Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2023, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The pump bottles have a cap designed to only be opened using a special tool. I'm sure someone could fairly easily figure out a way to open them, but that is also true of dispensers. I can't imagine that they dispose of the contents after each stay, but at least they can take the bottles away and clean the exteriors before refilling, so I think they are safer and more sanitary than dispensers. Being able to move them around definitely makes then a lot easier to use than dispensers.

Hyatt announced back in 2019 that they would stop using the mini bottle toiletries. It has been almost 4 years since that announcement, so I would not be surprised to see this trend gaining a bit more momentum in the near future.
Good that they aren’t just the ordinary large retail bottles. South Korea Hyatts already went with the changeover to wall dispensers.
Old May 28, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Aventine
Good that they aren’t just the ordinary large retail bottles. South Korea Hyatts already went with the changeover to wall dispensers.
Even the Aesop body balm (hand lotion) is in a 500 mL pump bottle placed on the vanity counter, and it could easily be moved to the bedroom area if desired. Also, no soap other than the Aesop body wash is provided in the bath, just the one small soap at the vanity.
Old May 29, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
From what I remember, they are ordinary retail bottles. But the pump cap has either been replaced, or there is a special locking ring placed over the regular cap.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 5:54 pm

I am considering booking under my friend to get Globalist status. I understand the suite upgrade is basically 0%, but is their a good chance to upgrade to a tower view room?
Old Jun 3, 2023, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by gravii
Just had a stay here, and was very impressed. Upgraded to a deluxe room, proactively offered late checkout. Rooms are in great condition. Breakfast service was beyond expectations - even exceeding a recent stay at the Park Hyatt Paris. The only downside was the Japanese set, which was pictured in this thread earlier. It's no where near as good as it previously was, and you could even pick up the same ingredients and DIY it from the buffet if you wanted.

Underground connection to Toranomon Hills and Toranomon station was fantastic, though noting if you want to head North East from Toranomon Hills Station, you need to exit and re-enter from the other platforms entrance.
Good for you - I was told there were only 8 deluxe rooms which are the maximum level of rooms for globalists to upgrade, so we ended up with a tower view room for 6 nights. And agree with you - the Japanese set was not impressive, compared with Park Hyatt Tokyo.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by osxunf
I am considering booking under my friend to get Globalist status. I understand the suite upgrade is basically 0%, but is their a good chance to upgrade to a tower view room?
Based on availability, but more likely than not.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Lazyjarl
Good for you - I was told there were only 8 deluxe rooms which are the maximum level of rooms for globalists to upgrade.
Last time I stayed, I got no upgrade at all. So I guess this evens it out. I have to say even their base rooms are quite nice though.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by gravii
Last time I stayed, I got no upgrade at all. So I guess this evens it out. I have to say even their base rooms are quite nice though.
Well - I think I was lucky. Having stayed at both Park Hyatt and Andaz, I'd prefer Park Hyatt over Andaz. There are more restaurants and shopping malls if you don't mind of a bit of walking of several blocks from Park Hyatt.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Lazyjarl
Well - I think I was lucky. Having stayed at both Park Hyatt and Andaz, I'd prefer Park Hyatt over Andaz. There are more restaurants and shopping malls if you don't mind of a bit of walking of several blocks from Park Hyatt.
I've stayed at both and prefer the Andaz. The area around the Andaz is lacking though so I agree it is easier to walk to stuff from the Park Hyatt, but in terms of experience at the properties themselves I always enjoyed Andaz more.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
I've stayed at both and prefer the Andaz. The area around the Andaz is lacking though so I agree it is easier to walk to stuff from the Park Hyatt, but in terms of experience at the properties themselves I always enjoyed Andaz more.
The area around Andaz Tokyo is absolutely fantastic. Every direction is wonderful, pretty much. Could not disagree note that it is “lacking”.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Red259
Just easier to walk to a park from the PH but the area around Toronomon Hills has improved a lot since opening. Not lacking at all.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I have to admit I'm still in the research phase, but the fact that PHT has older hardware means I decide to go with Andaz. I think I'll just wait for PHT to reopen after renovation to visit them. I think both hotels don't have lounges right? As a Globalist, I do care about elite recognition and the breakfast spread. I think I made the right choice to go with Andaz?
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:51 am

I haven't stayed at the PH, but I really do like the Andaz. Maybe there's nothing touristy nearby, but it's easy to get everywhere via the train. Service, room and breakfast are top notch IMO, compared to other Hyatt's around Asia.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I have to admit I'm still in the research phase, but the fact that PHT has older hardware means I decide to go with Andaz. I think I'll just wait for PHT to reopen after renovation to visit them. I think both hotels don't have lounges right? As a Globalist, I do care about elite recognition and the breakfast spread. I think I made the right choice to go with Andaz?
Theyre both good choices it just depends on your preferences in my opinion. If you plan on going back to Tokyo in the future I’d consider staying at the PHT now to at least experience what it’s like and then return again after the renovation to see how it’s changed (unless you completely hate it the first time of course).

There’s a nostalgic factor with some PHT fans (myself included) that’s hard to shake. It means overlooking certain areas where it might not compare as well to some of the newer hotels but still waxing poetic about it. That said I had a great stay recently even though I noticed imperfections but I also had a good stay at the Andaz in 2019 for different reasons.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I don’t find the older furnishings a big deal. Service was beyond fantastic.

Of course, being in a suite was the main reason for PHT as a globalist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.