Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Just enjoying a quick read of others recent disappointments and saw something about water bottles that we should have received. Add that to the list of things we weren't told about or offered and the other miscellaneous service disappointments, Diamond status and cash & points rate w/ DSU notwithstanding. Ah well...
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bpauker
Just enjoying a quick read of others recent disappointments and saw something about water bottles that we should have received. Add that to the list of things we weren't told about or offered and the other miscellaneous service disappointments, Diamond status and cash & points rate w/ DSU notwithstanding. Ah well...
Yes, I never got the water bottles or sandals... I asked the front desk and they blamed the Bellman for not bringing any at check in. I asked if I could have a 2, but of course they never showed up.... Again, nice property but don't be expected to be wowed by this place. They really have some serious communication issues. At the end, I just expected nothing to ever get done, I didn't ask for anything else, as any communication with the Front Desk was basically ignored.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Hoping someone can answer my questions about using Diamond Suite upgrades at Andaz Maui.

I will be spending 7 nights (pts & cash) at Andaz Maui in August and plan to register for the Diamond trial so I can enjoy diamond benefits as well as applying a DSU. Can anyone tell me what room do they give you when you do the DSU? From what I have read, Andaz Maui no longer upgrades to the Andaz Suite, but upgrades to the Suite with Partial Ocean View?

I have checked the availability for my dates, there are no more partial view suites for the 7 days, but they do have the andaz suite. Would applying a DSU give me an Andaz suite? Is it possible to apply a DSU and pay the difference for the Andaz suite? Also, I check the dates individually and 2 of the 7 days did not have the partial view and it is in the middle of my 7 days. So right now I am very flexible as my 7 nights are under 7 reservations (1 for each night). Please advise on how I should proceed!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Hoping someone can answer my questions about using Diamond Suite upgrades at Andaz Maui.

I will be spending 7 nights (pts & cash) at Andaz Maui in August and plan to register for the Diamond trial so I can enjoy diamond benefits as well as applying a DSU. Can anyone tell me what room do they give you when you do the DSU? From what I have read, Andaz Maui no longer upgrades to the Andaz Suite, but upgrades to the Suite with Partial Ocean View?

I have checked the availability for my dates, there are no more partial view suites for the 7 days, but they do have the andaz suite. Would applying a DSU give me an Andaz suite? Is it possible to apply a DSU and pay the difference for the Andaz suite? Also, I check the dates individually and 2 of the 7 days did not have the partial view and it is in the middle of my 7 days. So right now I am very flexible as my 7 nights are under 7 reservations (1 for each night). Please advise on how I should proceed!
As far as I know you would not be able to combine a dsu with a paid upgrade if the dsu level room is unavailable. You might be able to apply a dsu for the two nights in the middle and then pay to upgrade all the nights to the Andaz suite, but the rates between standard rooms and the Andaz suite is usually really high. You can always call and see what they'll do, but I think you're best bet is to just wait and see if anything opens up or stay elsewhere if you really need a suite and aren't willing to pay the rate difference for the nights the partial ocean is unavailable.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:52 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

You have zero stays with the property, I would expect they won't do a thing. For a return Diamond they might.

Note that the DSU has to book into the category that the property expects. If it's not available GP cannot apply the upgrade.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob

As you note, it's pretty well documented in this thread that the DSU puts you into the partial ocean view suite. I am not aware of any property allowing you to use a DSU and pay the difference (when the base suite is not available).

I was going to suggest you call the hotel directly to see what they can do, but given that you are not even Diamond at the moment, I'm not sure how willing they would be to try and work with you on suite upgrade options.

I'm sure others here can offer better advice, but given its only 2 nights that lack availability, I would just keep checking...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)

have you not read the past 5-6 pages? i answered this very question
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
have you not read the past 5-6 pages? i answered this very question
Hi -- I actually did read it before. So to confirm... HGP booked you into an Andaz Suite (regular one, not partial view) when you used a DSU?

Were there partial views available at the time and hotel just upgraded you to Andaz Suite or they right there and then HGP booked the Andaz Suite for you?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: UA Silver SPG Lifetime Gold
I'm thinking about making a reservation here for the week during New Years using my points. It appears all of the rooms are non-refundable. Is this normal?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by chrisinacton
I'm thinking about making a reservation here for the week during New Years using my points. It appears all of the rooms are non-refundable. Is this normal?
I wouldn't say it's normal, but there are a good number of hotels that make all their reservations (even award nights) non-cancelable during periods of high demand/holidays.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:56 pm

Does anyone know if the DSU applies to the Pool Side suite?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:11 am

Does anyone know if the DSU applies to the Pool Side suite?
No, it doesn't. It's currently only the Andaz Suite Partial Ocean View as mentioned throughout the thread.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:33 pm

Got a stay starting here on DSU Saturday. Anyone with recent experiences on the Kihei parking option? If not, I will report back after my stay.
Also, previous comments indicate that as long as our vehicle is not in the valet lot overnight, you are not charged. If you are using the valet during the day, how do they know not to charge you?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Got a stay starting here on DSU Saturday. Anyone with recent experiences on the Kihei parking option? If not, I will report back after my stay.
Also, previous comments indicate that as long as our vehicle is not in the valet lot overnight, you are not charged. If you are using the valet during the day, how do they know not to charge you?
We'll be there in 2 weeks...I'd like to know what you find out.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by pickles1107
i'll be interested to see any reports about the Kihei option as well. will be there in 3 weeks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.