Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Guest of Honor

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 10:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Any hotel participating in World of Hyatt, which is 99.9% of them bookable on Hyatt.com.

Additionally if you’d prefer a smooth stay for her have your concierge reach out to the property (or you can reach out) prior to the stay just to ensure they know it’s a Guest of Honor Stay and confer the benefits thereof.

I’ve booked Guest of Honor stays and the property literally had no idea what that even was, they had to get a supervisor who had to ask his GM. I’ve called customer service to make Guest of Honor bookings and they also had no clue as to what it was. After telling them the location, dates and guest count they ask would you like to pay with a Credit Card or will you be paying using points. To which I did a face palm, as obviously it’s only bookable with points.
And this is precisely my point! I know my wife wouldn't dream of escalating/getting GM but I wanna make sure it goes smoothly. I know the property is fully opened (PH Saigon) and have plenty of suites - just want to make sure she gets all she should as GOH
Old Jul 1, 2020, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Do we have a list of hotels that honor Guest of Honor and the ones that don't/ignore it? My wife is a non-argumentative type but I wanna make sure she gets her benefits when she stays without me, especially the upgrades and breakfast
The reservation has to be coded properly by the agent making the reservation. I never got the impression that any hotel purposely ignores it when done in the correct fashion.

If you're talking about eliminating all problems even Globalists themselves face when staying at the hotel all I can say is good luck. We know some hotels always play games with inventory and it's rather difficult to disprove their claims. Even more so in these current times.

You can contact the hotel beforehand if you want and see what they say.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:55 am

I guess this is still happening? My guest checked in last evening at a hyatt centric and was denied upgraded room, late checkout, and was told breakfast would be $26. Do I have any recourse in getting this rectified? I reached out to Hyatt Concierge on twitter but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:23 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by icehocey77
I guess this is still happening? My guest checked in last evening at a hyatt centric and was denied upgraded room, late checkout, and was told breakfast would be $26. Do I have any recourse in getting this rectified? I reached out to Hyatt Concierge on twitter but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
This situation is unacceptable.If I was in your shoes I have two suggestions.
The first and the best time to solve these issues is to have your gift recipient call you at check
in so you can pick up the phone or have a Hyatt Conceirge or Hyatt representative
call the hotel and resolve the issue
I haven’t done a GOH in years but I remember a few times when it started
having to call the hotel when my guest had a horrible room and not allowed to use the Regency Club

In your situation I would call Guest Assistance Hyatt Consumer Affairs and share that set of failures
I personally would expect a refund in points from the stay
There Is no difference if you were refused the same benefits as a Globalist .
bbbb likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
This situation is unacceptable.If I was in your shoes I have two suggestions.
The first and the best time to solve these issues is to have your gift recipient call you at check
in so you can pick up the phone or have a Hyatt Conceirge or Hyatt representative
call the hotel and resolve the issue
I haven’t done a GOH in years but I remember a few times when it started
having to call the hotel when my guest had a horrible room and not allowed to use the Regency Club

In your situation I would call Guest Assistance Hyatt Consumer Affairs and share that set of failures
I personally would expect a refund in points from the stay
There Is no difference if you were refused the same benefits as a Globalist .
Yeah it was explained to me on the globalist line it was a technical gaffe where the front desk person saw the guest had explorist status and that somehow overrode/they didn't see in the reservation that they also had guest of honor designation? Free breakfast and parking and I assume 4pm checkout is now being offered so I guess they'll just miss out on any potential room upgrade between explorist and globalist. But not really a good look when the guest is having to explain the benefits they are entitled to and referencing it being a guest of honor booking.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Another question on Guest of Honor: I just called the Globalist line and changed a reservation booked under my name to a friend's name. I received a confirmation email, but I also received the 48k points re-deposited in my account. Should I be concerned about this reservation or will the points come out after the stay is started/completed?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cara332
Another question on Guest of Honor: I just called the Globalist line and changed a reservation booked under my name to a friend's name. I received a confirmation email, but I also received the 48k points re-deposited in my account. Should I be concerned about this reservation or will the points come out after the stay is started/completed?
Does the person staying have a WOH account, if so have them check to see if the points came out of their account. This has happen to me before on two stays.

The way Guest of Honor is being executed is a joke!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
No the woman on the phone didn't take my friend's WoH number--she said to just give it when she checks in for stay credit.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Cara332
No the woman on the phone didn't take my friend's WoH number--she said to just give it when she checks in for stay credit.
Thought there was no stay credit for guest of honor for the one gifting or receiving the gift to my past understanding
Perhaps I will learn something new here?
Removing The World of Hyatt Globalist number is never a good idea
as you want the party
being gifted to receive benefits for their stay

On the rare occasions I do gift through Guest of Honor I always call the
hotel and request what I’m after
to insure hopefully the best possible outcome and experience at arrival.
I’ve been very happy with the ability to gift a unique WOH experience with others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.