Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Doing a last minute trip to Hawaii. I was shocked to see award space show up here for the 4 days that I was looking at. Hubby and I decided though to just go to the HR. I'm just an Explorist and would like some change of an upgrade. Plus, I don't think we were looking for the laid back, quiet vibe for this trip. It was tempting though as I know how hard it to find award space. It wasn't there when I looked last week.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Doing a last minute trip to Hawaii. I was shocked to see award space show up here for the 4 days that I was looking at. Hubby and I decided though to just go to the HR. I'm just an Explorist and would like some change of an upgrade. Plus, I don't think we were looking for the laid back, quiet vibe for this trip. It was tempting though as I know how hard it to find award space. It wasn't there when I looked last week.
I assume the HR is fewer points?

The Andaz really is much nicer. Nicer beach, too.

The HR is very 80s.

But, yeah, amazed that award space opened up for four nights. I haven't seen that in years.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern

The HR is very 80s.

But, yeah, amazed that award space opened up for four nights. I haven't seen that in years.

i just searched andaz march 24-28 and it’s available on points for a room with 2 queen beds. Maybe award restrictions have finally let up??
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Must be a last-minute thing. I can't find any a few months up to 11 months out.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

The HR is very 80s.

Yes the HR is 5000 points less. My husband looked up the hotels and felt like he would like the HR better too. If we were staying 5 days, like I was thinking about at one time, we might have done 2 days at 1 and 3 days at the other.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by slm9555
i just searched andaz march 24-28 and it’s available on points for a room with 2 queen beds. Maybe award restrictions have finally let up??
No it's the last minute dumping of available rooms. Only useful for those who are planning last-minute trips.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Yes the HR is 5000 points less. My husband looked up the hotels and felt like he would like the HR better too. If we were staying 5 days, like I was thinking about at one time, we might have done 2 days at 1 and 3 days at the other.
I stayed at the HRC in November - I can very highly recommend the coffee shop just off the lobby and into the small shop area at the HR. Great coffee. I walked over every morning.
cdancer20 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Several...
When did Andaz Maui start offering Luau's? Has anyone experienced the Luau there?

Aloha from Andaz Maui!

Inboxx

OGGAW-Shared MB-Concierge <[email protected]>

2:15 AM (5 hours ago)

to OGGAW-Shared
Greetings from Andaz Maui!

The sun is shining and the palm trees are swaying, the only thing missing is you! We’re excited about your upcoming visit to the resort, and we’re even more excited about a pretty neat experience that we wanted you to be aware of. The Andaz Maui is proud to feature Wailea’s only luxury luau – The Feast at Mokapu. A beautifully curated cultural and culinary experience set among our iconic grassy lawn and the sandy shore of Mokapu beach.

Allow us to take you on a historical journey of our Polynesian ancestors arriving to Maui and settling in our ahupua’a (land division) while we give insight and life to our Hawaiian values that focus on the love of, connection to, and kuleana (responsibility) to the land. While enjoying our interactive story-telling, indulge in an `ohana style meal, beautifully plated and executed by our Executive Chef, Isaac Bancaco. Handcrafted cocktails personalized to your liking will also be available to enhance this culinary family style experience.

The Feast at Mokapu is available every Sunday and Tuesday from 5:30 – 8:30pm and reservations can be made through our Concierge at (808) 243-2703 or atwww.feastatmokapu.com.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

ALEX GRUBB

Concierge Manager

ANDAZ MAUI AT WAILEA RESORT

T +1 808 243 4795 // E [email protected]

andazmaui.com
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by soliloquy
When did Andaz Maui start offering Luau's? Has anyone experienced the Luau there?
It's a new gimmick and been commented on by some bloggers. Apparently the most expensive luau on Maui.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:20 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by soliloquy
Classic case of double-filtering. On a website aimed at people who want to save money by hoarding points and digging up bargains, we're looking for a subset who would blow $500 per couple for a 3 hours of entertainment.

Very doubtful that anyone is in both populations.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We've got a dedicated thread going on this wonderful development:

New Luxury Luau Coming to the Andaz Maui
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We've got a dedicated thread going on this wonderful development:

New Luxury Luau Coming to the Andaz Maui
Wouldn't go if they paid me $500.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Wouldn't go if they paid me $500.
Now THAT I would do - certainly before a timeshare presentation.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:20 am

Now THAT I would do - certainly before a timeshare presentation.
Me too, although I would probably leave early.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Classic case of double-filtering. On a website aimed at people who want to save money by hoarding points and digging up bargains, we're looking for a subset who would blow $500 per couple for a 3 hours of entertainment.

Very doubtful that anyone is in both populations.
not necessarily true, at least for me personally,, ever since I discovered points and miles and don't pay for hotels and flights for the most part, I find myself spending more on food and activities

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.