Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
An interesting touch is that everything in the minibar except alcoholic beverages is complimentary. This is the first Andaz I have ever stayed in, so I don't know whether this is a brand-wide policy or just in Singapore, and I don't know whether it applies only to WoH elites or to all guests. The only problem is that there's not much in the minibar. A few soft drinks, a granola bar, some no-name chocolate-covered almonds, and a small can of Pringles. T
Yes that's Andaz brand standard. Also pretty typical that they've cost-cut it to a meaningless benefit. Only exception I've found in recent years was Andaz Mayakoba, where they are quite generous with the free snacks and beverages.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:59 pm

Question Laundry

we will be staying here soon mid trip. Can anyone recommend a wash/fold laundry service nearby?

We could drop and pickup but would need it back same day.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:54 pm

I just finished a stay and found the hotel to be very good, including the fitness center and breakfast. I am vegan/plant based and found more than I could even sample. But, for me, a bowl of chickpeas, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes is great. Or the usual cut friut and dry cereal. They also offered me the pumpkin congee (cooked with water, not broth.) And Singaporean coffee without dairy. (They had at least three types of coffee - Nespresso, another machine and a woman making "local" coffee.

One word of advice, if you wish to use the late check out, do not use the app check out before the moment you are leaving. I entered a 4:00PM check out time at about 5:00AM, as I was leaving for work. I was checked out inmediately, as well a immediately after each time I had my room key reactivated. So four bills received at two-hour intervals,, four trips to the front desk and some confusion with housekeeping.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Assimilated Cajun
I'm here now, halfway through a two-night stay. It's an OK hotel, but, as others have noted, suffers from poor organization, awkward logistics, and irritating cost-cutting measures:

-- I arrived via MRT from the Harbourfront ferry station, mostly because the MRT entrance was closer than the taxi line. As advertised, the hotel is connected by a tunnel to the Bugis MRT station. But it's a very long and complicated tunnel, without much "signage". Following the directions, when I finally got to exit E I walked through a small shopping mall and then took an escalator to level 2 where an Andaz employee accompanied me to the 25th floor lobby. Then checked in and took a separate elevator to my room. (Hint: I later learned that there's an unmarked but much shorter and easier route. Instead of taking the escalators to Exits E-F from Bugis MRT, go past them, take a right, and walk a couple hundred feet down the hallway until you get to a nondescript door on your left with a small Andaz sign above it. That door leads to an elevator that will take you directly to the 25th-floor lobby.)
I stayed at the Andaz twice for five nights each time. It was a nice hotel. Cajun is right about the 'secret' entrance making it much easier to get to the lobby. That entrance helped me a lot during my early morning explorations. Which is why I didn't try the breakfast buffet more than twice because there are so many great options down in the mall and outside across the street at Toast Box....
So, I'd stay at the Andaz again if rooms at the G. Hyatt over on Scotts aren't available. :-)
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I used a TSU here on a 5 night stay and found it to be an incredible value - the studio suite king had amazing views, the bathroom was nearly the size of my NYC apartment with views of the Singapore eye and the living room was very comfortable, maybe not as opulent as other suites (I also spent no time in the living room)

Between the rooftop Infinity pool (was great after a long hot day of meetings in August), the more than adequate gym, Mr Stork, the great breakfast with both the Asian section (great noodles and dumplings) and the great fruit cheese and western breakfast options and super friendly service, I had an outstanding stay here. I also really enjoyed the location and the super close proximity to Arab street.

I greatly preferred it to the Grand Hyatt, but there are many reasons why I can see others would prefer the GH, especially for a shopping oriented visitor or for the great evening club lounge offerings (I more enjoyed the Andaz breakfast)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Anyone happen to remember how high the dumbbells go in the fitness center at the Andaz? I can't tell from the few pics I've seen. Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Anyone happen to remember how high the dumbbells go in the fitness center at the Andaz? I can't tell from the few pics I've seen. Thanks.
i believe I saw 40-50KG. They seemed to be pretty good
joe_miami likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:21 am

Andaz Singapore - September 2018 - Brunch

Background:
The Andaz Singapore does a brunch at "Alley on 25" which is basically a buffet of all three breakfast restaurants (Auntie's Wok & Steam, Icehaus, another I've forgotten).

The brunch is S$35++ and there are a choice of a la carte items too: (Breakfast Burger, Eggs Benedict, Smoked Salmon Bagel, Breakfast Quesadilla, Pastrami & Cheese sandwich, and Steak and Egg (supplement)).

There is also a drinks package for an addition S$35++ which includes prosecco, wine and access to a DIY mojito station.

No photos of a la carte selection.

Conclusion:

This is decent value and is a good brunch without feeling over-loaded on food and alcohol. The a la carte options were quite nice (I had the breakfast quesadilla) and the service was quite attentive with regards to drinks refills.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
I have asked below question in a general thread already but it might be a specific "Andaz Singapore" issue... Maybe someone of you made similar experiences and could help me to clarify?

We were at Andaz Singapore for drinks (no food) Saturday night without staying in the hotel. When we got the bill I wanted to mention my WoH number to get WoH points credited for the drinks. The waiter told me that this is not possible for drinks only since I need to consume food to get WoH points credited... I haven’t heard or read about that rule before, doesn't Andaz Singapore credit points for alcoholic beverages due to local regulations or what is the issue here?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Gioventu
I have asked below question in a general thread already but it might be a specific "Andaz Singapore" issue... Maybe someone of you made similar experiences and could help me to clarify?

We were at Andaz Singapore for drinks (no food) Saturday night without staying in the hotel. When we got the bill I wanted to mention my WoH number to get WoH points credited for the drinks. The waiter told me that this is not possible for drinks only since I need to consume food to get WoH points credited... I haven’t heard or read about that rule before, doesn't Andaz Singapore credit points for alcoholic beverages due to local regulations or what is the issue here?
Many (more likely most, and maybe close to all) Hyatts do not give WoH pts for alcohol, regardless of whether or not there is a local regulation against it.

Sometimes the system is not designed to separate alcohol in all cases, such as you order a glass of wine through room service and it is gets billed as "room service dinner", and then you get pts for it, but it is best not to expect pts for alcohol.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Nov 4, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
So it's actually about alcohol and not drinks in general? So if I order a coke or coffee I get normal points?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Gioventu
So it's actually about alcohol and not drinks in general? So if I order a coke or coffee I get normal points?
In theory I certainly think that is correct, but sometimes Hyatt pts can be a bit fuzzy. Various hotels seem to have their own interpretations and sometimes even service staff or managers can have their own individual interpretations. I'm also not sure that all properties participate in giving pts for F&B not billed to a room, but yes, in theory all non-alcoholic F&B spend (excluding tax, tip, service charges) should be eligible for pts.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Stayed early October and they made a change to the evening happy hour. They no longer offer free flow beer and wine in the evening and in replacement check in staff informed that the 2 beers in the minibar are now complimentary. Anyone who stayed recently can confirm if this has now become a permanent change?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Just had a stay two weeks ago. Was given a card for a free drink in either the lobby or rooftop bar. No mention about free beers from the minibar.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Just had a stay two weeks ago. Was given a card for a free drink in either the lobby or rooftop bar. No mention about free beers from the minibar.
Is this some kind of Glob benefit or is it for everyone? And is is one free drink each night or just a one-off?

I rather thought that the evening happy hour was common to all Andaz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.