Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JoeWoodstock
I'll start a wiki, feel free to change/update:

Category:

Category 6 - 20,000 points per night (now 21k off-peak, 25k normal, and 29k peak)
Points and Cash - 10,000 points + $125 per night
Club (Points) - 27,000 points per night
Suite Upgrade (Points and Cash) - 6,000 points per night + Hyatt Daily Rate for Ocean View Room

19% total tax (16% VAT + 3% occupancy tax)
$25 per day resort fee

Upgrades:

DSU books into a Grand Suite King - http://playadelcarmen.grand.hyatt.co...oms/suite.html

Transportation:

At this time we do not have a transportation supplier selected, we apologize for this inconvenience, however we would like to suggest you some options that are available for your service:

(We are located next to “The Royal Hotel” in Playa del Carmen, please select that hotel as a reference in the browsers.)

FROM AIRPORT:
CANCUN EXPRESS
Prices:
$117 UDS (Round Trip)
$59 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: +52 1 (998) 195-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancun-express.com/
serviced by Cancun shuttle (2/6/16)

CANCUN SHUTTLE
Prices:
$140 USD (Round Trip)
$90 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservations Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: 1-888-414-0017 and +52 998 848 0335
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/
book through Cancun Express to get their lower rate

LOMAS TRAVEL
Prices:
$315 USD (Round Trip)
$110 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*Support Online
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Debit
Telephone: USA 314-669-6871

ADO BUS

GETTING ANYWHERE ALONG ROUTE 307, consider Collectivo:
This includes going to Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Xel Ha or anywhere else along 307.
Travel like the locals on the cheap
example PDC to Tulum: 40 peso ($2)pp, PDC to Akumal: 35pesos
taxi to Collectivo pickup site is 90 pesos
Warning: quick acceleration/deceleration may be tough on those with motion sickness

Parking On Site:

105 Pesos (as of 12/17/15)

Activites:
Tulum: entrance fee 65 euro, < 13yoa free
Akumal: nice beach, known for turtles, Lol Ha is a great beachside restaurant

Hotel now offers transport which can be billed to your room:

Greetings from the beautiful Riviera Maya! Thank you for contacting us.
On behalf Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort we appreciate your preference.
Regarding the transportation service, I would like to share with you the option our hotel offers:

GRAY LINE (Luxury Service in Mercedes Benz) Grand Hyatt transportation from CUN.

1 to 3 People SEDAN (with 3 pieces of luggage) 153 USD one way 255 RT
4 to 7 People VIANO (with up to 7 pieces of luggage) 180 USD one way 300 RT

· It is a Private transportation.
· It will be charged to your room account
· It provides luxury service

Dining on Property:

Dining off Property:

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2020, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Great video!
TheTravelPlaybook likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:27 pm

What's the status of the beach? Regular access?
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The beach itself is not anywhere near as big as it was during our first visit in 2017. It's basically been eroded away. The resort had signs up stating that the beach was closed, but the beach clubs down the way had sand and were open it appeared, so we just walked around the ropes and onto the beach.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Holy hell about the beach. We were there less than a year after it opened and I swear based on that video, like 50 feet of beach is gone!
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:49 pm

Fantastic video.

Crazy the beach has disappeared.

We have an upcoming stay for 5 nights at the Andaz Mayakoba--but to be honest I am now thinking of switching to the GH.

Any thoughts?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Personally, having stayed at both properties (andaz and GH), I love the GH. Supremely biased b/c I got married at the GH. The Andaz had a great restaurant that is now temporarily closed due to COVID, and you're stuck on property compared to the GH where you have a nice staff and restaurant, with plenty of other restaurants (love Plank nearby) on Quinta Avenida. Beach is better at the Andaz now so if that's the biggest thing for you, go there. Otherwise, stay at the GH, rent a car (free parking for Globalists currently), and drive to good snorkel beaches like Akumal. Dining on-site is so much cheaper at the GH, too.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone know what kinda work space is offered for Work From Hyatt?
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Anyone know what kinda work space is offered for Work From Hyatt?
I have a reservation in Dec. no status but 25 nights stay. They are not willing to give me a joining room. They are offering a small conference room to use.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Work from Hyatt

Just spoke with the concierge here. They confirm the work space offered is the Grand Club, which is closed for now.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Just spoke with the concierge here. They confirm the work space offered is the Grand Club, which is closed for now.
They told me the same thing a few weeks ago. I wonder how they can get away with this when there are multiple people on a Work From Hyatt rate? It makes the Thompson a much more attractive location.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:17 am

Did the club lounge reopen? It's not showing closed on the home page anymore.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Did the club lounge reopen? It's not showing closed on the home page anymore.
A post on the WFH thread said that it’s still closed but the on-site restaurant is providing club type benefits (breakfast, snacks, happy hour).

Last edited by coleslaw; Nov 9, 2020 at 10:38 am
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
A post on the WFH bread said that it’s still closed but the on-site restaurant is providing club type benefits (breakfast, snacks, happy hour).
That's probably better than what the club was offering anyway. Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I just completed a 3 night Prive stay here. The weather was just okay with rain 2 out of 3 days. Im an Explorist but didn’t even check on if adding a club pass would do anything since the lounge was closed. It’s a beautiful property that was never crowded. I recommend going out to the pool early as that’s when the weather was best. It was annoying to see people going out to save the best chairs, only to come back around Noon time when they were finally ready to use them. Not really a problem currently, but could see it being an issue if the resort was full.

Another minor issue was the included Prive breakfast was a buffet at La Cocina. This was priced at $30 when everything on the cooked to order menu was $10-$15. Gratuity was not included with breakfast, so I just wondered if they charge a crazy price for the “free breakfast” so you leave a larger tip for the employees.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and wonderful property that I would recommend.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Cara332
Another minor issue was the included Prive breakfast was a buffet at La Cocina. This was priced at $30 when everything on the cooked to order menu was $10-$15. Gratuity was not included with breakfast, so I just wondered if they charge a crazy price for the “free breakfast” so you leave a larger tip for the employees.
I find that's pretty common (an inflated price assigned to the included breakfast - at properties that don't offer a buffer the included breakfast often isn't even offered on the menu - e.g. an "American Breakfast" for $30 while the menu only has a la carte items for $10 or less).

How was the breakfast at La Cocina? I've been looking at a stay here but I'm undecided between a WFH rate (no breakfast included but $50 resort credit each day) or a Prive 3rd night free booking (breakfast included).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.