Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
no award availability loaded yet for 2015. they have pulled all base rooms from inventory.
Randomly tried dates this year and can't find any either. Maybe they pulled all from inventory for 2014 too.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Its pretty easy any time. They operated until 8pm. on sundays and holidays operated 1 car only. You can arrange it with the doorman.
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Did you make use of the complimentary drop off? Is it easy to get at any time of the evening?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
newbie to hyatt.

i called to redeem DSU.

the agent told me that on my dates there were none available.

i just checked on their website and found many suite types available, including the standard suite.

by the way, is there any other way to apply DSU to my booking?

I don't want to make oversea call all the time.

Hyatt is million years behind SPG about this.

ps. sorry for my poor English, just a 3rd world resident.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:08 am

Send a pm to gold passport concierge here. No phone call needed.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:40 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
newbie to hyatt.

i called to redeem DSU.

the agent told me that on my dates there were none available.

i just checked on their website and found many suite types available, including the standard suite.

by the way, is there any other way to apply DSU to my booking?

I don't want to make oversea call all the time.

Hyatt is million years behind SPG about this.

ps. sorry for my poor English, just a 3rd world resident.
Unfortunately the dsu at the PH my books into a junior suite, of which I believe there are only 4... Maybe more.

But the standard suite is not the park suite.

FDW
Ps. Hyatt is not behind spg here. Hyatt lets you use a dsu to confirm a suite up to 13 months in advance of max stay 7 nights. Spg suite nights are only confirm able 5 days in advanxe if I'm not mistaken.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Unfortunately the dsu at the PH my books into a junior suite, of which I believe there are only 4... Maybe more.

But the standard suite is not the park suite.

FDW
Ps. Hyatt is not behind spg here. Hyatt lets you use a dsu to confirm a suite up to 13 months in advance of max stay 7 nights. Spg suite nights are only confirm able 5 days in advanxe if I'm not mistaken.
you're correct.

personally i feel it's so complicated and hard to get contact with hyatt, not like SPG. maybe im new with hyatt too.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:22 pm

Since standard room awards are unavailable, does that mean I can't use free night certificates earned from the Hyatt credit card?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by dawgsontop
Since standard room awards are unavailable, does that mean I can't use free night certificates earned from the Hyatt credit card?
Yes, that's correct. I've brought this up a few times and I can't believe that more people aren't upset about it. Hyatt owns the property and they are currently preventing all award reservations because of construction delays which apparently only affect standard rooms.

Between this, the limited diamond breakfast, and applying DSU's to the junior suite instead of the Park Suite this hotel is doing everything it can to avoid/limit HGP benefits.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I can't believe that more people aren't upset about it.
You haven't been reading enough posts/ blogs...people ARE upset about this.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
You haven't been reading enough posts/ blogs...people ARE upset about this.
That's good to know. I usually only keep up with flyertalk and it doesn't seem to be getting much discussion/backlash here.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It did... But that was before the review thread was opened. And that is still rather lacking in actual reviews.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Yes, that's correct. I've brought this up a few times and I can't believe that more people aren't upset about it. Hyatt owns the property and they are currently preventing all award reservations because of construction delays which apparently only affect standard rooms.

Between this, the limited diamond breakfast, and applying DSU's to the junior suite instead of the Park Suite this hotel is doing everything it can to avoid/limit HGP benefits.
Yes we are upset about it. Though this is absolutely standard business practice across the board at every single US SPG property and the reason I gave up on them a long time ago. Just compare it to say Le Parker Meridien across the street which does it best to screw everyone walking through the door
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
you're correct.

personally i feel it's so complicated and hard to get contact with hyatt, not like SPG. maybe im new with hyatt too.
Here's a tip: Calling US toll-free numbers is available at no charge on Skype. Use Skype to call Hyatt reservations.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yes we are upset about it. Though this is absolutely standard business practice across the board at every single US SPG property and the reason I gave up on them a long time ago. Just compare it to say Le Parker Meridien across the street which does it best to screw everyone walking through the door
I agree that these types of problems are more prevalent with SPG properties in general, but I still can't think of any SPG property that shut down award availability altogether. Even the much maligned Le Parker Meridien has 90% award availability over the next few months.

I guess that's why I'm so upset about this one in particular because Hyatt always seems to have pretty good award availability and properties don't seem to play as many games.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Though this is absolutely standard business practice across the board at every single US SPG property and the reason I gave up on them a long time ago.
I have been a SPG Plat and now LT for the last 14 years and I never encountered anything similar to what this property is implementing today. I love Hyatt but this is a bit overboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.