Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
AP rate for end Aug has now dropped to $573~ per night... Good deal? Relatively?
Yes.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'd definitely try at that rate. I'm in New York at the moment and would have given the PH a try, except I'm somewhat trying to be on a budget this week. It's also 30 blocks further uptown than I normally do.

Not that it's working of course.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Have an upcoming stay on Thursday and excited to check it out.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Have an upcoming stay on Thursday and excited to check it out.
Keep us posted on your stay, especially your Diamond amenity, and what breakfast was like please.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Delta PM
Is anyone aware if any of the rooms have a view of Central Park? I'm guessing all the north-facing rooms occupied by the Hyatt are probably too low to see over the CPS buildings, but just wondering if someone might know otherwise.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You guessed right.... no way to get anything like a decent view from those first 25 floors when surrounding buildings are way higher than that, notably the 44floors of the Essex House.
It's telling that both the Hyatt website and the One57 give you no clue at all about the views. And there are some amusing stories about the cancellation of at least one contract when the buyer of a unit bribed a construction worker to film his supposed unobstructed view on the 47th floor....
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Michael Hirtenstein eventually went for nothing at the building, after getting a sneak peak of the "view" he thought he was going to get when contracting himself rather early on in the residential sales period?

Originally Posted by johnbaby
Is anyone aware if any of the rooms have a view of Central Park? I'm guessing all the north-facing rooms occupied by the Hyatt are probably too low to see over the CPS buildings, but just wondering if someone might know otherwise.
And the S/W/E facing rooms are in the wrong direction.

If a good Central Park view is what you want on a hotel stay, you'd do better with one of the hotels on or just off CPS or with one of the hotels close to the SW or SE corners of the park.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by johnbaby
There is a photo here that shows what is probably about the best CP view you can expect:

link no longer works

Last edited by schriste; Apr 12, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: A few
Yes in fairness to the PH it's competitors like FS or St Regis have equally unimpressive views. My office has the best views, here is the view of PH right from my desk:

Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Yes in fairness to the PH it's competitors like FS or St Regis have equally unimpressive views. My office has the best views, here is the view of PH right from my desk:
Very nice.

Last edited by peteropny; Aug 28, 2014 at 1:20 am Reason: Removed quoted pic
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
My office has the best views, here is the view of PH right from my desk:
Yes, but do you get any Diamond benefits there?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Quasiconvexity
Yes, but do you get any Diamond benefits there?
Actually I do get free breakfast!!! LOL
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Decent view, but where's the view of Central Park? In the reflection off the glass on one of buildings nearby?

Last edited by peteropny; Aug 28, 2014 at 1:19 am Reason: Removed quoted pic
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Decent view, but where's the view of Central Park? In the reflection off the glass on one of buildings nearby?

BOOM!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
BOOM!
When can we move in. I will bring breakfast and welcome amenity.

Last edited by peteropny; Aug 28, 2014 at 1:19 am Reason: Removed quoted pic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.