or no ski rack, app would then display best option which was invariably the 101 bus with ETA of 6 to 18 minutes, the ETA each time ended up being a very rough estimate.

The hotels shuttle continues to operate in the same inefficient, highly unsatisfactory manner. 8am and 9am shuttles booked apparently years in advance (yes sarcasm) and with lift opening time of 9am the first shuttle should be at 8:30am. One of the 3 days the driver gave me a ride at 8:30, between scheduled rides. 3rd day different driver at 8:25am told me next available ride was at 11am. 2 bus waits to the Cabriolet, 18 minutes and 9 minutes.

3 shuttle rides to the hotel at 3:30-4:15, wait times of 10, 4 and 35 minutes (for a 4-5 minute drive). The 35 minute wait was particularly annoying as it was my last day of skiing so I had my skis (not valeted) and during that time there were several wind gusts thus sitting outside at the base of the Cabriolet downwind of a large dirt parking lot was similar to being outside in Afghanistan during a dust/dirt storm and my boots and skis/bindings got covered with a thick layer of dirt. (I didnt feel at all guilty (as I sometimes do) about severely dirtying a couple of hotel towels in the process of cleaning my boots and rinsing my skis in the shower.)

Im even more confident in my 2/22/24 comments about the shuttle. I asked one driver, he estimated 65% of pax go to the Cab, 25% to PC Base, 5-10% to DV. Its dreadful to wait 35 minutes for a 5 minute ride.

I discussed the shuttle operations in person with the hotel GM in January, she was insistent that some guests want to go to DV, she seemed not to understand that the vast majority of guests were being inconvenienced in favor of the convenience of a small handful. I thought about discussing at again this past week, chose not to.

This shuttle is one of the rare situations when efficiency and satisfaction would go together. Wondering if an email to the GM (in my mind doubtful) or a TripAdvisor review or an email to MHC (My Hyatt Concierge) or Vail Resorts might have any greater influence to having the shuttle operate better.
You are right. But the returning bus service is good. We called three times during our stay. The bus came and picked us efficiently.
The big problem is there is no award availability whole next ski season.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by willliamjia
I recently booked a weekend stay for next year at the Hyatt Centric ahead of the category change and wanted to add Thursday night at the Hyatt Place to extend the trip but kept seeing the "Guaranteed Availability" rate.

I have been checking every few days or so, and it looks like they have now opened up award availability for next year.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt LT G, Marriott LT T
Originally Posted by neilana
I recently booked a weekend stay for next year at the Hyatt Centric ahead of the category change and wanted to add Thursday night at the Hyatt Place to extend the trip but kept seeing the "Guaranteed Availability" rate.

I have been checking every few days or so, and it looks like they have now opened up award availability for next year.
yes, you are right. Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:57 pm

Any luck with award availability next season? Trying to book Jan 2025

Originally Posted by willliamjia
You are right. But the returning bus service is good. We called three times during our stay. The bus came and picked us efficiently.
anybody have any luck booking next season? Looking for Jan 2025
Old Apr 30, 2024, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by yhari
anybody have any luck booking next season? Looking for Jan 2025
Sundance Film Festival will be January 23 - February 2 next year. Award availability for the days leading up to it and after are probably gone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.