Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by suite2suite
No worries. It will be up to each hotel to give you some form of compensation, not GP.
Some properties have been more generous than others and if I remember correctly I've received more than the 5k points.... in some cases as much as a suite upgrade.
Or, they say sorry and give you nothing. There is no stick, so why give a carrot?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
I actually stayed more nights with Hyatt this year than ever. MER was a big reason for it. I guess I will stay less next year.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
AARP membership

You can get an AARP membership pretty cheaply, and I don't believe there is any type of age verification. A lot cheaper than AAA, certainly.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by suite2suite
No worries. It will be up to each hotel to give you some form of compensation, not GP.
Some properties have been more generous than others and if I remember correctly I've received more than the 5k points.... in some cases as much as a suite upgrade.
Weren't the non-compliant hotels paying for and being charged for the 5k points, with GP customer service just processing a claim for the points and making sure they got credited absent proof from the hotel that the guest was assigned to a room with the booked bed type?

Taking away the mandatory minimum penalty is not going to encourage hotels to pay the same or more for any given failure incident of this nature.

When is the closed Regency Club bonus going to be eliminated?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Yeah, I'll agree with all the above complaints: My Elite Rate swung a lot of nights to Hyatt. It had 2 great features.

1 - Having a rate cheaper than the AAA rate was the primary weapon against the Hilton MVP rate. W/o it, a lot of my stays are going to switch back to Hilton MVP.

2 - It added a really powerful carrot to make road warriors stay enough nights to get elite status. I guess this is another effect of the Hyatt credit card. Nowadays they are minting so many new elites that Hyatt doesn't really care about those of us who earn status the old fashioned way.

Gee, no more Diamond challenge, no MER, apparently no new promotion until the first of the year. What's next? No free breakfast at Hyatt House?

Oh, and there have been some IT improvements this year, but they were minor, and not all positive. It's time for the IT dept. to get points + cash online.

Last edited by jn in ca; Dec 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You can get an AARP membership pretty cheaply, and I don't believe there is any type of age verification. A lot cheaper than AAA, certainly.
Yes, but then they (AARP) claim to speak for you on political issues. Since I don't agree with many of their positions, I refuse to join.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Why not just join AAA? An individual memberhip nearly everywhere cost < $100, and virtually every hotel chain worthy of your business offers a AAA rate.
But.......

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
FWIW, I did not see any AAA discount rates in any of the 5 countries I stayed at Hyatt this year, but did see AARP rates at all of them.

I've actually seen rates increase with the use of AAA when perusing international properties. It can be beneficial in N. America but otherwise it's nigh useless in Asia.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jn in ca
Yeah, I'll agree with all the above complaints: My Elite Rate swung a lot of nights to Hyatt. It had 2 great features.

1 - Having a rate cheaper than the AAA rate was the primary weapon against the Hilton MVP rate. W/o it, a lot of my stays are going to switch back to Hilton MVP.

2 - It added a really powerful carrot to make road warriors stay enough nights to get elite status. I guess this is another effect of the Hyatt credit card. Nowadays they are minting so many new elites that Hyatt doesn't really care about those of us who earn status the old fashioned way.

Gee, no more Diamond challenge, no MER, apparently no new promotion until the first of the year. What's next? No free breakfast at Hyatt House?

Oh, and there have been some IT improvements this year, but they were minor, and not all positive. It's time for the IT dept. to get points + cash online.

The comparison with MVP is dead on. On average Hyatt already has higher room rates. Next year with only 10% off? I guess it's time to switch back to Hilton with MVP.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by 466SHH
Yes, but then they (AARP) claim to speak for you on political issues. Since I don't agree with many of their positions, I refuse to join.
+1
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:37 am

If there is no compensation for guests who do not recieve their requested bed type, how does Hyatt's promise to do its best to give everyone their requested bed type - which should be the assumption anyway - constitute a guarantee?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
This whole "guarantee" discussion reminds me of this classic.
http://youtu.be/a5dpBpaFiMo

Last edited by skunker; Dec 12, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
This whole "guarantee" discussion reminds me of this classic.
http://youtu.be/a5dpBpaFiMo
^ Chris Farley was priceless. RIP.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
A sneak peak at next years letter (this is a parody):

" One thing that will be changing effective January 1, 2016 is the existing best rate guarantee policy. Today, this is applicable to those that fill out the form only, and members are awarded a matching rate plus 15% discount if a lower price is verified. Less than 0.1% of members used this form – so in the future we’re guaranteeing the lowest rate for all guests, and there will no longer be any discount associated with non-compliance. Rest assured, the hotels are committed to getting this right!"
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by elg26
My Elite Rate - RIP

That stinks
+1. Helped me get under my corp negotiated rates and stay at Hyatts more.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I agree with others. Hilton MVP will now have much more impact on my stays with the death of MER.

M&P is great, but should reflect standard award availability and be bookable online...

The lack of bed guarantee scares me,. if it was so slim a chance, why not keep the perk as a marketing fluff tool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.