Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Update

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I just checked in to a full service Hyatt with a confirmed reservation for a Deluxe King room made over a month ago. I am a long time Diamond member, and have already had 20+ nights in the first two months of 2015. I was given a room with two queens. When I asked for my booked room and bed type I was told it wasn't available.

I brought up the "guarantee of confirmed bed type" and I was brushed off with a shrug of the shoulders. No compensation or apology was offered.

The behavior of the hotel does seem rather against the "commitment" that the above post refers to...
And my experience hopefully won't be brushed under the carpet as a "less than 0.1% of elite members" scenario!

Look forward to hearing your view.
If it was at a hotel I frequent and they were very apologetic and I was in a good mood I would let it slide, otherwise I would refuse to pay the full rate. If the room is sold as "guest room" and your preferred bed type is not available, that is a failure of GP, if it is sold as "King Room" and that is not available, that should legally require compensation.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:08 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
If it was at a hotel I frequent and they were very apologetic and I was in a good mood I would let it slide, otherwise I would refuse to pay the full rate. If the room is sold as "guest room" and your preferred bed type is not available, that is a failure of GP, if it is sold as "King Room" and that is not available, that should legally require compensation.
This is my first time at this Hyatt property. The reservation was booked at hyatt.com and below is the description from my reservation confirmation email:

Room(s) Booked: KING BED
Room Description: Deluxe King bed : 42 in flat screen TV : Dish satellite : Contemporary : Refrigerator
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
This is my first time at this Hyatt property. The reservation was booked at hyatt.com and below is the description from my reservation confirmation email:
Agree with OsakaWino. Refuse to pay, escalate to Hyatt Gold Passport management, and rest assured that they will make it right.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I would put up a stink about it until they say, what would you like us to do for you... ask for points... Let's not forget they are in the hospitality industry.

"generous and friendly treatment of visitors and guests : hospitable treatment"

You booked a King Room, if they did not provide it, it's time for Hyatt to kick in the Hyatt Touch and be hospitable!

Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Just as I expected: such denials might be rarer, but with no guaranteed compensation, the hotel has less incentive to get it right.

I'd ask for 10K points, since they canceled the 5K points guarantee because "it wouldn't happen".
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by sethb
Just as I expected: such denials might be rarer, but with no guaranteed compensation, the hotel has less incentive to get it right.

I'd ask for 10K points, since they canceled the 5K points guarantee because "it wouldn't happen".
I reported this to HGP on Thu evening, checked out of the hotel on Friday. Got an email response saying it is being investigated by customer service, and they will reach out to me shortly. Haven't heard back from them yet.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
I reported this to HGP on Thu evening, checked out of the hotel on Friday. Got an email response saying it is being investigated by customer service, and they will reach out to me shortly. Haven't heard back from them yet.
Good luck. I got that same "be back shortly" on two different occasions in the last 30 days. I have to keep calling back every 5-7 days to get anything accomplished.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I wonder if it was actually happening more than we realize and THAT is why the guarantee was revoked
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
I wonder if it was actually happening more than we realize and THAT is why the guarantee was revoked
Highly likely. Otherwise why pull the compensation? If it really almost never happened, then they wouldn't have to give away points with the guarantee. The only reason to stop compensating with points is if it was costing too much.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Bonus for Bed type needs to come back

Today was my 3rd stay this year where I didn't get my bed type. In the past 4 years as a Diamond, I always got my bed type.

It could be coincidence, but something needs to be done.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Today was my 3rd stay this year where I didn't get my bed type. In the past 4 years as a Diamond, I always got my bed type.

Guess what happens when you let your kids choose their own punishments..
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by LASUA1K

But, but, there is a guarantee!!!

Don't worry, Jeff Zidell said "Rest assured, the hotels are committed to getting this right." So, it must be a coincidence.

The whole bed "guarantee" is stupid if there isn't something in place to enforce it.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
If it's 2 queens then I'm ok but last night 2 doubles after I had booked a King just didn't work.

I love Hyatt but this needs to be corrected. I was told it was due to my 11pm arrival.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:44 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
bed type guarantee still on website

making a res just now, and under the 'special request' dropdown I noticed that the bed type is still 'guaranteed', with a hyperlink on 'guarantee' which takes you here:

Originally Posted by Gold Passport website
This benefit is reserved for Hyatt Gold Passport® Platinum and Diamond members only and is available at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts ® worldwide except Hyatt Regency Tokyo. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum and Diamond members will be guaranteed the bed type (i.e. king, queen, double etc.) for the room type selected at the time of reservation. If the hotel is unable to honor the bed type at check-in, members will receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points and their room will be changed the next day for the requested bed type.
Sadly, I expect this to be more a result of Hyatt's crappy IT than anything else...
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
making a res just now, and under the 'special request' dropdown I noticed that the bed type is still 'guaranteed', with a hyperlink on 'guarantee' which takes you here:

Sadly, I expect this to be more a result of Hyatt's crappy IT than anything else...
That's pretty strange that Hyatt Regency Tokyo was singled out. Granted I've only had 3-4 stays there, but never had an issue with reserved bed type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.