Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Have you stayed there yet?

I am still not at all a fan of the regular rooms...
I have been in all room and suite categories, but not stayed yet. I can say that I like the suites and the "large king" rooms. I would not want to stay in a standard room.

I love the F&B and bar, but my views could be biased because I started out as a VIP from day one due to connections from GH Tokyo. Therefore, the service I receive is excellent. I am not sure this is the case for all guests however.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I would have dinner at The Oak Door, and maybe go uo to the top of the Mori building for the views.
If I had one night in Tokyo, the next to last place I'd eat would be the Oak Door. Expensive, un-accomplished, and unmemorable food. The last place would be Two Rooms, which is a just a bad clone of the Oak Door. I'd rather eat anywhere at the Hills Complex than the Oak Door.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Re: why only one night in Tokyo, since United only allows one stopover on roundtrip award tickets, so I have no more than 24 hours. My kids like airplanes and hotel rooms and visiting new places, so I am doing this overnight connections in Toronto, Tokyo, Taipei, Bangkok etc. My destination is Singapore and long stopover in Zurich on the way back.

Re capacity limit... Is it usually 3 or 4? PH Paris and Milan limit 3 per room, once I explained my kids are 8/6/4, they were OK with it.

Re budget, PH is actually cheaper than GH on the date I'm travelling, less than 30000 jpy. LV code sometimes show up as LV, sometimes show up as global shopper NV, is it for employees or for some luxury shopping club member?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
If I had one night in Tokyo, the next to last place I'd eat would be the Oak Door. Expensive, un-accomplished, and unmemorable food. The last place would be Two Rooms, which is a just a bad clone of the Oak Door. I'd rather eat anywhere at the Hills Complex than the Oak Door.
I agree that two rooms and that group's other venues are awful. Some - perhaps most - of the crowd at Oak Door Bar is usually trashy as well.

I loved The Oak Door under the previous management team. It was my favorite steakhouse in Tokyo.

If I had just one night in Tokyo, I would go out to my favorite sushi restaurant.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
If I had just one night in Tokyo, I would go out to my favorite sushi restaurant.
I'm with you here.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Can you sleep there?

But this schedule seems perfect for a visit to Tsukiji and having a sushi breakfast there. So GH would also look good for that.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Can you sleep there?

But this schedule seems perfect for a visit to Tsukiji and having a sushi breakfast there. So GH would also look good for that.
Tsukiji auctions are off-limits to visitors until mid-January.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I used to enjoy the rest of the market a lot more than queing for the auction. Bonus is that you can get there a few hours later.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by epicurus
Re: why only one night in Tokyo, since United only allows one stopover on roundtrip award tickets, so I have no more than 24 hours. My kids like airplanes and hotel rooms and visiting new places, so I am doing this overnight connections in Toronto, Tokyo, Taipei, Bangkok etc. My destination is Singapore and long stopover in Zurich on the way back.

Re capacity limit... Is it usually 3 or 4? PH Paris and Milan limit 3 per room, once I explained my kids are 8/6/4, they were OK with it.

Re budget, PH is actually cheaper than GH on the date I'm travelling, less than 30000 jpy. LV code sometimes show up as LV, sometimes show up as global shopper NV, is it for employees or for some luxury shopping club member?
The best option would be connecting rooms st the PH. One view room for patent(s), connecting with a twin bedded room for the kids. The hotel has a family offer which gives a substantial discount on the second room.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:20 pm

im flying in and out Haneda for three nights. I was already booked for two nights at the Conrad, but at the last minute I had to add a third night and I want to book a hyatt property. It will be the first night. Which one would be the easiest for me to do in terms of getting from Haneda at about 9 PM, and then the next day going to Conrad. I will have a two year old with me.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
The Grand Hyatt is both closest to Haneda and closest to the Conrad.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by NickW
The Grand Hyatt is both closest to Haneda and closest to the Conrad.
The Andaz is actually closer, but the GH is not far away either.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I feel travel distance should be no distinguishing factor here..... you will need to travel anyway, differences will be small.
Stay in the area you prefer or at a property that you will like.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
I feel travel distance should be no distinguishing factor here..... you will need to travel anyway, differences will be small.
Stay in the area you prefer or at a property that you will like.
I agree with this especially given that both public transit and taxis in Tokyo are efficient and readily available.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I vote for the Grand Hyatt Tokyo. Been there three times. Not cheap, but very nice.

I have not been to the Andaz yet; the only Andaz I was supposed to stay at was the one in Napa (which ironically - to this thread on Japan - closed for earthquake repairs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.