Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by coljung
Great suggestion!

I actually found a route that goes to The Okura hotel which is just a couple of blocks from the Andaz. I'll prob do that and then take a quick cab.

It's funny, i asked the hotel for their recommendations, and they mentioned having a chauffeur service from NRT as well as from Tokyo station. The one from NRT costs 80k, and from Tokyo station costs 33k Yen. Wow isnt that like a 20m ride or less?
Yeah, Taxi to/from Tokyo station should be around 1600 JPY. Hotel services are almost always a rip off.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Kirk T
If only 2 Twins Beds is available on points, does anyone have any opinion on how likely a Globalist could get upgraded into a King bed room?
Im going in a few days so i'll have a DP on this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

If only 2 Twins Beds is available on points, does anyone have any opinion on how likely a Globalist could get upgraded into a King bed room?
Just ask at check-in. It should be no problem.
Kirk T likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:19 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Great suggestion!

I actually found a route that goes to The Okura hotel which is just a couple of blocks from the Andaz. I'll prob do that and then take a quick cab.

It's funny, i asked the hotel for their recommendations, and they mentioned having a chauffeur service from NRT as well as from Tokyo station. The one from NRT costs 80k, and from Tokyo station costs 33k Yen. Wow isnt that like a 20m ride or less?
580 USD for a ride from Narita - that's insane. You can fly between Japan and the US (at least one way) for less than that.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
I emailed them ahead of time to inform them that a King bed was preferred. I even sent a screenshot showing availability for my dates, after they said none were available initially…

Hope this helps
Kirk T likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:29 am

Thought I'd share some photos of the bay view as I had trouble finding examples before my trip. The view was incredible. For any aviation nerds, you can see Haneda in the distance and can watch the traffic make their sweeping turns after departure on 34R.

Couple of quick thoughts on the hotel itself.. It's quirky, and I loved it. If you're arriving on foot or via the train, it's really easy to miss the entrance. There's an unassuming door that I believe had a flag or something to mark it as the hotel entrance. After you walk through that, I kind of had to look around to find the elevators to the lobby. Maybe it was just me being distracted. The hotel has a very laid back vibe to it, which doesn't really match the price, but I appreciated as that's way more of my style. The location is a little bland, but it's easy to get around the city from and close to attractions like Ginza and Tokyo Tower. The breakfast (free via FHR) was wonderful with made to order mains and a large buffet spread.

I'll definitely be returning.

Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:35 am

Great suggestion!

My previous trip to Andaz Tokyo, they booked my airport transfer to HND and it wasn't marked up. This recent trip(February), their quote to NRT was the ridiculous 80k yen rate. was 1/3 less when going directly to MK Taxi...
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
The Bay View looks great! I've had Park View once and Tower View 3 times, and I would have to say that the Bay View looks like the most unobstructed. I was especially a bit disappointed with the Tower View last year; we seemed to be looking directly into the apartments in the Residence Tower.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Does anyone know if I can use club access certificate? Does the club offer breakfast?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by gogomustangs
Does anyone know if I can use club access certificate? Does the club offer breakfast?
There is no club lounge at this property so you can't use a certificate.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
There is no lounge, but the lounge serves continental breakfast, evening drinks and canapes, and refreshments throughout the day for all stating guests..
Old Mar 2, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
There is no lounge, but the lounge serves continental breakfast, evening drinks and canapes, and refreshments throughout the day for all stating guests..
Calling it a continental breakfast is bit generous. The last time we used it there was a bit of fruit (tiny bananas and even more tiny strawberries) and on most days one type of pastry or some donuts, but they can be slow on replenishing the pastry and no staff to be found (unless you go to the front desk). There are of course coffee from the machine, and varieties of juice (n the refrigerator in addition to the variety they put on the table).
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by hailstorm
There is no lounge, but the lounge..
??!
No “club lounge” but a general area with coffee open to all?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beachfan
??!
No “club lounge” but a general area with coffee open to all?
That's what Andaz is about. A communal "home living room" area to relax and serve yourself light beverages/refreshments.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:13 am

I stayed here last week after nearly four years away, I have to say: it was an absolutely terrific stay. Better than the many at PHT I have had this year.

The rooms are in great shape. Hotel was sold out on paper but they still managed to upgrade my base room to a perfect Tower View. Pro-tip: xx23 and adjacent rooms still have great, unobstructed views.

Service was on point, and I was delighted to see so many GHT staffers now in management at Andaz Tokyo. It was very nice to be instantly recognized by wonderful people I had not seen in ten years!

The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.