Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Guest of Honor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Any info on how a reservation made from a Diamond in 2015 for 2016 will be treated (ie said diamond will not requalify...)

thanks

FDW
My assumption would be that they are treated the same as a past-Diamond checking in on a reservation made before they lost the status, i.e. no Diamond perks. Otherwise, Diamonds could just future book rooms for their spouse/friend/family member and tag along.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Visiting a few Hyatts right now and have mixed reviews with GOH so far:

PH Dubai - Upgrade to a deluxe room but breakfast and amenity wasn't offered. Had to inquire about each benefit.

HR Paris Etoile - Upgrade to a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower (unrenovated). Club lounge wasn't mentioned, instead the FD agent mentioned that as a Platinum they will offer free breakfast at the restaurant. No amenity was offered again.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
At some point overnight, points for all my guest of honor reservations went back into my Hyatt account. Looking at the status of the reservations, they appear to still be active.

Anyone else run into this? I suppose I will call later today, but it's an annoyance I wish I didn't have to deal with.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:15 am

When the 1K points don't post for Diamond members they usually get 2.5K points after they call in to manually request the points. Is this the case for those booked under GOH as well?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
When the 1K points don't post for Diamond members they usually get 2.5K points after they call in to manually request the points. Is this the case for those booked under GOH as well?
From the T&C of the program:

The Guest of Honor is the transfer award recipient and will receive the following Diamond services and benefits at participating Hyatt hotels worldwide.

Daily complimentary standard internet, or premium internet where available

Best available room (excluding suites), including Regency Club or Grand Club rooms, subject to availability at the time of check-in

Access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge in hotels that have a lounge

At Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people

4:00 PM late checkout (local hotel time) on day of departure at most Hyatt properties

Complimentary food and beverage amenity

30% Point Bonus offered to Diamond members is not part of this offer.
So the answer to your question is no.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
It appears that they automatically give the F&B amenity instead of points.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop
At some point overnight, points for all my guest of honor reservations went back into my Hyatt account. Looking at the status of the reservations, they appear to still be active.

Anyone else run into this? I suppose I will call later today, but it's an annoyance I wish I didn't have to deal with.
Bump - anyone else seeing this?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:26 pm

I'm currently booking a couple nights at a nice Hyatt as a treat for a sibling who rarely stays in hotels and never get 'diamond' type treatment where they stay- so them actually receiving my diamond benefits is paramount to the stay.

Given what I've read here, I've decided to just book a regular paid stay for myself with both of them added as guests on the reservation (and a note on the reservation that i'll be arriving late). Seems much more likely to get my benefits than the GOH dart throw. I'm new to Hyatt Diamond but have top status at SPG, Hilton, etc and, the rare times i've done similar with family, it has gone off without issue.

From a few posts above, I assume this shouldn't be an issue for a couple night stay AND is much more predictable than the GOH crap shoot- yes? The hotel's a better value at the paid rate anyway, even paying $15 extra for "3 people" (I put both their names on it so there is no issue with the club/breakfast).

I'll be 11,000 miles away (not in a Hyatt!) and won't be able to fix things if they go pear shaped; and I know the 2 guests would meekly accept whatever the FDC does with them.

As a new Diamond, I am appalled reading what all of you have had to go thru to get your GOH's the benefit. This is, ON PAPER, a really nice benefit. If Hyatt is going to roll this out to their best customers, it just cannot be this bad/unpredictable. Nobody has time to babysit reservations and jump thru hoops like this. Seems the only chance of it going off right is being available to call the FDC as the guest arrives and even then it can be a fight. That is ridiculous. I'm not getting up at 3am to call a hotel back in the US in hopes I can sweet talk a FDC into doing his/her job!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:31 pm

Wink

Bump - anyone else seeing this?

Perhaps they are so sure that the hotel will not deliver the GOH benefit that they are being proactive and crediting you back the cost of the points in advance, as compensation for the anticipated disaster/s!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:13 am

Just wrapping up my trip which included a few visits to different Hyatts such as the PH Dubai, Paris, Vienna, and the HR Paris-Etoile. The only place I received a Diamond amenity from the start was the PH Vienna (a few chocolates). However, this required the Hyatt Concierge on Twitter to let them know in advance. For the most part, each property honored the Diamond benefits except for the amenity.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:50 pm

I'd like to book a stay for friend with one reward night and the rest paid nights. Anyone know if the Diamond amenities be extended through the end of the the stay, or just for that one reward night?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ENOTTY
I'd like to book a stay for friend with one reward night and the rest paid nights. Anyone know if the Diamond amenities be extended through the end of the the stay, or just for that one reward night?
There is no requirement for them to do so based on terms and conditions
However many Hyatt's go out of their way to exceed expectations
My advice would be to call the hotel and speak with the front office manager and explain the circumstances
I certainly wouldn't expect it either though and can think of a few hotels that would probably say no based on ownership business culture
Good luck and let us know how it goes
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I'm curious how points earned on incidental charges would post on a guest of honor stay? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Nehawk
I'm curious how points earned on incidental charges would post on a guest of honor stay? Does anyone have any experience with this?
This is a hard to answer question as the person who booked the reservation is not paying for incidentals
so that leaves the person gifting the room out of the equation to earn points
On the other hand if the gifted guest is a Gold Passport member possibly the hotel might be able to attach their Gold Passport number at check out
and the guest might in that case receive incidental points
That's a might though
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'll find out... I have my cousin arriving today on a GOH stay for one night. My CC is guaranteeing the room. BUT, there might not be any incidental charges, since it's a 1 night stay with a late arrival and early departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.