Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by azepine00
Oh for crying out loud - consider "business relation" with another chain - let's see if they offer MER, FFN, amenity points, lounge closed points, wrong bed type points etc etc...
When was the last time Hyatt did FFN??? Probably back when they still did the G bonuses, which were also "enhanced" away.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Yes, it’s true. We are making some changes to the Hyatt Gold Passport Award Chart. On January 22, 2015, 48 hotels will move to a lower category and 22 hotels will move to a higher category.
It used to be that 8,000 points got me a suite at a Hyatt House; now it's only good for a regular room. Are all Hyatt Houses included in those "22 hotels" that move to a higher category? Or is this a stealth devaluation?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sethb
It used to be that 8,000 points got me a suite at a Hyatt House; now it's only good for a regular room. Are all Hyatt Houses included in those "22 hotels" that move to a higher category? Or is this a stealth devaluation?
The latter.... no mention of any of these "enhancements" in the e-mail about the category changes either.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by sethb

There is a thread on this subject that was started earlier this week.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:15 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
One thing that will be changing effective January 1, 2015 is the existing bed type guarantee policy. Today, this is applicable to elite members only, and members are awarded 5,000 bonus points if the reserved bed type is not available upon check-in. Less than 0.1% of elite members did not receive their confirmed bed type – so in the future we’re guaranteeing that upon check-in all guests will receive the bed type confirmed, and there will no longer be any bonus points associated with non-compliance. Rest assured, the hotels are committed to getting this right!

Given that there is now no penalty for non-compliance, I was interested to see this given prominence in my account update email today:

How's going to be the first to report back on getting the wrong bed and a heartfelt 'sorry' instead of 5,000 points?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

GP is really gping in the wrong direction with all these ridiculous PR statements. It was also the first thing that I saw... Great, making a promise without any penalty if you don't meet that promise.

And in the same (somewhat individualized) e-mail still promoting your SMPM promotion that I've already registered for, without getting any confirmation BTW.

Rather daft to send such an e-mail.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by RTW1
GP is really gping in the wrong direction with all these ridiculous PR statements. It was also the first thing that I saw... Great, making a promise without any penalty if you don't meet that promise.
Seems like a legal case should they not provide you with the correct bed type... Id rather pitch a fuss after the fact and get a free night or something similar. *shrug*
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
One thing that will be changing effective January 1, 2015 is the existing bed type guarantee policy. Today, this is applicable to elite members only, and members are awarded 5,000 bonus points if the reserved bed type is not available upon check-in. Less than 0.1% of elite members did not receive their confirmed bed type – so in the future we’re guaranteeing that upon check-in all guests will receive the bed type confirmed, and there will no longer be any bonus points associated with non-compliance. Rest assured, the hotels are committed to getting this right!
It seems to me that if it's so rare that hotels fail, you ought to increase the payment if they do; after all, that will practically never happen, right?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
A free night, for noncompliance seems reasonable.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1

And in the same (somewhat individualized) e-mail still promoting your SMPM promotion that I've already registered for, without getting any confirmation BTW.

Rather daft to send such an e-mail.
Before we get in too much of a tizzy over this, let's wait to hear from somebody that doesn't get their preferred bed type and see what happens.

If we hear from nobody...then maybe they really did figure out a way to guarantee everyone's bed type.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I didn't get my bed type, diamond amenity, and the lounge was closed for breakfast on an award stay at the end of the year. Nothing posted. Called in today, spent almost 30 minutes on the phone, and the agent couldn't do a single thing. Sigh.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I didn't get my bed type, diamond amenity, and the lounge was closed for breakfast on an award stay at the end of the year. Nothing posted. Called in today, spent almost 30 minutes on the phone, and the agent couldn't do a single thing. Sigh.
This would be before their new policy went into effect.

Try the HyattConcierge here or on Twitter. Much better use of your time.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I also didn't get my bed type yesterday. I cancelled the rest of my stay, not due to bed type, but I was put in the worse possible room, next to the train, and construction until 7pm above my room....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I also didn't get my bed type yesterday.
But...but...Mr. Zidell said that we could rest assured that, if we like our bed type, we could keep our bed type!

Fine, carry on with the well-deserved vitrol.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Before we get in too much of a tizzy over this, let's wait to hear from somebody that doesn't get their preferred bed type and see what happens.
Why... the change seems clear. We make a promise but there's no penalty for non-compliance. Even if it happens a few times, such changes are still appalling.
But that's GP these days, big on words, less do on the delivery. Thankfully most properties still do a good job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.