Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
So I requested the challenge during a stay at a Hyatt... Come to find out the stay didn't count.. Finally I got 12 nights posted (14 total) Just called and found out that a two day stay at a Hyatt only posted one night... (The hotel comped a night due to a problem, and I was informed that I would get two nights credit) Sooooo annoyed lol. I'm checking out of a Hyatt Place tomorrow and into a Hyatt Regency. Was hoping to have the Status.. Seems NOTHING can be done even though all my stays posted.. I'm thinking of canceling, and going with the Ritz which has almost the same price.. It's a shame..
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by ryan754
So I requested the challenge during a stay at a Hyatt... Come to find out the stay didn't count.. Finally I got 12 nights posted (14 total) Just called and found out that a two day stay at a Hyatt only posted one night... (The hotel comped a night due to a problem, and I was informed that I would get two nights credit) Sooooo annoyed lol. I'm checking out of a Hyatt Place tomorrow and into a Hyatt Regency. Was hoping to have the Status.. Seems NOTHING can be done even though all my stays posted.. I'm thinking of canceling, and going with the Ritz which has almost the same price.. It's a shame..
Thanks for the info, very helpful. To avoid having the same happen to me, I checked out after the first night and will be checking in again today to start a fresh 3-night stay. 3/4 better than 0/4!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ryan754
I'm confused by your story. So you DON'T have the 12 nights now? And when you say that your stay didn't count, do you mean that it didn't count towards your Elite Tier Offer or didn't count towards stay credit?

Last edited by cdancer20; Jul 13, 2015 at 6:39 am
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bkiminfinity
Hope somebody has a data point on this, kicking myself for potentially wasting a night. My situation:

Tonight I checked in to a 4-night stay at a Hyatt Place property. After check in, I remembered about the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial so I called the Gold Password number and enrolled. I asked if my current stay would count towards the 12 nights since I had already checked in, and the agent on the phone was not certain of the answer. I tried to see if the front desk could "refresh" the check in time for me but they said that there was no way to do so without being charged twice for this first night.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this stay counts since the check in came before I enrolled in the promotion, but the check out date will be after I enrolled.

Would it be necessary for me to check out tomorrow, pay for one night, then check back in and pay for 3 nights and have at least 3/4 nights count towards the 12 night challenge? Any help appreciated!
I think that it might since the stay will be credit after your enroll day but I could be wrong. I don't know that the system will be smart enough to say - "Well they checked in at 4:00 pm but didn't enroll until 7:30 pm so invalid!" It may just be by date. I vaguely recall though some people enrolling for the promotion at check in esp when it use to be required to enroll through the hotel.

However if you can check out and check back in, it doesn't hurt anything to try. My thoughts though are that you will get all 4 nights. You will know by the number of 1k points that post to your account after you check out. Please post back with the outcome so others know. Good luck!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dajoip
Just finished my 12th night yesterday and I'm now officially a Diamond until 2/17 - very excited! Thanks for all the info and help!
Does status reflect immediately after the 12th night post or is there a delay? My 12th night posted but status is still Platinum.

Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:18 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
It takes a few days for a stay to get posted. Average time seems to be about 2 days.
Originally Posted by seawolf
Does status reflect immediately after the 12th night post or is there a delay? My 12th night posted but status is still Platinum.

Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
It takes a few days for a stay to get posted. Average time seems to be about 2 days.
Are you referring to the stay or the status taking a few days to update?

My original post indicates that the stay itself already posted but status still reflect Platinum.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:09 am

Thanks.
Within a few hours of my 12th night stay posting, my status updated. It took an extra day though for the DSUs to get into my account i.e. checked out on Sunday. Was Diamond by mid-afternoon on Monday. Got DSUs sometime on Tuesday.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:54 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Within a few hours of my 12th night stay posting, my status updated. It took an extra day though for the DSUs to get into my account i.e. checked out on Sunday. Was Diamond by mid-afternoon on Monday. Got DSUs sometime on Tuesday.
Thanks. My status just updated to Diamond about 3-4 hours after the stay posted.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:27 pm

Thanks. My status just updated to Diamond about 3-4 hours after the stay posted.
Congrats!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:42 pm
Suspended

I think that it might since the stay will be credit after your enroll day but I could be wrong. I don't know that the system will be smart enough to say - "Well they checked in at 4:00 pm but didn't enroll until 7:30 pm so invalid!" It may just be by date. I vaguely recall though some people enrolling for the promotion at check in esp when it use to be required to enroll through the hotel.

However if you can check out and check back in, it doesn't hurt anything to try. My thoughts though are that you will get all 4 nights. You will know by the number of 1k points that post to your account after you check out. Please post back with the outcome so others know. Good luck!

I got the Chase CC a few days before I had my 1st stay = became a Plat. My 1st stay was over a weekend Fri-Sun.Fri morn I called HGP and had the rep sign me up for the Elite Challenge (but was already Plat). That 2 night stay posted and counted towards the 12 nights needed. Waited so as to have a full 60 days to complete it
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by switchyj
If I book a 12night stay and apply for the diamond challenge,
will I become diamond after the checkin, or after the 12th night?

I'd love to use it during my stay
tried my chance by emailing hyatt today. I'm really hoping they can do that, it's the honeymoon so it'd be great to have the perks!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat; IHG Diamond Ambassador
My tier status changed from gold to platinum.

It seems i already enrolled in this offer.

Now i have 12 nights with hyatt booked already.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:53 am

If I book a 12night stay and apply for the diamond challenge,
will I become diamond after the checkin, or after the 12th night?

I'd love to use it during my stay
tried my chance by emailing hyatt today. I'm really hoping they can do that, it's the honeymoon so it'd be great to have the perks!
What's there to email Hyatt about? Just like everyone else, you must COMPLETE the 12 nights to become diamond. They have no guarantee that you won't check out mid-stay and never reach your 12th night. And even after completing the 12th night, you have to check out and wait at least a day for it to go through the system before it's updated.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:59 pm

got a data point for the thread, i should end up getting credit for the full 4 nights. the check in time for the last 3 nights was after my promotion enrollment date, so no worries there. i just checked my account and i see the first night stay (where i had checked in before enrolling in the promotion) that gave the 1,000 point bonus. all good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.