Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by LawFly
and a complementary set of earplugs.
IIRC those were provided prior to the construction.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Well, I'd like to congratulate Hyatt: I applied for the credit card in no small part to make sure I could keep MER. Absent MER, it's just another card; in the scheme of things, it probably isn't worth $79 to keep, which means I'll be cutting it up once a fee comes up next year. I'll do the spend to get the free nights, and that's about it. The extra points at Hyatt are nice and all, but as far as I can tell I get more from either my Amtrak card or my Virgin card (*cues snickering*). MER was really the main draw for me bothering to deal with status here , and having status secured was a decently major draw for the card (since if I dropped status, there was an easy net loss of several hundred dollars from not having MER).

On the other hand, at least for me points+cash is...well, pointless (pun intended). The odds of me actually using points at Hyatt are pretty small (I was mainly looking to transfer them to either Virgin Atlantic or another airline in the long run).

While I reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised by whatever is in the 'mystery box' for next year, I think it's fair to say that the Grinch took over this announcement...all I have to say is:

BOOOOOOO!
they suck you in and slam the door shut....
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
The Hyatt CC is probably one of the most terrible cards out there. 3 points per stay? For about the same fee I can get 2 points at any hotel including hyatt with CSP or Ink and not have them locked into HGP points. And the annual cert? Cat 4? Even hilton with is slaughtered award chart gives you a full cert (with 10k spend, which is easy). I'd be surprised if many people keep it past the first year.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
PLEASE make it possible to book cash + points on line ... and while you're at it, it would be great to be able to book suite awards online.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by exmike
The Hyatt CC is probably one of the most terrible cards out there. 3 points per stay? For about the same fee I can get 2 points at any hotel including hyatt with CSP or Ink and not have them locked into HGP points.
Which other hotel would you use them at? Hilton? IHG?

I've never seen a situation where it makes sense to use those points for any hotel but Hyatt.

I can get more than double the value of the annual fee out of the Cat 4 room; that alone makes the card a permanent keeper.

And of course, the card has nothing to do with Gold Passport Updates, so that discussion should probably go elsewhere.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yes, they couldn't do anything. No folio, as it was a points stay. I generally find most Hyatt agents pretty helpful, but not in this case. I'd normally just huaca, but had reached my "limit" for the day.
I had to call tonight to see if I could find a P+C stay for a property. Unfortunately, no luck.

I decided to try again for the missing points, since the agent seemed on the ball. Within 5 minutes, I had my 8.5k points for a 8k NYE room redemption. I know that will never happen again.

I should follow my gut feeling on phone agents. If they sound bored, have a monotone voice, just thank them for their time right away, and hang up. I've talked to 4 agents this week, and unfortunately only the last one was a good one. Normally I'd put the ratio at 50% or better.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rhodeweary
PLEASE make it possible to book cash + points on line ... and while you're at it, it would be great to be able to book suite awards online.
^ In my opinion it is ridiculous that you cannot book cash and points online. If Hilton and their "rocket scientist" IT department have been able to provide this function for years (and even combine a feature allowing you to at the same time buy a few points if you happen to be short), there is no reason why Hyatt should not be able to book online Cash and Point stays or even make a notation that they are available.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:11 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

P&C is supposed to be online late this year. I don't really see suite awards being online though since it's rare for suites to be online even for revenue.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by peteropny
I don't really see suite awards being online though since it's rare for suites to be online even for revenue.
Huh? Rare for suites to be online for revenue? Whatchutalkinabout?

I see suites online quite regularly.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Huh? Rare for suites to be online for revenue? Whatchutalkinabout?

I see suites online quite regularly.
Our experience differs here.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:28 am

I see the basic suites available online for revenue at most properties, but I agree that a lot of the specialty suites are rarely online - they all say to call.

For awards, I rarely see suite options listed online.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by peteropny
it's rare for suites to be online even for revenue.
This is completely property-denpendent. Many properties do not list any of their suites on Hyatt.com, while others list some of their lower-level suites, and still others list everything. Since it is the property making the decision whether or not to list suites for revenue, I can't see GP being able to list suites for any type of redemption, either points or DSU.

P&C should be a lot easier, even though the individual properties decide whether or not to offer P&C on any specific date or even not at all. P&C are also a lot more sought after (frequency-wise) than suite redemptions, so being able to book them online, or at least see availability would make life a lot simpler.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Miesque
^ In my opinion it is ridiculous that you cannot book cash and points online. If Hilton and their "rocket scientist" IT department have been able to provide this function for years (and even combine a feature allowing you to at the same time buy a few points if you happen to be short), there is no reason why Hyatt should not be able to book online Cash and Point stays or even make a notation that they are available.
This way next year Hyatt can get rid of the C+P option with the same excuse they used for the Passport Escape: "they were underused."

Maybe I've become too jaded.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Which other hotel would you use them at? Hilton? IHG?

I've never seen a situation where it makes sense to use those points for any hotel but Hyatt.

I can get more than double the value of the annual fee out of the Cat 4 room; that alone makes the card a permanent keeper.

And of course, the card has nothing to do with Gold Passport Updates, so that discussion should probably go elsewhere.
+1.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:37 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
One thing that will be changing effective January 1, 2015 is the existing bed type guarantee policy. Today, this is applicable to elite members only, and members are awarded 5,000 bonus points if the reserved bed type is not available upon check-in. Less than 0.1% of elite members did not receive their confirmed bed type – so in the future we’re guaranteeing that upon check-in all guests will receive the bed type confirmed, and there will no longer be any bonus points associated with non-compliance. Rest assured, the hotels are committed to getting this right
I just checked in to a full service Hyatt with a confirmed reservation for a Deluxe King room made over a month ago. I am a long time Diamond member, and have already had 20+ nights in the first two months of 2015. I was given a room with two queens. When I asked for my booked room and bed type I was told it wasn't available.

I brought up the "guarantee of confirmed bed type" and I was brushed off with a shrug of the shoulders. No compensation or apology was offered.

The behavior of the hotel does seem rather against the "commitment" that the above post refers to...
And my experience hopefully won't be brushed under the carpet as a "less than 0.1% of elite members" scenario!

Look forward to hearing your view.

Last edited by AJLondon; Feb 26, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.